“Round 2 - Fantastic”

Ranked #47 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Round 2 - Fantastic”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visited the ROBB again from 4-11 April, and cannot fault a thing. It was great to be back and like the last reviewer said, it is great to hear so many guests returning. We were recognised by some ladies who were there on our visit last February half term! Was expecting it to be a bit of a different story with Easter Holidays in full swing, but can honestly say, the staff did a fantastic job, and worked very, very hard. My 12 year old son enjoyed parasailing and the water sofa, other than that we all just did nothing but sit round the infinity pool all day!! (just as we wanted it).

The food you could not criticise, always so much choice and we loved to eat at the Bay View, just perfect for two children. It was great to see my son eat loads!

Fascinating at the airport to see all the Thomson flights sitting on the runway, this is done to a fine art, all flying back to the UK!

A huge thanks to all the staff, especially to Hamdy at the infinity pool. Cannot wait to return next Easter.

Room Tip: We paid for family room - ideal as separate room for kids.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
angie h, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Claire,

We would like to Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back and for writing a review for your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your holiday and hope you continue to return again in the future.

Kind Regards
Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Overall this was a fantastic hotel. We visited with our sons aged 12 and 14, so the larger size of the place appealed to us. We requested a room near reception via email a couple of weeks before departure. The hotel responded and we couldn't have been any closer. Having walked around the resort, I would say all the rooms have benefits. The ones further back tend to look over lovely gardens. It's only 200yds further from where we were, so I honestly wouldn't worry about room location

Family room was 2 large rooms with 2 bathrooms,2 tvs 2 fridges, providing privacy for us all. All gardens and pool areas and restaurants were immaculate. Even the beach toilets were what you would expect in a top restaurant.

Reception was very efficient, but sometimes there would be 1 person behind the desk when there was a queue whilst 3 managers just stood there instead of helping out. There are machines which change English notes into Egyptian at a good exchange rate. I did have a problem on one occasion but reported this to reception and they returned the money after the bank checked the machine the following day. I then did see people filming themselves changing money, so perhaps this does happen occasionally.

Pools were great. Didn't find the unheated ones cold at all once you were in. Waterslides were great for the kids. It was nice to spend the days alternating between pools and the beach. Only complaint is the constant problem of sunbed hogging! Towels covering the best sunbeds from sunrise but then nobody on them for most of the day. There is no towel card system at this hotel. This means that you could reserve beds at all 3 pools and the beach if you wanted, which I'm sure is what some greedy people were doing. It was Easter when we were there, so the hotel was at high occupancy. There were always sunbeds on the beach whatever time you arrived. All the sunbeds have lovely cushioned mattresses and parasols.

Restaurants: I'm not a great fan of buffet style. I'd recommend queuing a few mins extra to get a table outside as it really is lovely sat outside overlooking the sea and pools. The food was very good. Something to please most people I would think. Fresh fruit and salads, seemed to follow a theme each evening although this wasn't advertised. There were chips pasta etc so the kids were happy. The waiters really work so hard. I believe that they work 12 hour days 7 days a week for 3 months and then have 2 weeks off. They were all really kind and friendly although extremely busy. Once they knew you they remembered your drinks and kept you topped up. They really appreciate a small tip and never make you feel uncomfortable about tipping.
Really loved the Kebabgi especially, and the Italian.

I don't however understand the extra charges?? We paid all inclusive 'top end' for this resort. Cheap diluted cordial is not what I expect! To be expected to pay £2.50 extra per glass of freshly squeezed orange juice is a bit much. It was beautiful but if it were £1 perhaps we'd all be happy, or regular orange juice from a carton would suffice. Ice cream is not a luxury item and I do think that £2-£3 per item is excessive. Paid extra for a main course in the Italian 1 night and really didn't think that it was worth paying extra. However we hired a 'Royal Tent' on the beach and it was wonderful. Pre reserved the best sunbed without getting up at dawn. It included a chilled box containing wine, beers, soft drinks and a fresh fruit platter.

Overall 9/10. A beautifully located hotel,with direct access to a great coral reef. Caring friendly staff. I appreciate that perhaps some things may need an extra charge but if they were reasonable I would have paid for them.

