We stayed here for a week with our 3 daughters aged 13, 11 & 4. We booked the hotel through Thomson, but flights separately as we wanted to fly from Edinburgh. This meant we had to book our own transfers which turned out to be a disaster.
We booked through Alpha rooms, but the taxi wasn't at the airport as promised. After several phonecalls & an hour later we were picked up & dropped at the wrong hotel (the reef oasis beach resort - which doesn't look nearly as nice).
Anyway.... once we got to the reef oasis blue bay, eventually, we were pleased to be allocated a family room - only meant for 4. We got it on the condition that our 4 year old would sleep in a cot! (she's small anyway and thought it was fun!) Its 2 adjoining rooms each with a bathroom. We had originally booked 2 separate rooms but it would have meant splitting us all up anyway, so we were pleased.
The lobby area is really beautiful, and everywhere was constantly being cleaned.
The hotel has its own kids club, which we used the first day, however, after putting 4 year old in, luckily we spotted her paddling in the pool 20 mins later!! She wasn't put back in there again. Also they had a pool within the kids club which I didn't think was a good idea.
Luckily we then found the Thomson's kids club and it was an entirely different story there - security was their priority and both 4 year old & 11 year old enjoyed it greatly. even although there were only a couple of other kids.
We found we were in the minority being English speakers. Most of the guests were eastern European and the entertainment was definately geared towards them. We found it pretty dire really though the kids enjoyed it.
meals were fine and we did use the a la carte restaurants. The French one served great steaks, though we were shocked at the bill - it was almost £100 for me, hubby & 14 year old!!
The snorkelling is fabulous on the beach and we didn't actually leave the hotel the entire week. There are several shops (though overpriced) within the hotel. It was worth it to keep an eye on our girls who have a habit of wandering off in shops and didn't want to risk it here.
The only bad thing about the whole week was when my husband was in the loos near the pool on the 2nd last night and there was a spaced out Russian snorting cocaine - you could get that anywhere I suppose. They were a pretty weird bunch!
We didn't use the spa, so cant comment on that.
We drank from luchtime til night time and didn't feel much effect, so I am guessing the drinks were watered down!
We used all the pools apart from the adult only one. Our favourite was the infinity pool. There were great sunsets to be seen from here about 5-6pm each night.
I could go on & on, but I can recommend this hotel to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa is one of the most beautiful resorts of Sharm El Sheikh with the magnificent views of the Sinai Mountains hidden amongst the colorful shades of the desert. The Hotel is overlooking the famous Red Sea with clear crystal blue waters and beautiful corals with the most amazing colored tropical fish. Our highly experienced trained staff and Management Team are available 24 hrs with extended knowledge of the resort and qualified to provide our Guests with the most professional and exceptional service. Our Priority is you at all times during the day and night to help make the most of an excellent and enjoyable holiday. We have a wide range of facilities including a 24hr bar serving drinks and snacks, a beautiful Panorama Terrace to capture the most amazing sunset views for those perfect kodak moments to save a lifetime of memories. We have many Swimming pools to meet everyone's tastes, have fun in the sun with the family's at the leisure pool or relax reading a book chilling by our adults pool at the Relax we have it for all ages. Teens hangout room including play stations, games machines, air hockey and billiards or join in the activities with the Animation Team. Treat your self with one of our Royal Tents with complete privacy, waiter service, direct access to the sea for relax time including drinks, fruit for a small additional charge or lounge on your sun bed at the beach at your leisure with 350 m of sand and try our snorkeling from the jetty to spot little Nemo with a trained instructor the choice is yours. If you would like to make your stay extra special we have many other room types to upgrade, our Honeymoon Suite being the most popular choice and highest category. This option is by far the best choice and we can guarantee you won't be disappointed, pure luxury with direct sea view, the moon the stars the sunset all in one. Your very on private double jacuzzi, separate living room, walk in wardrobe, marble bathroom, DVD player with surround sound and wifi with many other benefits included. All for a small supplement. Easy access to the other resort areas to visit during your stay by taxi or shuttle you will be anywhere in a short time to grab your bargains shop till you drop or chill in one of the famous shisha cafes we can direct you. Upload your memorable photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram whilst enjoying your holiday with our new extended wifi or Skype your friends at home to show them the wonderful Hotel your staying in now available in various areas of the Hotel free of charge. If you fell active during your stay why not try a discover scuba dive or complete your padi and become a certified diver with our very own dive centre on the beach or get active in our amazing gym and learn all the exercises with a trained and qualified fitness instructor ,. If you prefer to pamper your self relax in our steam room or sauna free of charge. Don't forget to reserve your Ala Carte Restaurants with our Guest Relation Team who are available in the lobby to make your dining experience the most enjoyable one, sample our tasty delicious 4. Course meal with complete tranquility in our La Romantique Restaurant special offers apply. We are truly confident by choosing the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa you will not be disappointed. If you have any further questions or queries we would love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming our Guests soon. Management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Oasis Blue Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Reef Oasis Blue Bay