“I have found Paradise”

Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Ranked #75 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I will start with three S's spectacular, stunning service. Having stayed in Sharm El Sheik before I had expected this holiday to be good, but it was simply excellent. I stayed with my husband for two weeks and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have luxury, amazing staff, fantastic rooms, pools, food, views. Saad and Sabry were both absolutely fantastic, they work extremely hard, and always have a BIG smile to greet you with as well as a good conversation which made us feel special. Our sun beds were made up by Saad at the amazing infinity pool, and Sabry at the wonderful relax pool. At the relax pool my favourite place was the spa end of the pool where I could place my sunbed in the pool which continually kept me cool. Drinks were immediately brought over by Ali who again works relentlessly in the heat providing fantastic service. Each day we would be sprayed with cool water, receive a cold icy flannel, and our sunglasses were cleaned, fab!! And not once did any of the excellent staff hold back with an expectation of a tip. In fact when we did tip at the end of our holiday each tip was humbly received and made us feel that we were able to say thankyou to some wonderful people. Hend greeted us every morning and again always had a smile treating us as individuals, she loved to tell us how much she loves Mary Poppins, greeting us with 'supercalifragelistixexpialidocous'. Reda is an absolute gentleman and each day took time to talk and ask about our day, he managed the Italian Restaurant which we visited a number of times, the food was fabulous and choice amazing. I would like to point out that any extras that were on offer were certainly not pushed on us, and in fact makes me feel that it was definitely a five star service offering extras if you wanted them, and showing full respect if you didn't want these. Our room was simply superb with a view if the relax pool, and kept absolutely perfectly clean for our entire stay. We visited the gym and used it a number of times the first week, air conditioned with excellent equipment which you would find in your own local gym. The Lift down to the beach was brilliant, and we snorkelled a number of times late afternoon when we were surrounded by beautiful fish, it was stunning, breathtaking at times amazed at the sheer amount around you. A walk along the beach enabled us to see the fish feeding on the coral, and the sunset was glorious. Steps up from the beach takes you to a wonderful area with three small private spa pools, one which looks over the beach has fantastic views. We booked through Thompson and wanted to compliment both Samy and Ibrahim who started the holiday with a quick and fun introduction meeting, they are very regularly in the hotel reception and nothing is tool much trouble. Reception staff were brilliant as well, quick to help at any time. The hotel bus which us free to Soho Square is perfect and allowed us to have a trip out which we thoroughly enjoyed again. We stayed last week of June, first week of July, temp in the first week was around 38/39 but the second week saw the temperature soar to 42 in the shade and 50 in the sun, phew, and yet all this time the staff remained consistently fantastic. The 24 hour Carribean bar was a perfect place to watch the World Cup, this is positioned outside with plenty of tables, comfy chairs and under an amazing starlit sky. The opposite bar the pub was excellent too, air conditioned with plenty of tv screens. Kabagki the grill restaurant provided some excellent egyptian food, the only problem being that I was full quickly on the vast amount. The main buffet restaurant provided us with plenty of fresh dishes to choose from, again all the staff work so very hard. Both Carl and I would not need to think twice about booking this wonderful hotel again, and in fact many people that we chatted to were of the same opinion or were already visiting for second third times etc. Many Thanks 'shukran' to all of the staff :)

Room Tip: 3108 was excellent close to reception overlooking the gardens and the relax pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
20  Thank Diane L
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Diane,

Your detailed and comprehensive review is so welcome and we thank you for taking the time to think of us and the readers on this forum and writing it. There are so many superlatives and it is gratifying to read that all the unconditional efforts of all the staff were appreciated and enjoyed throughout your holiday. I am delighted that you met other guests who had been here two and three times before as it shows that we are consistent and only getting better every time so we look forward to seeing you again soon.

email: bluebay.gm@reefoasis.com.eg

Write a ReviewReviews (6,197)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Ok so this is not an adult only hotel, but choose to spend your days at the relax pool and no one under age of 18 allowed, the music at times was a wee bit corny and then the couple of couples we got friendly with and ourselves were on the odd occasion a wee bit rowdy but harmlessly, but wow, Mohammed serving us drinks, Ali bringing pool towels, cleaning your sunglasses, spraying you with cooling water and bringing round iced towels to cool you!!! The snacks available at the Relax are delicious and you - well I at least - found only on a couple of occasions that I didn't need to go to buffet for lunch.
Now going to food, again only once did I eat supper at the buffet and that was delicious, but the remaining days I ate in the Egyptian Kababgi delicious dips with bread, grilled meats yumsky doodle then the Fish restaurant so tasty and the Italian great choices lovely food. At this stage I must apologise to the diners who were there on our last night Wed 9th July there were 8 of us and we were rather loud, but we had such a fabulous night!! Sorry to those who may not have appreciated our joviality.
At every level the staff are so genuinely friendly, so efficient and just couldn't help enough. Note to management your Staff do you proud.
Without a doubt I would return, great location, close to airport, short journey to Naama bay, clean, welcoming, scrummy food perfect weather and what more would you need or want.

