6,386 results
All reviewsleisure poolal denteinfinity poolcaribbean barbay view restaurantfishermans restaurantle romantiquetuf tufmain restaurantitalian restaurantanimation teamspecial thanksfantastic holidaydive centrenaama baywater slideschicken
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Has taken me a little while to write a review, but we had a great time at the Reef Oasis the only thing I felt that let it down was the food. It was either not very nice or cold and I just felt it could have been better for a five star hotel!

The weather was brilliant, the animation team were really fun! Mr and Mrs Hooligan we were called by Luca! The rooms were amazing, spotless and really big. Me and my boyfriend had a huge bed each, the shower was big too.

We went quad biking which was really fun, quite hot in nearly 40 degree heat but was really nice, we went to a blue lagoon during the trip which was lovely to cool off and have a swim.

The slide pool at the hotel was lovely and the one overlooking the sea was amazing, the jacuzzi's were a bit cold but really nice. Have quite a few clear pictures of the fishes, the snorkelling was great (except i would suggest either bringing your own masks or buying them somewhere else as we brought them in the hotel and had to pay £50 for two!!). We had massages and went in the hydro spa which were once again amazing!

The service was sometimes pretty poor but if you tend to sit in the same place the waiter will remember you and you'll get great service! We sat outside in the buffet resturant one night and my boyfriend had to ask for a drink about four times! We had always sat inside before. We went to the Italian one night which to be honest was not good at all, some of the things on the menu you had to pay for which is ridiculous in an all inclusive hotel, and there wasn't much choice, no pizza or garlic bread which normally you expect italians to have. The pool bbq wasn't fab either, the meat was really chewy and just not nice at all.

We decided to go into Naama Bay on our last night, I had heard a mixture of things about it but wasn't really sure what to expect. First off the hotel charges double the price for taxi's so we thought we would go to the security gate and see if we could haggle a price, we had been told not to pay anymore than 30-35 egyptian pounds each way, there were two taxi's there dropping people off and the security guard told us to get in one which was to do with the hotel, I was haggling saying 30 EP and he said 35 EP but this other guy from the other taxi was trying to get my boyfriend to go with him saying he would do it for 30 and was getting quite aggressive and angry!

We got into the taxi the security guard told us to but was a bit shocked about the way the other guy was. Anyway when we got there we were greeted by somebody else who knew the taxi driver, we was taken to his brothers shop which I didn't really feel comfortable with, I kept telling him no but he wasn't having any of it.

Walking down Naama Bay was a bit of a nightmare, we went in a few shops but knew exactly what we was after but they all try and hassle you to get you into their shops etc. We were pretty exhausted after two hours there but was an experience not sure I would go again though!

But overall we had a brilliant holiday, the hotel is lovely and the weather was amazing.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank KylieHertfordshire
Reviewed October 12, 2008

How funny, Mr Seaman,, water volley was the greatest. this was the second time i stayed at the hotel and it had definately got better. the only downside was that in the main resturant i counldnt get a drink for love nor money!! other then that it was such a great great holiday. the annimation team weree excellent although i know that LUCA and RICKy have now left they did make my holiday really good. another couple of people of note were Cristiano and michael caine (Mohammed and Ayed) carribean bar staff. again all f the annimation team and especially LENA, you know you made my holiday, strechy strechy, up and down up and down!! thank you guys.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank rob_thomson
Reviewed October 11, 2008

We visited this resort for a week starting on 28th Sept with Thomson.

The rooms were good, nice furnishing, slightly on the smaller side. Huge shower but water temp a bit on the cool side. We had requested a room on the first floor near the relax pool and that is exactly what we got. It was about a 5 minute walk to the main restaurant/reception area - some of the furthest rooms would be a 10/15 minute stroll as its a big complex.

There are numerous pools, all are a little on the chilly side but not the worst. The relax adult pool is huge and although the majority of the loungers were taken by the time we got up at 10am we always managed to find two in the shade every day. Ther infintity pool and the pool next to it are nice but not as relaxing because the animation team come round trying to get you to do aqua aerobics etc. We never used the family pool with slides.

The beach is outstanding, a really big area with lots and lots of loungers - we'd always go down around 3pm and had no issue finding sun beds in the shade. The snorkelling is the best I have seen and we've visited the GBR in Australia! The sea was much warmer than the pools, We'd taken our own masks but the shops on site sell them.

The food! On a whole we were impressed. The main buffet restaurant has lots of choice for both breakfast and dinner, I honestly don't believe a reasonable person couldn't be enticed by at least one or two dishes. There are chefs cooking in front of you so you can ask them to tailor stuff to you if you need. The service here was fine.

We ate in the Italian once and unfortunatley the service was appaling but the food was good considering the majority of dishes were no extra cost. On the way out the manager apologised because they were a number of staff down.

We ate at the pool side BBQ one night. Can hardly see what you're eating but the atmosphere was really nice and the service excellent. Food was fine.

Beach buffet lunch restaurant - We really enjoyed this. Yes its a shame it is a bit sticky as it is not air conditioned but it is by no means unbearable. The food is good and a nice salad bar too. Service here was always good.

Drinks & Snacks. There are a list of cocktails both alcoholic and non alcoholic that are on the AI also a list of sandwiches and cakes that are available all the time.

Bars - we found the service in the reception bar and the Bistro bar pretty inconsistent. One time you wouldn't have even sat down before a waiter taking your order, other times we sat for 30 mins waiting for our drinks to appear. It really let the hotel down.

Bazaar Cafe - we liked the traditional teas that we got here and the man who ran it was lovely. Great atmosphere in the late evening.

I had a bit of egyptian belly, as soon as it started we got tablets from the pharmacy that killed it off in about 4 hours. Don't use UK medicines and don't waste time thinking it will go away. Catch it early with the proper stuff and it won't ruin your break at all. I was up and about in the afternoon snorkelling.

All in all we loved this resort - didn't leave the hotel all week. It was true rest and relaxation and we would not hesistate to stay here again.

Enjoy your stay - wish we were back here!!

7  Thank anna68
Reviewed October 10, 2008

LUCA you know who this is!!
I dont normally write reviews of places we have been to but felt this time i had to.I would just like to thank all the hotel staff for making our stay so pleasant.Also a big thank you to ALL the animation team who work so hard all day and into the early hours.A special thank you to Luca and Martina who we spent most days with at the leisure pool.By the way my name is not Mr Seaman its just what Luca called me from day one and just stuck with me as everybody around the hotel of all nationalitys called me when they seen me(all good fun).
The hotel grounds and rooms were maintained to a high standard.
in our opinion all the staff were friendly and could not do enough for you.We dont normally go back to the same hotels but would return here without doubt.
Once again many thanks to the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Hotel for a great time.

2  Thank MrSeamen
Reviewed October 7, 2008

just a short message to say thanks to best animation team of this world!
MR.RICKY, MASHA, LUCA, LILIYA, AYGUL, MICHAEL, VALLY AND THE OTHER ANIMATORS we miss you so much! we came back here in cold Russia but we keep watching your pictures and video every day.
our holiday was unforgettable thanks to you! Big hallo to all english and italian people playing olympic games with us!
This hotel is super we want come back again!
SPASIBO BOLSHOE! MOLTO GRAZIE! THANK YOU!
bye bye