Booked thiis hotlel after reading all reviews , as it had to be good , for the special birthday of my wifes big 50.
Flew out of Newcastle in a blizzard March 11th, nice flight , arrived to 30c ..good start.
First impressions at check in not good , the young lady was a bit distant, not very welcoming, did not explain a lot, and we were hurried to a golf buggy with our cases aboard and driven to our room.
By this tme it was very dark, so we had litgtle idea of where we were ,shown to room 4248, the jnr suite we had paid extra for.
All nice and clean , abeit the washbasin auto plug was not working , the TV tuning was out, and the remote was not working., small details missed.....
A call to reception that evening got the jobs done while we were out eating.
The buffet was ok, the staff were excellent, food ok, but not very hot, went to the areana bar , met Abraham , one of the best barman iwe have ever met, , super guy with exceptional people skills ......he needs a promotion, wasted in a bar.
Next day woke up to see where we were in daylight, not impresed, poor location , no sunny balcony, no view whatsover,,,,and a long walk to main hotel and beach.
I thought the management would have picked up on the fact it was our first visit here, and my wifes birthday...but sadly no, Suite was fine but its location dire.
I have been to Egypt on a number of occasions , as i have friends in Cairo , and play golf there once a year, so i know the people, and in Sharm the same , all vey warm welcoming staff, in all bars and Restaurants ,
the Dante Italian and the Fishermans ..both ok buy nothing special , however thed waiter in Dante noticed my wifes Birthday badge , and brought out some cake and candles , with a rousing song which was great..well done ''baby face''.
Overall the Hotel is very clean and serves good food BUT why all the extras......you are either fully all inclusive , or you are not.....its very very annoying, how can you justify charging for fresh fruit juice??......crazy
You offer a ''private beach'' for Suite guests......it has no access to the sea , and has no showers?? pointless.
It was a good break for us the weather was Fab, the speedboat trip we booked on the beach with Mido for £100 was 2.5 hours but well worth every penny, the snorkelling was superb.
On the way back in we intercepted a full school of about 50 wild dolphins , what a sight that was , our best photos too, made our week.
Good meeting some new friends ..Alan and Anne hope to hear from them soon, and well done to Ali the towel guy at the relax pool and his barman mates Mohammid and team, really nice people.
Overall a nice stay BUT cant help feeling a little let down , room location ,(many rooms empty in better locations)...and charging extras in Dante /Fishermans and breakfast Juices.....with a very limited Bar choice basic vodka whisky brandy rum all weaker brands and a very weak lager beer.
looking forward to going away in June , but it will be back to Greece for us,,,,,cant see us going back to this hortel,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa is one of the most beautiful resorts of Sharm El Sheikh with the magnificent views of the Sinai Mountains hidden amongst the colorful shades of the desert. The Hotel is overlooking the famous Red Sea with clear crystal blue waters and beautiful corals with the most amazing colored tropical fish. Our highly experienced trained staff and Management Team are available 24 hrs with extended knowledge of the resort and qualified to provide our Guests with the most professional and exceptional service. Our Priority is you at all times during the day and night to help make the most of an excellent and enjoyable holiday. We have a wide range of facilities including a 24hr bar serving drinks and snacks, a beautiful Panorama Terrace to capture the most amazing sunset views for those perfect kodak moments to save a lifetime of memories. We have many Swimming pools to meet everyone's tastes, have fun in the sun with the family's at the leisure pool or relax reading a book chilling by our adults pool at the Relax we have it for all ages. Teens hangout room including play stations, games machines, air hockey and billiards or join in the activities with the Animation Team. Treat your self with one of our Royal Tents with complete privacy, waiter service, direct access to the sea for relax time including drinks, fruit for a small additional charge or lounge on your sun bed at the beach at your leisure with 350 m of sand and try our snorkeling from the jetty to spot little Nemo with a trained instructor the choice is yours. If you would like to make your stay extra special we have many other room types to upgrade, our Honeymoon Suite being the most popular choice and highest category. This option is by far the best choice and we can guarantee you won't be disappointed, pure luxury with direct sea view, the moon the stars the sunset all in one. Your very on private double jacuzzi, separate living room, walk in wardrobe, marble bathroom, DVD player with surround sound and wifi with many other benefits included. All for a small supplement. Easy access to the other resort areas to visit during your stay by taxi or shuttle you will be anywhere in a short time to grab your bargains shop till you drop or chill in one of the famous shisha cafes we can direct you. Upload your memorable photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram whilst enjoying your holiday with our new extended wifi or Skype your friends at home to show them the wonderful Hotel your staying in now available in various areas of the Hotel free of charge. If you fell active during your stay why not try a discover scuba dive or complete your padi and become a certified diver with our very own dive centre on the beach or get active in our amazing gym and learn all the exercises with a trained and qualified fitness instructor ,. If you prefer to pamper your self relax in our steam room or sauna free of charge. Don't forget to reserve your Ala Carte Restaurants with our Guest Relation Team who are available in the lobby to make your dining experience the most enjoyable one, sample our tasty delicious 4. Course meal with complete tranquility in our La Romantique Restaurant special offers apply. We are truly confident by choosing the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa you will not be disappointed. If you have any further questions or queries we would love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming our Guests soon. Management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Oasis Blue Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Reef Oasis Blue Bay