We arrived on Saturday 20th October having used Thomson (disappointed lack of onboard movies for flight)..Hassle free quick transfer to hotel,greeted with drink and cold flannel,checked in and in our room in super quick time,we was in block 5 quite a walk to restaurant's etc but a bus is provided if wanted only used this twice as the walk was quite nice.
ROOM: Room was good as was a basic room,had fridge,tea coffee making facilities, TV,safe plenty of hanging and cupboard space and very well cleaned however the bathrooms (Especially the grouting in the shower) needs addressing ASAP..was nice to get back to room after hard day sunbathing to watch the afternoon/evening film...
FOOD: Have been to Egypt many times and this hotel has offered the best variety and quality of food than at any other hotel,Breakfast was amazing.Really enjoyed the Italian.
TAXI; we had a couple of trios out using the hotel Taxi's quite a bit more expensive than the taxi's at the front of the hotel,but very convenient and very reliable and prompt.
COMPLEX:..Is immaculate,was so nice to see such a presence of the manager walking around daily then he seemed to be everywhere in the main restaurant in the Italian,he popped up everywhere,thank you Mr Chris...I had an issue with Drinks as could only have the fresh Orange spoke to him about this and he sorted it out for me..(I'm coming back next year so will need the same..LOL)
STAFF: so friendly everyone says Hello,we were a large party of 11 and we were there for our son's 18th Birthday pool guys had already started decorating an umbrella for us when we arrived at the pool at 7am and then I added the bit's I had taken with me,he had a fantastic Birthday...Thank you
AQUAPARK: we did a trip to Aquapark which was great for our group of teens it cost 30 EGY that was entrance plus lunch and drinks for the day,taxi's were an additional cost.
MONEY:..Be warned you cannot change traveller cheques at this hotel,you will have to go by taxi to Thomas Cook to change them,we took only a small amount of money and luckily on our way to Naama Bay was able to stop at Thomas Cook and change into Egyptian pounds,there are 2 cash machines at the hotel and next time I will take just my card and a small amount of local currency.
POOLS: Are amazing something for everyone Infinity pool was my favourite and was up early for my favourite spot plus there were 11 of us so if we wanted to be together had to get up early which was fine as the sun is up so early and goes so quick was gone by 5pm but the sunset over the infinity pool is awesome.
SCUBADIVING:..My hubby and 2 son's did the diving and even though my husband had done it many times they did the Thistlegorm for my son's18th and I had it videoed they had a fab but long day 5 am start,It was all very well organised,dive school right at hotel beach also the snorkelling was great for me.
So all in all a Fab time had, a great 18th for my son,Already re-booked for next year.Although requested a room closer to reception and have up-graded our room choice.
Also you need to block up the window to the bathroom that is in the bedroom's as it let's too much light in from the outer bathroom window,which we felt hindered our ability to sleep..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa is one of the most beautiful resorts of Sharm El Sheikh with the magnificent views of the Sinai Mountains hidden amongst the colorful shades of the desert. The Hotel is overlooking the famous Red Sea with clear crystal blue waters and beautiful corals with the most amazing colored tropical fish. Our highly experienced trained staff and Management Team are available 24 hrs with extended knowledge of the resort and qualified to provide our Guests with the most professional and exceptional service. Our Priority is you at all times during the day and night to help make the most of an excellent and enjoyable holiday. We have a wide range of facilities including a 24hr bar serving drinks and snacks, a beautiful Panorama Terrace to capture the most amazing sunset views for those perfect kodak moments to save a lifetime of memories. We have many Swimming pools to meet everyone's tastes, have fun in the sun with the family's at the leisure pool or relax reading a book chilling by our adults pool at the Relax we have it for all ages. Teens hangout room including play stations, games machines, air hockey and billiards or join in the activities with the Animation Team. Treat your self with one of our Royal Tents with complete privacy, waiter service, direct access to the sea for relax time including drinks, fruit for a small additional charge or lounge on your sun bed at the beach at your leisure with 350 m of sand and try our snorkeling from the jetty to spot little Nemo with a trained instructor the choice is yours. If you would like to make your stay extra special we have many other room types to upgrade, our Honeymoon Suite being the most popular choice and highest category. This option is by far the best choice and we can guarantee you won't be disappointed, pure luxury with direct sea view, the moon the stars the sunset all in one. Your very on private double jacuzzi, separate living room, walk in wardrobe, marble bathroom, DVD player with surround sound and wifi with many other benefits included. All for a small supplement. Easy access to the other resort areas to visit during your stay by taxi or shuttle you will be anywhere in a short time to grab your bargains shop till you drop or chill in one of the famous shisha cafes we can direct you. Upload your memorable photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram whilst enjoying your holiday with our new extended wifi or Skype your friends at home to show them the wonderful Hotel your staying in now available in various areas of the Hotel free of charge. If you fell active during your stay why not try a discover scuba dive or complete your padi and become a certified diver with our very own dive centre on the beach or get active in our amazing gym and learn all the exercises with a trained and qualified fitness instructor ,. If you prefer to pamper your self relax in our steam room or sauna free of charge. Don't forget to reserve your Ala Carte Restaurants with our Guest Relation Team who are available in the lobby to make your dining experience the most enjoyable one, sample our tasty delicious 4. Course meal with complete tranquility in our La Romantique Restaurant special offers apply. We are truly confident by choosing the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa you will not be disappointed. If you have any further questions or queries we would love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming our Guests soon. Management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Oasis Blue Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Reef Oasis Blue Bay