Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Crowne Plaza(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Fitness center
  • Spa
Sharm Plaza Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Sharm Resort Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Domina Coral Bay Oasis(Sharm El Sheikh)
6,262 results
All reviewsleisure poolal denteinfinity poolcaribbean barbay view restaurantarena barfishermans restaurantle romantiquetuf tufmain restaurantdeluxe roomitalian restaurantanimation teamgreat holidayduty managerspecial mentionspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This resort was recommended to me by a work colleague and as such, I took it on trust that it was “fabulous” well, that depends on your experiences and what you consider as fabulous. I have very mixed feelings regarding this resort ranging from the “very difficult to beat” to “could and must try harder”.
My wife and I travelled to the resort on 23 June for a two week holiday and due to the flight times, arrived late evening. We were shown to our room which was very clean and spacious however, because I have a mobility issue I requested a room nearer the main facilities. This was arranged that evening by the duty manager and we moved to an equally spacious room a “little” nearer to reception the following day.
That morning we rise early to explore our new temporary home only to find that the walk to the main facilities was still quite far but the worst part of it was the unavoidable area of quite sharp, raisedcobbles outside the reception area with no footpath provided around it.
The reception area is spacious, well appointed, has Wi-Fi and is air conditioned which makes it a very pleasant space. This is evident throughout the day when people are surfing the net or using social media on their various devices. There is a piano bar off the main reception which in my opinion, would be far better served as a Wi-Fi area.This would un-clutter the reception area and during my two weeks stay, the only person I saw in the piano bar (where all drinks must be paid for) was the pianist.
Through reception, there is a very pleasant terrace area off which is the Caribbean bar and the Pub. The Caribbean bar is clean and very quiet during the day. Later in the evening there is a Disco that music wise, caters for our continental friends more than guests from the UK. The Pub was only open for two days during our two week stay which was very disappointing.
The views from the end of the terrace, over the infinity pool, beach and reef are really quite stunning.
There are winding steps down to the infinity pool and restaurant level which for “less-abled” such as myself, wheelchair bound guests or families with children in prams or buggies are a nightmare as the only other way between the two levels is quite a distance, up-hill and over cobbles. Why on earth they didn’t put a lift between these floors defies logic (it would not be a huge undertaking to install an external prefabricated lift even now). I am sure the resort management will respond with “Guests can request a golf cart to take them around the resort” however, this is completely impractical due to availability, access, physical constraints etc.
There is a lack of toilet facilities for people using the infinity pool yet there are four lifts to take people to the Sea Breeze restaurant level and to the beach. Again, logic defying.
During our stay, both the Relax pool and Hydro pools were closed for a period and whilst “unexpected” issues can and do arise, it does not minimise the disappointment or inconvenience. Word quickly spread that if a complaint were to be made, room checkout extensions would be offered free of charge rather than the exorbitant fee of £40.00 and I think most people took advantage of this.
During my stay I observed several instances of people complaining at reception and whilst I can’t comment on the validity of the complaints, I did witness a complete change in attitude of the staff once a complaint was made. The staff went from being polite and helpful to being dismissive, unhelpful and in some instances downright rude.
The reps were helpful to a point but I felt they were more interested in selling overpriced (when you know what local people earn) excursions than genuine customer care. This is an observation and not a complaint toward any individual as I have seen this on most other holidays I have taken so I assume it’s in the training manual.
One trip we booked, we were put on the wrong transport due in my opinion to the guide knowing one of the Managers and them being more interested in self-praise and reminiscing than actually doing their job and looking after us. The guide even read my receipt which clearly stated which trip we were booked on to and it was only when we were five minutes from our destination when he said we would be split into groups for “Dune Buggies” or “Quad Bikes” that I became more than a little suspicious! All ended well though after a few frantic phone calls and a high speed journey to the checkpoint where our coach was waiting for us so, happy days.
In the resort, beware buying anything that has to be imported! We dined in the (what I would describe as mediocre) Fish restaurant and I foolishly didn’t take my reading glasses so ordered a bottle of Chardonnay to accompany our meal. When I checked out at the end of our holiday and settled my bill (All inclusive???), I was hit with a charge of £52.00 for this £7.00 bottle of wine. My own foolish fault but ouch!!!
The Italian restaurant on the other hand, was a very pleasant dining experience and on our second visit I had no issue with paying £22.50 each for two very good and very well prepared fillet steaks as we would pay this and more in a restaurant at home.
The entertainment at this resort is nothing short of shameful. Whoever thinks that having a bunch of people sitting on a stage in a mock Doctor’s surgery sticking their arms in a cardboard box to supposedly take on someone else’s afflictions or spitting water over each other is funny or having a grown man dressed up in a baby’s outfit bouncing around on a Space Hopper making stupid baby noises is funny, certainly has issues but not as big as the issues of the people who actually pay them to do it!! I will say though that this same Animation team must have worked very hard to put together the Michael Jackson show, I know it’s a backing tape but it was quite entertaining.
By far the worst thing about this holiday was the diarrhoea. We arrived on the Sunday and my wife became ill on the Tuesday afternoon during this time, we had not left the resort. A trip to the Pharmacy left me £12.00 lighter but medicine was needed. Later that night, I was struck down with the same condition and was completely room-bound for twelve hours. More tablets were bought at £12.00 a set (£48.00 in total) and we have both still got the symptoms but not as bad (I have been to my GP and will get a “sample” tested). We met at least eight couples who said that either one or both had suffered the same symptoms. I mentioned this to a senior Manager at the resort and he told me that they had a similar thing three years ago but everything at the resort had been tested and nothing amiss had been found.
The resort is starting to look a little “tired” in places and is in need of some TLC however, there are pluses.
The buffet meals are extremely well prepared, presented with panache and there is a great deal of choice. The best thing though, the staff are wonderful. The Chefs really take a pride in their work, take time out to speak to guests and provide mass catering with a great deal of variety and quality. The “waiting on” staff cannot be faulted, they are vigilant, diligent, funny, very clever at remembering guests, appear to enjoy their work a great deal and add to the dining experience. During every meal without exception I was made to feel very welcome, special and felt that I had made genuine friends.
The “pool guys” at the infinity pool put the Animation team to shame when it comes to entertainment. These guys and in particular Ibrahim (Geordie Sanchez), make a lot of guests very happy indeed. This made for a very pleasant time around the infinity pool.
The burning questions:-
Would we go back to Sharm el Sheikh? Most probably.
Would we go back to this resort? Quite possibly but that would be down solely to the staff that made our holiday enjoyable.

