6,425 results
All reviews leisure pool al dente infinity pool caribbean bar bay view restaurant fishermans restaurant le romantique tuf tuf main restaurant italian restaurant animation team special thanks fantastic holiday dive centre naama bay water slides chicken
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Got to say this hotel has some of the most friendly and polite staff I have had the please to be served by. This is a good hotel that they work hard to maintain but it appears to be needing a little TLC in some key places. Overall hotel is clean, well appointed and lots of facilities and restaurants. All restaurants are excellent with the main buffet restaurant being very good. The only poor area of the hotel is the kids pool area. The surface around the pool is poor and this buffet is limited and poor, but will try and accommodate you if they can. There was a beach restaurant that was closed as gets to hot? (Think hotel very quiet and simply didn't have enough staff to support.) The evening entertainment was very poor but the staff cannot be faulted as they tried their best and were jolly at every part of the day.. Previously the evening entertainment was held in a huge amphitheater but this was closed and in a poor state of repair. It was quite, in August 2012? and it feels a little tired. Would I go back? Without doubt and I reiterate that the staff were very, very good.

Room Tip: The staff are fantastic but if you recognise this with a tip they treat you like a king - so do it early and get the full benefit!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chesterfoodies
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your nice review and for sharing your recent experience with all of us. I believe you referring to the leisure pool's choice of food, its only a snack bar mainly focused to satisfy kids and teenagers, by offering burgers, hot dogs, a daily grill either, beef, chicken, or lamb, fried fish a daily pasta dish and a variety of salads. It's not a full buffet as such. I agree our entertainment, isn't the best, however we will make some improvements by the 1st of October " within reason" As far as our beach restaurant " SeeBreeze" it is closed for now due to the hot weather, unfortunately there's no air condition, therefore we decided to open our bay view restaurant instead. SeeBreeze will reopen again on the 1st of October. I will pass your compliments to our team members for a job well done. Thank you once again for choosing the Robb, and we all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have just returned from a week's stay with my boyfriend. This hotel really is wonderful and there are very few points I could make to improve it.

We arrived at the hotel late evening, check-in was quick and we were taken to our room (which was on the first floor as I had emailed the hotel in advance to request this). The welcome pack was very informative and included a map and tips for keeping well in the sun. We booked an Executive Room (Junior Suite on the Thomson website) which was very close to the lobby and main area. The room was lovely with a huge comfortable bed and lots of complimentary toiletries. Very clean and modern decor, however I thought the balcony was very small for an upgraded room. The hotel provides vouchers for you to collect soft drinks/water from the shop, and the mini-fridge in the room is also stocked daily with water. We bought some cans of lager from the shop to keep in our fridge, but thought it would have been nice if you could also collect alcoholic drinks with the vouchers. Our room was cleaned daily and we were left little surprises such as shapes made out of towels and a plate of biscuits and pastries, which was a lovely touch.

The hotel isn't as big as I had imagined and I don't think it would take very long to walk from one end to another, although there is a bus service if you want it. It is well designed with all the main features close together. The hotel grounds and pool areas really are beautiful and well maintained. We spent most of our days by the adults only relax pool as it was quieter than the leisure pool, where the animation team would run activities such as water gym and other games. There are lots of sunbeds, although towards the end of our holiday the hotel seemed busier and so you would have to get there early to get a good spot. Occasionally the waiters would bring you drinks to your sunbeds, and the pool bars also had snacks such as sandwiches or samosas at lunchtime. The hotel is very clean and maintains high standards.

There is excellent variety and choice in the food at this hotel, and you can get something to eat 24/7 if you're hungry. The main buffet restaurant was very good, food was always fresh and the service was much better than other all inclusive hotels I have stayed in. There is something for everyone at the buffet, I am a vegetarian and so it was a bit more limited but still pretty good. I did find some of the potato dishes very salty, and if you went for lunch and dinner on the same day it would be quite repetitive.

We also ate at the Italian restaurant twice, and I felt this was a bit overrated in the reviews but perhaps I had expected too much. My partner had a dodgy tummy all night after having the spaghetti carbonara, although I was fine with what I had. We ate at the Kebabgi BBQ restaurant twice, which was our favourite, and I was grateful that the waiter Mohammed was able to make sure my main meal had no meat on it. The starter was wonderful - flatbreads with fresh dips which were different both times we visited.

