“Just absolutely FABULOUS!”

Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Ranked #41 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Just absolutely FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have just returned from yet another fabulous relaxing week at the ROBB (this was my 3rd visit) and once again I just couldn't fault it! For what you pay to stay at this hotel it is just extremely good value for money. The staff just can not do enough for you. I will definitely be returning in the near future.
I find it hard to believe that people can write negative reviews about this hotel as I can not think of anything negative to say. The only negative of the holiday was that I got badly attacked by a mosquito, but that is hardly the hotels fault!!!!

So if you are looking a relaxing week away in the sun, then do hesitate to book the ROBB you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
17 Thank Sarahlou1972
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Sarahlou,

Many thanks for the wonderful recommendation and I’m so pleased you had a “fabulous” holiday with us yet again. The Blue Bay, with its magnificent views, is the perfect place to unwind from life’s stresses and relax for a week or two and I’m delighted that it works so well for you.

I do hope you recovered quickly from the mosquito attack – perhaps some “OFF” spray and a long-sleeved cardie during the sunset hours will help next time.

We look forward to pampering you again soon.

email: bluebay.gm@reefoasis.com.eg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,189)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Myself and my Partner have just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks at this hotel 18 June - 2July room 5109 and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone, in fact I already have.
On our arrival we were checked in quickly and efficiently by the friendly reception staff. We were take to our room by golf buggy. Our room was spacious extremely clean and well presented with plenty of storage space for all our belongings. I would describe the hotel as feeling like a village very picturesque with well maintained gardens.
We mainly stayed by the Relax Pool due to it being very close to our room, no other reason than that.
All of the staff are friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make sure you are happy with everything and cannot do enough for you.
Food in main restaurant is buffet style with plenty to choose from, they also have themed nights we particularly enjoyed the Indian, Asian and Mexican nights. The choice of breads was fantastic.
I'm quite a light eater at lunch time and find a large meal to heavy at that time of day, I spoke with the manager who asked me what I would like and he would get it for me, my request I hear you ask, simply some Cheese to go with my tomato, cucumber, onions, lettuce and bread.

We dined in the Italian 5 times during our stay and absolutely loved it and the food was delicious, which probably accounts for why I gained a few extra pounds. We didn't try the other restaurants, we just didn't get round to trying them but had heard good things about them from other guests.
I would highly recommend ROBB to anyone as I mentioned earlier I already have. Please DO NOT believe any of the negative comments because what they describe is not the the same Hotel we stayed in. While we stayed at ROBB we found that so many people love the ROBB so much they return over and over again which to me speaks volumes.
Looking forward to returning in the future.

18 Thank 648JohnK
Dear John,

I am delighted that you both had such a fantastic time at the ROBB and I thank you for all the nice comments you have shared with the other readers on this forum – it is so important for us that our potential guests hear first-hand, independent information from previous guests as it is usually far more credible than any other sources.

The staff will be happy to know that they can look forward to welcoming another repeat guest in the future and Chef will be happy with your comments about the food too.

Thank you for the wonderful review and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Redcar, United Kingdom

Stayed here in March -

Spotlessly clean hotel, with friendly staff
Rooms spacious & cleaned daily
Lovely hotel grounds & communal areas
Food was nice, some evening there was a lack of choice/repetitive but all-in-all for AI was good.
Nice bar areas, particularly liked the rooftop bar
Lovely beach area

Would definitely recommend for a high quality stay in Sharm

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
14 Thank TINA C
Dear Tina,

Thank you so much for this lovely, short-but-sweet review and I’m so pleased you had a wonderful time with us.

All the management and staff work tirelessly to ensure that the hotel and the grounds are in tip-top condition and clean as a new pin and Chef puts a lot of effort and passion into his menus which change on a regular basis so you’ll find a lot of new things on the buffet each day. Perhaps not all of them will be to your taste but we cater for several nationalities so we have a good variety of dishes.

I’m delighted you also liked the view from the rooftop bar and hope you will come back again for another “high quality stay in Sharm”.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We went for a week at the end of June for our honeymoon. The service was fantastic, the staff are so nice and friendly. Nothing is to much bother. We had an executive room on the ground floor that was lovely. Everything is perfect accept the evening entertainment. This is the only criticism and suggestion for improvement. Can't wait to go back again

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
12 Thank endavidge
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Blue Bay for the momentous occasion of your honeymoon and please accept our congratulations and wishes for a long and happy life together.