2  Thank RED_WOODS_13
angie h, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guests,

We have taken on board all your comments and we will inform all departments, we do however feel 3star rating was a little low but I suppose everyone's expectations are always different.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide a lift from the main stairs down to the restaurants as we have many ramps leading to all amenities yes we provide a club car to the entrance to all restaurants and have the access beneath the shopping centre to avoid the cobble road at the entrance of Reception. Unfortunately an oasis advertised 696 rooms is going to be a big complex I would assume.

All of the Management have read your review and we thank you for the amount of time taken to express your views of your recent visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 2 heavenly weeks at the ROBB - our 3rd stay in 4 years and we weren't disappointed. I will try and categorise a few issues that other people are raising
Flights - we had a new / reconditioned plane, which improved comfort 100%
Food - I am picky and yet managed every day to find adequate food. The Asian nights were a highlight. Better than any Chinese here in the uk. Loads of bread. Loads of fresh fruit.
Le romantique ( additional €35 ) stunning food and service. The best meal we have had for years and well worth the extra money.
The closure of the adult pool for maintenance - I was completely gutted :( not only because my husband works 60 hours a week with children and needs a break, but I had arranged our room around my medical needs and was completely panicked that I wasn't going to cope.
"Geordie " at the infinity pool was amazing. A total tonic. He entertained us and looked after us for the 5 day closure. I will admit it was incredibly hard for me being that bit further away from our room.
Entertainment - please we want more !!!! The hotel has a talented animation group. Utilise their talents please.
The royal tent. Wonderful but please would the ROBB consider providing a little more privacy around the " tents "
In conclusion the staff and wonderful and hardworking. They make the hotel what it is.
We will be back next year for our 4th visit. ( barring civil war :( )

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kiddycare
angie h, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for visiting us for the 3rd time and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay just as much as your previous ones, We apologise we closed the Relax Pool due to maintenance but also happy ibrahim looked after you from our Recreation Team. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and we are glad you enjoyed the Restaurants especially the Asian Night and the Le Romantique.

We will certainly pass your comments on and we are looking forward to seeing you again next year for your 4th stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel & grounds are exceptionally clean & well maintained and the relax pool is one of the nicest pools I've ever been to. The Spa & gym area is beautiful & the treatments are excellent. There is a lot of choice at the buffet, perhaps just not always what we wanted to eat - there was quite a lot of turkey (not chicken) and stodgy stews. On the whole though the food was good. I think it's inevitable to get a dodgy stomach with the change in temperate etc.

With only a few exceptions, we found the staff to be very pleasant but at times the service could've been improved. We had to continually ask for drinks in the buffet restaurant & wait for quite a while for them to arrive.