Room Tip: West facing balcony overlooking gardens to watch the sun set. I wouldn't stress about being so c...
2 Thank msnicjac
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased your email regarding your room request was met and your family enjoyed your holiday. We have noted your comments about Reception unfortunately we do have some Managers at the Reception area who are sometimes not part of the Front Office Team who work in other departments and are unable to use the systems.

We are one of the only Hotels in Sharm who do not provide towel cards or wrist bands as we feel the guests are best to be treated as individuals not as a group and to feel more welcome and at home. We are aware some people try to reserve sunbeds so we have our Recreation Team constantly monitoring the pool and beach areas which can hopefully prevent this from happening. If we feel the guests have not returned for a long time we do remove them.

We are pleased to inform you we are serving now ice cream in our Restaurants during meal times for lunch and dinner but im afraid the Movenpick is extra as this is imported. We also serve carton Orange Juice, Mango, Apple,Pineapple and Guava in all our pool bars and the Pub and Caribbean Bar.

I hope this did not disappoint you and you will still return again.

Kind Regards
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We just got back today 1st 15th april 2013 and are serial visitors to this hotel. I've never put up a review before because with so many stunningly positive comments it's hard to say something new.
What sets this hotel apart, is that people like me (and my wife and son) go back so many times.And the people who are there for the first time go around saying, i never go anywhere twice, but i'm coming back here! This place more than any other has defined my sons childhood- we've been going there since he was seven and he's twelve now.When we look back it'll be here and the people we met here we'll remember. You can't buy that.

This repeat visitor ratio must be an industry record, especially for such a big complex.It's hard to talk to anyone who hasn't been there before.And with tough times in tourism, the management and staff have worked, and continue to work miracles to achieve this.To keep this up they do need to continue to invest, and the support of the people who make these decisions.People won't keep coming back just because the staff are friendly and super motivated by a passionate boss.They expect constant innovation and investment too.

We've already booked to go back and never seem to have the same holiday.Sometimes it's diving on the reef, others more al carteing and socialising. We try and do a bit of gym and 1200metre jogging circuit too.The staff are the stars of this place, and it's nice on a return visit when you see the've got promoted, or got married, or become a dad.Some characters always seem to be in trouble, and the really funny ones can have you in stitches.The more you go the better it gets.

4 Thank CliveLesley
AngieHolmes, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013

What a wonderful review.

Thank you for sharing all your comments. It's really nice to receive such nice words about our hard working staff I'm pleased they were a huge part of your holiday. We are glad each time you visit us your holiday gets better. We are aware of the areas we need to improve and are always looking for ways to improve our standards.
We look forward to your return to your second home hopefully again soon.

Best Regards
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 11 day stay at the ROBB-our first visit.It met our expectations in full.It is a large complex but caters for everyone and does not fall short on standards.The weather was superb,staff friendly and helpful (probably helped by generous tipping),plenty of food choice and spacious clean rooms.Would certainly go back if only to enjoy the shannanigans of bar boys big Mo and little Mo and Ibrahim (aka Geordie)at the relax pool.Our only criticism was that some of the spirit drinks were indifferent in taste and noone knew why.This was mentioned to the rep.Otherwise tops

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Your comments are most appreciated by all the Management team. I will pass your comments about the staff to the correct departments and we are pleased they looked after you? Unfortunately the normal supplier we use is not distributing the previous brands of gin and vodka anymore so we were made to change the alchohol and we are currently looking into an alternative supplier.Thank you for your time taken to complete a review for your recent stay with us.

Kind Regards.
blackpool
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I apologise for the short review but ive been waiting to hear back from trip advisor as to why they will not post my 1st review! but not heard back after 3 emails.

