“Loved it...A great place”

Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Ranked #48 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
kent
“Loved it...A great place”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived on Saturday 20th October having used Thomson (disappointed lack of onboard movies for flight)..Hassle free quick transfer to hotel,greeted with drink and cold flannel,checked in and in our room in super quick time,we was in block 5 quite a walk to restaurant's etc but a bus is provided if wanted only used this twice as the walk was quite nice.

ROOM: Room was good as was a basic room,had fridge,tea coffee making facilities, TV,safe plenty of hanging and cupboard space and very well cleaned however the bathrooms (Especially the grouting in the shower) needs addressing ASAP..was nice to get back to room after hard day sunbathing to watch the afternoon/evening film...

FOOD: Have been to Egypt many times and this hotel has offered the best variety and quality of food than at any other hotel,Breakfast was amazing.Really enjoyed the Italian.

TAXI; we had a couple of trios out using the hotel Taxi's quite a bit more expensive than the taxi's at the front of the hotel,but very convenient and very reliable and prompt.

COMPLEX:..Is immaculate,was so nice to see such a presence of the manager walking around daily then he seemed to be everywhere in the main restaurant in the Italian,he popped up everywhere,thank you Mr Chris...I had an issue with Drinks as could only have the fresh Orange spoke to him about this and he sorted it out for me..(I'm coming back next year so will need the same..LOL)

STAFF: so friendly everyone says Hello,we were a large party of 11 and we were there for our son's 18th Birthday pool guys had already started decorating an umbrella for us when we arrived at the pool at 7am and then I added the bit's I had taken with me,he had a fantastic Birthday...Thank you

AQUAPARK: we did a trip to Aquapark which was great for our group of teens it cost 30 EGY that was entrance plus lunch and drinks for the day,taxi's were an additional cost.

MONEY:..Be warned you cannot change traveller cheques at this hotel,you will have to go by taxi to Thomas Cook to change them,we took only a small amount of money and luckily on our way to Naama Bay was able to stop at Thomas Cook and change into Egyptian pounds,there are 2 cash machines at the hotel and next time I will take just my card and a small amount of local currency.

POOLS: Are amazing something for everyone Infinity pool was my favourite and was up early for my favourite spot plus there were 11 of us so if we wanted to be together had to get up early which was fine as the sun is up so early and goes so quick was gone by 5pm but the sunset over the infinity pool is awesome.

SCUBADIVING:..My hubby and 2 son's did the diving and even though my husband had done it many times they did the Thistlegorm for my son's18th and I had it videoed they had a fab but long day 5 am start,It was all very well organised,dive school right at hotel beach also the snorkelling was great for me.

So all in all a Fab time had, a great 18th for my son,Already re-booked for next year.Although requested a room closer to reception and have up-graded our room choice.

Also you need to block up the window to the bathroom that is in the bedroom's as it let's too much light in from the outer bathroom window,which we felt hindered our ability to sleep..

Room Tip: choose block 2 or 3 to be closer to main pool and reception and restaurant etc...block 5 is near the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mas72
AngieHolmes, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to firstly inform you how grateful we are to hear such nice comments and are extremely appreciated. Mr Chris our Resident Manager has also been made aware how happy you are with his service given during your stay with us, also our Food and Beverage department and our Recreation Manager.We have certainly took note of your feedback about the room standard and can ensure you our Housekeeping will look into this. We are pleased your son enjoyed his special birthday and upon your return we will try our best to allocate you in the area you want and look forward to seeing you again next year

Kind regards from all the Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

For my 1st visit to Sharm El Sheikh and my 1st All Inclusive holiday I was a little apprehensive, but this hotel totally blew me away. From the minute we arrived till we left the hotel staff were some of the nicest, warmest people I have ever met. They really can't do enough for you.
The resort was really nicely laid out with beautiful gardens and views over the beach and bay. It was so clean and tidy and was also very peaceful, which I didn't expect for such a big resort.

The pools were all great, plenty of choice, we really enjoyed the adults only 'relax pool'. Also the hot tubs looking out over the beach were fab, especially at sunset.

Getting around the resort was really easy. We were in some of the rooms furthest away from the restaurants and beach and although there was a frequent bus service going around the resort all day, we only caught it a couple of times, because it was only about 10 mins to the beach, which is nothing really.

I went for a pedicure in the spa one day and I have to say I thought the price was reasonable, similar to what I would pay at home. The staff again were lovely here and it was definitely the best pedicure I've ever had. It seemed like a really personal service, tailored to you as an individual. Wish I'd booked more treatments to be honest.