Room Tip: Rooms near to Relax pool for those without children or young family
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
18  Thank Jackie M

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for the wonderful review and for the kind words you have for the staff and yes, the Management Team is well aware how blessed we are with the excellent team of professionals we have working at all levels at the Blue Bay. We are proud of them all.

So many places to eat and so little time, but you found the places that were right for you. That’s the beauty of à la carte restaurants being part of the all-inclusive and I’m so pleased you enjoyed the food here.

This is indeed a great location as we have a beautiful coral reef just on our doorstep and the transfer time from the airport is next to nothing as is the time into town soi it’s a prime location and we are waiting here for your next visit so that we can help you “chill” once more.

Positives:

- Amazing staff. 99% of reviews compliment the staff and it's easy to see why. You'll find yourself saying 'thank you' sooo many times!

- Service in all restaurants is exceptional! Very quick at cleaning away plates, topping up drinks and attending to your needs.

- Food. Breakfast was my fav, lots of choice at lunch and dinner too. I don't know why there has been negative reviews about the food; what needed to be hot, was hot. When a specific food was running low, it would be replaced almost instantly. If there was a queue, it would move very quickly. So much choice like I said, I loved it.

- Pools. Excellent variety and all so big! There's the 'leisure pool' which is great for all ages with 3 slides (slow, medium, fast). There's the 'relax pool' (adults only) which is split on two levels (so it's pretty much two pools) both of which are a good 30+ metres in length - excellent for clocking up the lengths to burn off the yummy breakfast! Then there is the 'Infinity pool' which, again, is vast and provides amazing views over the Red sea.

- Wifi. If you have been reading through these reviews you may be worried about the wifi; don't be. Wifi, especially in and around reception, is excellent. Just as quick as wifi at home.

- The Fish. Yes, the fish. There are a lot of them and just like the staff, they're so friendly! You can get up close to all kinds of fish just by snorkelling along the reef on the beachfront of the resort. Cannot recommend this enough. You can hire snorkels, flippers, life jackets etc at the Reef Oasis Dive Club which is literally about 10 metres away from the jetty.

- Diving. My brother did two night dives, starting from around 7pm and lasted about 50 mins. Equipment and torch included in the price, which was around £90 (price may vary).

- The Thomson reps. We travelled with Thomson and the two reps at the hotel were both faultless. They have their own little section in the main reception and are around there quite a lot which is always a bonus.

- The Italian Restaurant. A true 'wine and dine' experience. Served by gentlemen. Food was delicious! Just book with the Guest Relations in reception, you won't regret it! The only downside perhaps is that none of the pizzas are included in the all inclusive package, so come at extra charge. Nevertheless the food was amazing! We ate here twice, but if I had found it earlier I think I would have eaten there every night!

Negatives:

- The diving was excellent but perhaps a little expensive.

- Smoking. This doesn't seem to bother a lot of people but when I'm relaxing by a pool, I don't really want to be inhaling second-hand smoke from the person next to me! There should be segregated smoking areas.

Tips:

- Breakfast is from 7am to 11am, lunch from 12 to 3pm and dinner from 7pm to 10/11pm.

- You can get snacks from around all the pools. The food on offer (snack wise) does differ between pools so be sure to find your fav! I also recommend snacks from the Caribbean bar, the grilled ham and cheese sandwich was delicious!

- Book A La Carte!! The French restaurant costs £31 each, however all the other A La Carte restaurants are included in the all inclusive package, so have a look at the menu's on offer and book. Highly recommend the Italian A La Carte.

- Ask reception how to connect to wifi. They give you a login which is usually your room number and then a password (which is actually your passport number)

- To get water you collect free vouchers from reception and then take them to the shop, where you can get up to 6 waters (or cokes) per voucher. The number of vouchers you can get is unlimited. When looking at the shops from reception, it is the last shop on the right.

- If you can, wake up and walk around the hotel at 6am! It's quiet, peaceful and the reflections in the pools are awesome!

- Pools officially open at 9am, but I did see people in the pools around 7:40am so I think the staff are quite lenient with these times :) The pools close at sunset (around 6:30 - 7pm).

- If you like taking pictures, walk up to the top of the slides at the leisure pool; you get a great bird's eye view of the pool and surrounding resort. A general tip for taking pictures is to try and get as high as you can then look down and snap away!

- I highly recommend the Red Sea Cruise (offered by Thomson). It costs less than the VIP cruise and is very very similar! It involves a 10 minute drive to a snorkelling shop (to hire equipment) and then a few more minutes to the harbour where the cruise starts! Pick up was 8:30am from the hotel and we were dropped back at 4pm. The cruise stops at 3 places for snorkelling. Lunch was supplied (and was delicious)!

All in all an amazing one week stay at ROBB :)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank adam45a
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Adam,

Your comprehensive and detailed review is so useful and full of tips for our future guests and we really appreciate you taking the time to think of us and them and write this review. It tells the story of a very successful holiday and that is the main thing that interests us as we read all the reviews and digest all the feedback.