Unfortunately I believe the hotel is lacking in ambience in some areas & there could be a lot of improvements made which would make the hotel worthy of 5 stars. The quality of the drinks is extremely poor & was very disappointing. The juices used in the cocktails was dreadful - very watered down. The Italian is excellent but the seafood restaurant lacked imagination - the same soup & salads are served every night & there is only a small amount of fish available within the all inclusive option. Don't bother with The Kebagi - starter was very good but the main was awful. It must've been microwaved about 30 times before serving.

As the previous reviewer mentioned - to be expected to pay for bottled water is beyond ridiculous - especially as you are provided with 2 a day in your room! This can only amount to greed on the hotels part. Freshly squeezed juice at breakfast is also chargeable! Given the amount of money our party of 4 paid for this holiday, I find additional charges unacceptable.

If you're not paying a 5* price then you'll probably enjoy it, our expectations were a little higher.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Clayre8077

Dear Guests,

You are right we do charge for bottled water which are purchased in our bars, but we also give unlimited vouchers to collect bottled water from our beverage shop located opposite our Reception in our shopping area as well as unlimited cans of soft drinks, plus one large bottle daily instead your room so you can say your never out of water, most definitely Not greed as you mentioned on the Hotels part.

I would also like to inform you the juices we. Use such as orange, guava, apple, mango, pineapple are from cartons not machine so we are unable to wat them down as we pour them directly in the cocktails when the guests are present.

We are sorry you did not manage to find something suitable to adapt to your taste buds inside our Restaurants and nothing was to your taste unfortunately I am unaware what other food we can suggest to our Executive Chef as an alternative but we apologise you were disappointed.

We are pleased overall you enjoyed the surroundings And the cleanliness,

Kind Regards.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We strayed at ROBB between 15th-30th June. Arrived late on the Sunday night and was immediately impressed with the hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful from the minute we arrived.
The Thomson reps, Rose and Sayed were brilliant and the welcome meeting was very helpful to explain what to do about excursions, dodgy stomachs etc. Both of the reps were obviously very passionate about the job and very caring and helpful.

Our room was a superior double, which was stunning. A big thank you to Hamdy for keeping our room clean and also for going out of his way to get us some robes.
We found the food to be fantastic in the buffet restaurant. I am a fussy eater but always managed to find plenty of meals that I enjoyed, so much so I put on almost a stone in weight. The staff in the buffet restaurant were great and very helpful.
We ate in the Italian and fishermans restaurant severals times each. These were SPECTACULAR! The food was brilliant, definitely of a 5star standard. The waiters ensured our glasses were never empty, and the overall experience of these restaurants was amazing.

The bar staff throughout the whole complex were very friendly and provided service. A big special thank you to Mohammed in the Carribean Bar for making our holiday that little bit better, especially with his attempt at a Scottish accent any time he talked to us. He also always ensured we had snacks on our table any time we were drinking in this bar.

The entertainment was incredible. The animation team worked so hard and always put on a great show every night. The premier of the Michael Jackson night blew us away, we really feel these guys and girls made our trip and we looked forward to going to see them every night.

Girlfriend had a dodgy stomach but the pharmacist was brilliant and sorted her out. Word of advice, if the first lot of pills he gives don't seem to work, go back and he'll give an antibiotic which worked a treat.

We went on the ultimate desert experience......Fantastic! Would recommend it to anyone.

Can't wait to get booked up to this hotel again next year. Again a big thank you to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

1  Thank Darren B
AngieHolmes, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Darren,

Thank you for your great feedback and delighted that you had such a brilliant time here at the ROBB. It's good to see how much of an impact the staff had on your enjoyment of your holiday and we will definatly let them know of your kind words.

Looking forward to seeing you again next year...

Management

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just got back from a week in the ROBB, and we had a fabulous holiday!!
The pools and beaches were very relaxing, not very busy and had stunning views over the sea. The Coral Reef was amazing to snorkel on and the infinity Jacuzzi by the beach was a lovely place to sit and relax in.

We paid for the room upgrade to deluxe, I would recommend this- bigger room, free washing done and breakfast at the Fisherman's.

Breakfast was lovely, the egg bar was a particular hi-light. Buffet lunch was ok, lots of choice to suit all. Dinners were really good, the A-la-carte restaurants were delicious, especially Kebabish and Al Dente.

Thank you to all the staff for a lovely visit.

Room Tip: Pay for a deluxe.

Dear Victoria,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your stay with us at ROBB. We are glad you had a lovely holiday and appreciate your 5 * rating. its great to see you took advantage of our fantastic reef and enjoyed dining in our numerous restaurants. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Management