I have to mention the food. This was one of my biggest worries as I am allergic to gluten, but I was amazed at how good the food was. On my 1st meal I asked if anyone could help me and they introduced me to Mohammed, the executive chef. Well he was AMAZING!!!!!! He changed my holiday from a good holidat to a fantastic holiday. Every meal time, whichever restaurant I was in he would come and find me or I would ask for him, he would then show me all the fooda that were ok for to eat and then see if he could make me something. He always offered to cook me special alternatives and said he wanted me to feel like I was at home. I had gluten free bread with every meal. He made me duck one night and beef in gravy another night. Another day he made me chocolate cakes for pudding and I never get pudding when I eat out, so lthat felt like a huge treat. Even if I didnt have him looking after me I would still have left great reviews about the food. Me and my boyfriend really do enjoy good food and were both really impressed with the quality and selection at each meal time. As well as the 2 buffet restaurants there were 3 A La Carte restaurants that were included in the All Inclusive option. The fish restaurant was good, we didnt go to the grill (as the menu was fairly limited and we enjoyed the huge selection at the buffet more) and the Italian restaurant was great. We have 4 great courses here, all included in the all inclusive. We did pay for a bottle of wine here, but there are the AI options as well, which are fine. They were plenty of bars serving snacks throughout the day and night, but we never needed them as we filled up so much at meal times.

We only left the resort once to go to the Sharm Old Markets. It was 116 Egyptian Pounds each way in the hotels taxi. I'm glad we went to see them, as there were some interesting items to buy (scarfs, watches, snorkels, spices, home decorations) but it wasn't the experience I had hoped for. It was really dirty and not very much to see. If you don't ming being bothered by the shop owners you'll like it. We just said no and it was fine. And its easy to haggle, just walk away if you don't want to pay the price and they soon start coming down.

Definitely the best thing to see was the red sea. I've never done snorkelling before and was just amazed at how much life you could see just a few meters off the shore. WE decided to use the hotel dive centre and learn to scuba dive, which I can't recommend enough. We just did the basic Discover Scuba Diving course, which was 65 euro each and included one pool dive, a little bit of time watching a film and doing a quiz and one open water dive (off the hotels jetty into the sea). We absolutely loved it and the next day paid for 2 more dives (65 euro each for the 2 dives- equipment was free because we'd done the course). Since we've got home we've decided to do the full open water course, so we can return and do more diving in the future. We saw loads of colourful fish, rays and lionfish when we were down there. Apparently they get hammer head sharks swimming right close to the beach in August. I would definitely love to go back qualified and do more dives.

So overall really excellent hotel. Not really anything to fault. I can sort of see where people are coming from with the quality of the rooms, probably not up to a UK 5 star standard, but ours was only a tiny bit shabby around the edges and really not anything that made us enjoy the holiday any less. I would easily recommend this hotel to my friends and would also return if I do go back to Egypt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nowheatnodairy
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
We wish to take the opportunity and thank you for spending your holiday with us and for your kind comments. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind Regards from all of us
kent
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We arrived on the evening ot the 22/10 for 10 nights,a short transfer from the airport but not disturbed by the planes,on arrival greeted with a cold drink & cold flannels which were very welcoming. The food was excellent & plenty of choice,in the featured restaurants some of the food you had to pay for but it was cleary marked so that you didnt make a mistake &Thalso other choices were free.Our room was perfect & the lad who cleaned it was brilliant,(6226) the staff were the friendliest ive ever come across.If there was 1 thing which i would like here it would be entertainment for adults in the evening as all that was available was the annimation team which catered for families.This entertainment could be in or around the bar areas.The place was spotless, would highly recommend & would return.

Room Tip: If you have children ask for a room by the water slides,no children by the relax pool
4 Thank kentcarpman
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that your holiday experience was enjoyable, and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back as a valued repeater guest in the near future.
Amsterdam
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Others have covered this resort in reasonable detail however I do want to call out why this property gets my vote as the Best Resort I have ever stayed.
I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to stay in most sun related holiday destinations including a lot in the South Pacific.
For my sins, I am also an ex-hotelier so I understand what it takes to maintain this level of service and ambiance when you get this volume of visitors.
This resort far exceeds any other resort I have ever stayed in which includes some of the other global 5 star brands.
The key highlights (for me).
- A significant choice of pools that each provide their own ambiance. A good example is the Relax Pool that excludes all children and was truly peaceful. A leisure pool with a variety of water slides, an infinity pool with an amazing view over the bay, small plunge pools and a small triangular infinity pool ticked off in one corner of a cliff above the beach.
- Immediate instant access to the reef and the fish which was an amazing experience each morning at 6.00am.
- A terrace bar where you can watch the sun go down, have a drink and listen to some good lounge music.
- A really well equipped gym with amazing views over the bay where you could just get lost into you own thoughts.
- An amazing variety of very good quality food, freshly prepared.
- Six restaurants, different themes, different locations as well as grill restaurants for hamburgers or light snacks at the beach or beside the pool.

We upgraded to a Superior room when we arrived, solely because of the location that we wanted which was very near to the Relax Pool.

There is only one point that needs to be called out. If you are a business person or someone who needs to be connected even when you are on holiday, be prepared for the fact that this is a challenge. I found that connecting via wifi at 7.00am was no issue but as the day moves on and more and more folks connect, you cannot even get your email.