We will take a serious look at your suggestion to have a separate section around the pool for smokers and non-smokers but we do not make rash decisions so it will require some debate. We will also pass your comments on to the Dive Centre so that they can also take a close look at their pricing structure to see if it needs any adjustment. Thank you for these constructive criticisms.

I’m so pleased to read your final sentence that you had an amazing week here with us, so I do hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was our second visit to the ROBB, something we never do but we enjoyed it so much first time round we couldn't decide where else to go so decided to go back and wasn't disappointed. We travelled with 2 young children and stayed in a family room. The family room is a big plus for us as it gives you plenty of space and separate sleeping areas as well as two bathrooms. Cleaned daily and always stocked up well with bottled water.

We always found the food in both Buffett restaurants and a la carte enjoyable and never went hungry. Particularly enjoyed the BBQ outside the bay view on a evening.

Pools are great and spent most time round the infinity or leisure pool so the kids could enjoy the slides. The relax pool looks beautiful but as this is rightly so for adults only we never spent any time there. Not a lot of time at the beach other than the trips to see the coral and fish off the jetty. There is a kids club which mine did go to occasionally, it is a fairly relaxed club where the kids can come and go as pleased so I would not be far away from the entrance so the children could always come and find us.

The staff are so welcoming and friendly at this hotel so do make the effort to speak to them , nothing is too much trouble but if you have a concern or need something you need to ask , my son wanted a banana sandwich one lunch time, bananas are not put out at lunch only breakfast , I asked for a banana and within minutes a plate of bananas were bought to the table and one happy son.

Evening entertainment is low key but that suits us as a family, there is a kids disco, movie night with pop corn , singers and artists by the bar.

Loved the new little extras added since our last visit, iced cold flannels round the pool, sunglasses cleaned and the movie nights and really hope the hotel continue to think of little extras to make you feel special.

All in all we had a great family holiday and considering booking
for another visit next year.

• Stayed: May 2014
32  Thank michelle.stanley5

Dear Michelle,

It’s always great to read about people who “never go back to the same place twice” and it turns out that the Blue Bay is the hotel that changes their mind. It sends such a positive signal out to potential future guests and also gives the staff a huge boost and a pat on the back. So we thank you for this lovely review.

We very often find that if children are happy the parents are happy, so we do have a few nice little extras to keep them entertained. And I’m glad you like the new little extras for the adults too – we’re always trying to think of new ways to give that little bit more.

So perhaps we will see you for a third time. We all look forward to welcoming you back to your home from home.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Once again I could fault nothing at this wonderful resort. The staff take great pride in looking after all the guests and stop at nothing to offer great service and make your stay very special. The hotel offers everything that a family, couple, or a single traveller can wish for which is a unique in my experience and makes for a great holiday - whether it be active water sports, romance, family activities, pampering in the spa, privacy or late night cocktails and dancing! The many food options and quality are excellent, rooms are extremely comfortable and very clean. I cannot fault this hotel at all and look forward to returning once again soon

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank SarahCollings

Dear Sarah,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and of course we are delighted that you enjoyed your seventh holiday with us.

In order to maintain our position in the top flight of hotels in Sharm we have to offer the best service, facilities and food and we have to do it consistently and I am proud to say that the team of professionals that I lead delivers time and time again and that is why we have such a large percentage of highly valued repeat guests.

Your review serves as an excellent recommendation to the other readers on this forum and for that we are very grateful and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon for your eighth visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My partner and I have stayed here twice with 2 years between visits but it is like going home !! ..

We were very surprised that on our second visit so many of the staff remembered us and by the end of the 2nd day we felt like we had never been away !!

There are too many staff to mention as they all do a great job ... long hours to look after us all often with little thanks !!

Management do look after them well though as well as the guests. Will be back soon and are so looking forward to a nice chilled relaxing week !!

See you soon :-D

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Colin T

Dear Colin,

It’s always nice to see our guests returning – the staff see it as a stamp of approval and get a real boost from knowing that what they do is worth returning for.

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review as it’s important for us to get the feedback and let the staff know that our guests had a fabulous, relaxing holiday – so good that they are planning to come back again. So we look forward to hosting you for the third time in the not-too-distant future for yet another “brilliant” holiday.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

There is only one thing to be said about this hotel and staff.

Perfect in every way

The food is good

The staff are fantastic

The beach is awesome

To visit the French Restuarant you will have to pay £31.00 each.

I personally think it is very good value for what you get.

I will definetly return in the future.

P.S Tip the staff they deserve it

Room Tip: we had a room on the second floor and it was fab
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Iain J

Dear Iain,

Thank you for the wonderful review "in a nutshell" and even though you say that the £31 you pay for the French restaurant is very good value, in fact in works out at less than £28 so it’s even better value.

It’s been a delight to host you and we look forward to the next visit.