We are so pleased that you had a “fantastic” stay with us as this is obviously a memorable time for you and you will want to treasure these memories, so we thank you for taking the time to write this review even though I’m sure you have a thousand things to do as you start your new life together.

I am delighted that you were well looked after and enjoyed the service and your room. We try to do our best. I will pass your suggestion on to the Entertainment Manager for his attention and no doubt we shall discuss what we can do in the next meeting. Thank you – we appreciate your feedback.

Perhaps we will see you back here for your first anniversary? We hope so.

Padiham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited in June for 10 days for our first visit to Egypt and have both agreed that we would love to go back. We were upgraded to a superior room on arrival, then directed to the bar for a drink and some snacks. Made to feel welcome from the minute we arrived. Food was excellent, the Italian being our favourite. Any issues we had during our stay were resolved instantly. My boyfriend was even lent some staff trousers to wear so that we could try the a la carte restaurants as he had only packed shorts!
Thomson reps were fab during our stay, especially Danielle.
On one occasion we had to call out the doctor and my boyfriend was put on a drip, but I was overwhelmed with how the night manager personally came to check on him, as well as catching up with us the day after to see how he was. Also a big thanks to Angie the front desk manager for ringing in the morning to offer breakfast to be brought to our room if he wasn't feeling up to getting out of bed.
Clean, welcoming and the staff don't expect to be tipped which we have found in many other hotels. Can't fault the place! Visited Soho square which was fab - no hassle from the shopkeepers at all. I visited the spa which was extremely relaxing and similar priced to back home. My partner went on a snorkelling trip with the hotel diving club and loved it, and Mustafa came and spoke to us by the pool almost every day which was very good of him. The photographers around the resort were very friendly too on a personal level. The shops in the resort sell little souvenirs and handbags etc. if you prefer not to venture out.
Big thankyou to Shehab the general manager for arranging a meeting with us to sort out an incident which occured almost instantly - very professional.
Can't wait to return and see Ismail (TOASTIE) and Mohammed in the bars who kept my pina coladas topped up daily.
We loved the touch of the men who held the main doors open to the lobby every day who never failed to put a smile on our faces. Khaled the food and beverage manager was also a pleasure to meet.
Thankyou to all the staff for such a fab holiday and we will see you all very soon!!!!

Room Tip: Doesn't matter where your room is as the shuttle bus takes you around the whole resort every 10...
14 Thank JodieMurton
Dear Jodie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review highlighting the service and facilities of the Blue Bay and I’m delighted that you had such a wonderful time that you want to come back.

Check-in is such an important time after a long journey and we know that you just want to start your holiday straight away so we take the strain away as soon as you get here and I’m so pleased you felt so instantly welcome. It’s what we do.

I do hope your partner made a swift and complete recovery from whatever ailed him and was able to enjoy the rest of his holiday - it seems like that is the case as you mention that he went snorkeling on our amazing coral reef.

We’ll let the staff know that you sent your best wishes and we are all glad you had a “fab holiday” and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Just got back from our 6th Visit. The hotel has improved so much since last visit October 2013. The thing that has improved is the entertainment. The beach party on Friday was good, the singer had good voice. I enjoyed the singer sundays at the relax pool. There was another singer by the pub and music there most nights. a Kenyian Acrobat team was brilliant to watch at the Arena Bar.
Once again the food was brilliant. Many thanks to our waiter Ayman in Bay View, Reda in Italian and all the guys at Kebegi. There was not so much choice as last time in Bay View but food was very good.
Special thanks to Little Mo at relax pool. Great service he provides.
Also special thanks to Ayman, Beverage Manager, he came round checking everything was Ok and looked after us well.
The little extra that are new are, cold water spray, cold towels and sun glasses cleaning at relax pool.

Will be back

15 Thank wilma2Dorset
Dear Wilma,

Thank you so much for the lovely review and I am so pleased that you noticed some improvements since your last visit. We do listen to what our valued guests have to say and respond and assess how we can improve their overall experience. Of course we can’t move mountains but very often it is the small things that make a huge difference and we focus on these too.