The single most defining factor for me was this. Over the first few days I watched a gentleman who I assumed to be the F&B Director, constantly working the restaurants. He was involved. He seated people, he cleared plates, he coached the staff and he spoke to the guests. In every other property I stay in the Executive staff are usually noticeable by their invisibility. So I introduced myself and to my surprise he is the Hotel Manager. For me - that say's it all. Congratulations Chris on having the professional ethics to get out of the office and get involved with your guests!! That is why this resort is so good. The Manager cares enough to be involved every day with his guests and at every meal time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank PaulDAmsterdam
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we do appreciate it and we are delighted that your holiday was enjoyable, I will personally pass your compliments to Mr. Manoli, we thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back to our resort in the nearest future.

Warm regards from all of us.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Like most people writing on here I’d like to start by saying the staff were great and really helpful, always polite and greeted you with a smile

I'd been looking forward to going to the ROBB all year, with "most" of the reviews saying how good it was; yes you always get the odd one don't you? I never thought it would be me writing and having a moan!!
Room: Our room was tired at best, not the cleanest. The socket for the kettle didn't work and I had to carry the whole tray over to the other side of the room to make a coffee! We had ants in the room (block 7) which we noticed a few on the sides during the week but when we came to pack to leave they were EVERYWHERE!! in our bags, clothes etc, my wife was so stressed after opening a packet of sweets at the airport which was in her handbag to find ants running out all over the place, enough said.
Pool: Can't really complain about this area apart from the fact you have to get up early to put your towels out on the loungers to get one (if you can't beat them....) oh yes and the fight that broke out over one of the 3 x pods they have, with a Frenchman hitting a couple for moving his towel from the pod which he'd put there before 07:00 but didn't come off the beach until after 4pm to use, leaving it empty all day but was there for when he finally decided to use it, the couple seeing it empty all day went to use it and got punched when the frenchman finally decided to come off the beach and wan't to use it late that afternoon.
Food: Really good considering, but you pay for the extras which I would have expected to have received for a 5*, why go 5* otherwise if your still paying for the extra few luxuries.
Entertainment: What entertainment???????

Overall we had an Ok time, but didn't live up to expectations. Don't feel I got anything different or felt the supposedly 5* top of the range holiday sold to me.

2 Thank Nick C
AngieHolmes, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

we would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. we apologise your stay with us wasn't what you expected and you experienced some problems. Our 24hr operator service are more than happy to take calls, when problems are reported they contact the relevant department. If you reported your kettle it would have been replaced immediately also we are sincerely sorry you discovered ants in your room. I would like to inform you we could have arranged our laundry service to clean them with no extra cost also our housekeeping to fumigate your room. We appreciate your comments about the room standard and we are currently aiming for some refurbishment and this normally take place as the hotel it's at it's lowest occupancy. We also apologise you didn't discover our entertainment team, they are displaying their shows at the arena just after the shopping area on stage every evening are shows from our local animation team mini disco for the little ones and different shows nightly also during the day is a full programme. We will certainly take on board all you comments, again we apologise and can only welcome you back with us in the near future.

Kind regards for the management team.
Wirral
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wont go into a lot of detail as all the previous reviews have this hotel covered. It is a lovely hotel with amazing staff, very attentive and a credit to the hotel. I have stayed in loads of 5* hotels and would rate this hotel as a very good 4*. We stayed in a standard room it was fine it could of done with updating. It wasnt the cleanest of rooms but fine, more detail needed with cleaning inside wardrobes and dusting etc. I emailed the hotel before we left mentioning we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and if they had a nice room with a nice view it would be greatly appreciated. We didnt receive a reply. We were given a room near the diving school overlooking the road, we had a good nights sleep so decided not the mention the room and stayed put. It would of been to receive even a bottle of wine which is quite standard in a lot of hotels and we kept our anniversary cards on show in our room incase the cleaner would of mentioned it.
Evening entertainment was diabolical this really needs to be addressed. As it goes dark quite early 5pm it makes the evening very long and with no entertainment the majority of people were sitting in reception on wifi!!!

Room Tip: Rooms near adults pool as its very central
1 Thank WirralHolidaybabe
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have recently returned from a week's holiday in Reef Oasis Blue Bay with my boyfriend and my parents. I could not have asked for anything better!

The weather at the time of year (late October) was perfect- around 35 degrees everyday! The only downside was the sun sets around 5pm which felt strange.

The hotel itself has something for everyone. My boyfriend loved watching the football in the pub! The relax pool (adults only) was perfect and we never struggled to get a sunbed at any pool, anytime of day.

We did 2 trips that were well organised through Thomson. My boyfriend and I, visited the pyramids and although it was a long trip it was well worth it- and returning to the hotel for fish and chips was great.

The food and drinks were great. Al Dente the Italian restaurant was delicious- but I recommend you book early and if possible book for two nights!! The cocktails were a bit disappointing if you want to get fussy.

The beach was a dream. Coming from an island I usually spend little time on beaches on holiday as I am so used to seeing the sea, however we loved this beach! Stepping of the jetty into the sea and seeing the reef was like watching finding nemo!! I would definately recommend buying a snorkel!!!!

The staff can not do more to help you.

All in all I will definately be returning!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Youngtraveller_iom
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your nice comments, and we’re all glad that your holiday with us was enjoyable. I took note of your observation regarding to the cocktails , thank you for bringing it to our attention, I will certainly look into it. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We look forward to welcome you back next year.

Kind regards from all of us