For my 1st visit to Sharm El Sheikh and my 1st All Inclusive holiday I was a little apprehensive, but this hotel totally blew me away. From the minute we arrived till we left the hotel staff were some of the nicest, warmest people I have ever met. They really can't do enough for you.
The resort was really nicely laid out with beautiful gardens and views over the beach and bay. It was so clean and tidy and was also very peaceful, which I didn't expect for such a big resort.
The pools were all great, plenty of choice, we really enjoyed the adults only 'relax pool'. Also the hot tubs looking out over the beach were fab, especially at sunset.
Getting around the resort was really easy. We were in some of the rooms furthest away from the restaurants and beach and although there was a frequent bus service going around the resort all day, we only caught it a couple of times, because it was only about 10 mins to the beach, which is nothing really.
I went for a pedicure in the spa one day and I have to say I thought the price was reasonable, similar to what I would pay at home. The staff again were lovely here and it was definitely the best pedicure I've ever had. It seemed like a really personal service, tailored to you as an individual. Wish I'd booked more treatments to be honest.
I have to mention the food. This was one of my biggest worries as I am allergic to gluten, but I was amazed at how good the food was. On my 1st meal I asked if anyone could help me and they introduced me to Mohammed, the executive chef. Well he was AMAZING!!!!!! He changed my holiday from a good holidat to a fantastic holiday. Every meal time, whichever restaurant I was in he would come and find me or I would ask for him, he would then show me all the fooda that were ok for to eat and then see if he could make me something. He always offered to cook me special alternatives and said he wanted me to feel like I was at home. I had gluten free bread with every meal. He made me duck one night and beef in gravy another night. Another day he made me chocolate cakes for pudding and I never get pudding when I eat out, so lthat felt like a huge treat. Even if I didnt have him looking after me I would still have left great reviews about the food. Me and my boyfriend really do enjoy good food and were both really impressed with the quality and selection at each meal time. As well as the 2 buffet restaurants there were 3 A La Carte restaurants that were included in the All Inclusive option. The fish restaurant was good, we didnt go to the grill (as the menu was fairly limited and we enjoyed the huge selection at the buffet more) and the Italian restaurant was great. We have 4 great courses here, all included in the all inclusive. We did pay for a bottle of wine here, but there are the AI options as well, which are fine. They were plenty of bars serving snacks throughout the day and night, but we never needed them as we filled up so much at meal times.
We only left the resort once to go to the Sharm Old Markets. It was 116 Egyptian Pounds each way in the hotels taxi. I'm glad we went to see them, as there were some interesting items to buy (scarfs, watches, snorkels, spices, home decorations) but it wasn't the experience I had hoped for. It was really dirty and not very much to see. If you don't ming being bothered by the shop owners you'll like it. We just said no and it was fine. And its easy to haggle, just walk away if you don't want to pay the price and they soon start coming down.
Definitely the best thing to see was the red sea. I've never done snorkelling before and was just amazed at how much life you could see just a few meters off the shore. WE decided to use the hotel dive centre and learn to scuba dive, which I can't recommend enough. We just did the basic Discover Scuba Diving course, which was 65 euro each and included one pool dive, a little bit of time watching a film and doing a quiz and one open water dive (off the hotels jetty into the sea). We absolutely loved it and the next day paid for 2 more dives (65 euro each for the 2 dives- equipment was free because we'd done the course). Since we've got home we've decided to do the full open water course, so we can return and do more diving in the future. We saw loads of colourful fish, rays and lionfish when we were down there. Apparently they get hammer head sharks swimming right close to the beach in August. I would definitely love to go back qualified and do more dives.
So overall really excellent hotel. Not really anything to fault. I can sort of see where people are coming from with the quality of the rooms, probably not up to a UK 5 star standard, but ours was only a tiny bit shabby around the edges and really not anything that made us enjoy the holiday any less. I would easily recommend this hotel to my friends and would also return if I do go back to Egypt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa is one of the most beautiful resorts of Sharm El Sheikh with the magnificent views of the Sinai Mountains hidden amongst the colorful shades of the desert. The Hotel is overlooking the famous Red Sea with clear crystal blue waters and beautiful corals with the most amazing colored tropical fish. Our highly experienced trained staff and Management Team are available 24 hrs with extended knowledge of the resort and qualified to provide our Guests with the most professional and exceptional service. Our Priority is you at all times during the day and night to help make the most of an excellent and enjoyable holiday. We have a wide range of facilities including a 24hr bar serving drinks and snacks, a beautiful Panorama Terrace to capture the most amazing sunset views for those perfect kodak moments to save a lifetime of memories. We have many Swimming pools to meet everyone's tastes, have fun in the sun with the family's at the leisure pool or relax reading a book chilling by our adults pool at the Relax we have it for all ages. Teens hangout room including play stations, games machines, air hockey and billiards or join in the activities with the Animation Team. Treat your self with one of our Royal Tents with complete privacy, waiter service, direct access to the sea for relax time including drinks, fruit for a small additional charge or lounge on your sun bed at the beach at your leisure with 350 m of sand and try our snorkeling from the jetty to spot little Nemo with a trained instructor the choice is yours. If you would like to make your stay extra special we have many other room types to upgrade, our Honeymoon Suite being the most popular choice and highest category. This option is by far the best choice and we can guarantee you won't be disappointed, pure luxury with direct sea view, the moon the stars the sunset all in one. Your very on private double jacuzzi, separate living room, walk in wardrobe, marble bathroom, DVD player with surround sound and wifi with many other benefits included. All for a small supplement. Easy access to the other resort areas to visit during your stay by taxi or shuttle you will be anywhere in a short time to grab your bargains shop till you drop or chill in one of the famous shisha cafes we can direct you. Upload your memorable photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram whilst enjoying your holiday with our new extended wifi or Skype your friends at home to show them the wonderful Hotel your staying in now available in various areas of the Hotel free of charge. If you fell active during your stay why not try a discover scuba dive or complete your padi and become a certified diver with our very own dive centre on the beach or get active in our amazing gym and learn all the exercises with a trained and qualified fitness instructor ,. If you prefer to pamper your self relax in our steam room or sauna free of charge. Don't forget to reserve your Ala Carte Restaurants with our Guest Relation Team who are available in the lobby to make your dining experience the most enjoyable one, sample our tasty delicious 4. Course meal with complete tranquility in our La Romantique Restaurant special offers apply. We are truly confident by choosing the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa you will not be disappointed. If you have any further questions or queries we would love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming our Guests soon. Management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Oasis Blue Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Reef Oasis Blue Bay