We shall pass your kind comments on to the staff you mentioned and I’m sure they would want to join me in thanking you for choosing the Blue Bay again and looking forward to the next time.

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

7th time in Sharm El Sheikh.
Hotel looks great from the moment you enter the resort, staff on arrival helpful with bags and reception staff check us in so swiftly we think we missed it. No tags on our wrists surprises us but a great idea to have everyone on all inclusive, so much less complicated for everyone we assume.
Room clean and spacious, bathroom great, shower massive! Good amount of storage, safe, and all the usual fridge, kettle, tea/coffee etc. Bed and pillows fabulously comfy, slept well.
Bus available to take you from your room to reception but we didn't use it. Nice touch though as resort is large/well spread out.
Food in all areas was good, nice selection different choices each night, couldn't fault anything we ate. Drinks were bought to the table and waiters were first class very attentive, friendly and all took effort to chat and ask us if we were having a nice time or if we needed anything.
Pools appeared good but we didn't use. Spent all days on beach which was lovely in the heat as there was a nice cooling breeze. Waiter service on beach was a good indicator that the management team wanted their guests to relax and were consistently excellent every day without fail. Nothing was too much trouble and all of the beach team were very friendly and helpful. One of the beach crew noticed I had mosquito bites on my leg (unusual having never been bitten in Sharm before) and enquired when I had been bitten. When I told him it was since my arrival and probably in our room, without being asked he made a call and organised for our room to be sprayed and I had no further problems. Most impressed!
There is no real waterfront to the beach so to speak of just pockets of man made sections into the water. The man made beach sits on the hotel side of a coral reef so there is a small amount of room for paddling on the hotel side only but unlimited swimming snorkelling opportunities on the sea side albeit on a sloping wall probably about 10-20m deep. The hotel side of the reef was brilliant for children as water was shallow and safe and the reef was roped off. Disappointing that so many (adult) tourists seemed unable to comprehend that swimming on the reef section was not permitted to limit damage to the reef and associated injuries. We did witness several people being asked to move off the reef by the beach crew on more than one occasion which suggested they really didn't care about their actions. Not sure how hotel could manage this better, most people got it & not sure it's that difficult to read a sign and follow an instruction.
Beach reps selling trips we had been told were now not permitted due to safety issues within the country, such as desert trips outside the Sharm perimeter were frustrating. The hotel should take action here so that this doesn't happen or at least ensure that those taking these trips are fully exposed to the potential risks and the fact that they are probably invalidating their travel insurance. This clearly wasn't happening and we saw people being told "not to tell Thomson" one questions why would they say that if the trips were above board and safe?
That aside we had a great, relaxing and fun week. Would definitely recommend. About 10 mins from town by shuttle bus provided by hotel, 15 mins from airport.

Room Tip: 2000 rooms good, close enough to hotel but quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

13 Thank whitedl
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

We feel that check-in is a very important time as it is the first contact between guest and hotel and we want it to be quick, easy and efficient (along with friendly and welcoming, of course).

Then it’s good to know that the room went down well and the food was varied and interesting. We do get some mosquitoes in Sharm sometimes and during these periods it is wise to cover up arms and legs around sunset and use one of the popular sprays on exposed parts. We’ll be happy to spray your room if requested. The entire resort is also fumigated on a daily basis as well.

Down by the sea there are three main areas where you have paddling access to the sea and you can lounge in the shallows and cool off. The jetty stretches out across the coral and it’s at the end where you can drop into the clear blue waters of the Red Sea in to the magical world of the coral reef and enjoy the spectacle of the widest diversity of marine life on the planet. Recreation staff are always on hand to help and advise and to protect the coral.

The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) issues and updates their Egypt Travel Advice on a regular basis and at the time of writing there are some restrictions on travel outside the Sharm area which affect some of the excursions. The major tour operators including Thompsons will respect these guidelines and recommend that you do not go outside Sharm. However, local agencies will offer you these excursions and you should be aware that this would probably invalidate your travel insurance should something happen. Please take advice from Thompsons and the regular updates from the FCO on www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt.

Thank you for taking the time to write this comprehensive review and we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.