Can't fault the hotel, staff, rooms, surroundings!! We have been to the ROBB 6 times now and it gets better every time! We have just booked again for October. Bar staff, pool staff, resturant staff....amazing!! Special mentions to Mohamed, Ismail & Soltan ( in the pub ) Salim ( fishermans resturant & slide pool ) Hany & mohamed ( adult pool ) unfortunatly we missed little Mohamed as he was on vacation, Wael ( night manager ) They all go out of there way to make your holiday special.
We actually got to meet the general manager John Lagos who is a very nice, helpful man & genuinely interested in your views on how he can improve the hotel & your holiday.
Can't wait till October!! Thanks again ROBB for another amazing holiday :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LBamber78
AngieHolmes, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guests,

I'm pleased you managed to write a review for us and didn't give up. Hopefully our other guests are not experiencing the same problem. We are glad your stay with us was excellent and we are exceeding your expectations. Our General Manager is always finding ways to improve and especially to push the staff to give excellent customer service. Our guest feed back is very important. We are glad you found everything enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again In October for your 7th time.

Best Regards.
From All Of Us.
Worcestershire
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Egypt, normally we holiday in the canaries in March but fancied a change and although it is more expensive the weather was fab for our 2 week visit.

I choose to stay at the ROBB after reading the reports on tripadvisor and was not dissappointed. We had a fun filled 2 weeks, with good food, nice pool and surroundings and 2 happy children.

Hotel - all areas reception, gardens, pool area, beach and rooms were spotless and well looked after.

Room - we stayed in a family room, which was large and spacious and overlooked the relax pool, water left daily by the staff, elephants and boats made from the towels for our children, which they loved. Yes the bathrooms are a bit tatty, but we had hot water and a decent shower, clean toilet so it did the job. We did have the A/C break down but was fixed by the next morning after a call to reception.

Pools- the leisure pool with the slides was a hit with the kids, and the Infinity pool better for our youngest so split our time between the two plus the beach.

Beach - great place to spend a day, kids loved it as the animation team did some daily activiites on the beach which they joined in with.

Food - not one bad meal, something for everyone. We ate in the Sea View, Bay View and the kebah house and the Al Dente.

Staff - this hotel had some of the most pleasant staff I have ever encountered while on holiday, friendly smiling faces from the gardeners, pool boys, waiters, getting to know our childrens names and speaking to you every day. The reception staff could take a few lessons from the rest of the staff, as front of house and the first people you meet when arriving they were not as friendly as the rest of the staff we met. A special thanks to Mohammed who served us in the evening in Bay View, and made our sons birthday extra special by bringing out a birthday cake and all the waiters singing happy birthday.

Animation team - Our kids loved it!! Joined in with the games most days, our youngest enjoyed the small playground inside the kids club. We had to endure the kids disco every night but they loved it. The staff work hard to keep the kids entertanined, we didnt stay to any of the late evening entertainment.

I would consider returning next year but will probably not happen as it is expensive so may have to wait a few years.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank michelle.stanley5
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your comments and for completing a review for the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa. I'm pleased your recent stay with us was most enjoyable. I apologise for the impression you received from our Reception Staff I'm not sure if you were disappointed with anyone in particular or your talking in general but Please be informed I will certainly investigate this with our Management.
I will certainly congratulate the staff you mentioned. I'm glad your family had fun, enjoyed the restaurants, entertainment and Pools.
We hope you will return again in the future.

Kind Regards.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Chose this hotel as having been to Sharm before knew that a 5* was important. Three generations of our family went and we all had a great time. Before we arrived my daughter contacted Angie to request quiet rooms and located together. All requests were carried out. Thanks Angie! The only disappointing evening was at the Fish Restaurant. The only time we did not enjoy our meal and found the waiter miserable. Our thanks to Sophy for his advice and help in specialised teas for myself and daughter when we had upset stomachs and to Hussainy in the pool bar who introduced us all to Sunshines!! The only crticisms were minor but the main one was the shower. The water would not drain away and it was most uncomfortable to walk in cold water when it was your turn to shower. Always try to get in first! I was also very surprised that there were no hand sanitisers at the entrance to the buffet restaurant and the lunch time beach restaurant. Considering the number of people on the site and the amount of people who had stomach upsets I would have thought this would have been a matter of common sense. We had a great time but don't know if we would return.

Room Tip: A very large, spread out complex. Try to ask for rooms near Reception or other pools that may be of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at our resort. We are indeed delighted that your holiday with us was as enjoyable as described. Thank you once again and we all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us