As we had an upgraded room we ate breakfast at the fisherman's restaurant where you could have freshly cooked eggs however you wanted, and had a good selection of hot and cold items. We did not eat here for dinner as neither of us like seafood but I hear it was very good. We did not see a single person in the french restaurant all week.

I would say that the service you receive in this hotel is unbeatable and above what you would expect. All the staff are very friendly and will have a joke with you. The bar staff will often remember your favourite drink and they often topped them up without you having to ask. We were more than happy to tip as we received such great service but never felt that this was expected or that the staff were 'fishing' for tips. The drinks were good on the whole, the cocktails varied depending on who made them and there was a good variety on the all inclusive. However, I could not drink the wine but the beer was good. The Terrace bar was our favourite and was a beautiful place to watch the sunset.

We did not use the spa or gym so cannot comment, but thought the location of the gym could have been put to better use if it was made into a restaurant - it was in such a good location overlooking the bay that we would probably have paid extra to eat there if it had been a restaurant.

Overall, I would say this hotel is very good and I would definitely recommend it. It was my first visit to Egypt and although we do like to travel to different places, if I do return to Sharm I would definitely consider coming back to this hotel. I would say 10/10 for the effort that is put into running this hotel, but just a few tweaks could make it excellent.

Room Tip: I would upgrade to a Honeymoon Suite if celebrating something special - they are in a perfect location overlooking the red sea.
5  Thank Leanne P

Dear guest, thank you for your wonderful review, we do appreciate you sharing it with all of us. We are indeed very pleased that your holiday with us was as good as described. I will share your compliments with all the team members involved that made the difference to your stay. We all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Warm regards from all of us at the Robb

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having visited various hotels in the area, the ROBB is highly recommended. We find it difficult to be negative about anything. The layout of the hotel with the reception/bars/restaurants being grouped together at the beach end of the complex gives you stunning views over the Red Sea. The pools and accomodation blocks are located back towards the site entrance with beautiful gardens and winding footpaths. There is also a perimeter road around the outer boundary of the resort. Its total length is approx 1.5 km for you to walk or jog. There is also an onsite mini-bus(tuf-tuf) which constantly goes around this perimeter road, stopping at all the purpose made bus stops named after airports. The tuf tuf collects you and takes you to the restaurants/bars/reception/spa/beach and also takes you back to your room, which is very handy when going for your evening meal, after getting ready when the nights are very warm.
All the staff, receptionists,waiters, chefs, pool staff, room attendants, etc etc are very friendlyand cannot do enough for you.
Food in the restaurant is very good and there is something for everyone, there is chips/ burgers etc available at the pool and beach bars. There is 4 a la carte restaurants onsite, which is part of the all-inclusive package withe the exception of the 'Romantique', a reservation is required for all ( Al Dente, Fishermans, Kabagdi) and are well worth a visit.
Compliments to Chris the hotel manager for ensuring all guests enjoy their vacation at the ROBB, also Chris can be spotted in various parts of the resort and goes out of his way to speak to the guests.
Will go back............Highly Recommended (CODE:Hartlepool 12-19th August 2012)

Room Tip: Very few rooms have a sea view but have lovely garden views. Suggest you request a room near to the 'relax' pool. This is centrally located on the complex giving you the option to go to the larger pool with slides/music/animation or go in the opposite way to the reception, bars, restaurants. beach, and beach side pool etc.
2  Thank MaureenandGraeme

Dear guest, thank you for your nice review, we are indeed delighted that your stay with us was as good as described. I will share your compliments with all our team members who made the difference to your visit. Thank you once again .We all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future, kind regards from all of us

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Well my girlfriend and I are sat in the large reception area (Tue 4 Sep 12) of the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Spa & Resort after eating another lovely meal and just trying to put into words what we have made of our first week at this hotel. For anyone who has booked this hotel, you really are in for a total treat, the place oozes relaxation, style & comfort from
the moment you walk in the door. Check in was quick and you are whisked away to your in minutes. We booked a room (Room 6220) with a pool view and we look out over the leisure pool with its slides to entertain the kids/grown ups. The hotel is quite at the moment so the large buffet restaurant provides a service which can not be called into question, you will be meet by one of the girls normally (Aziza always greets every guest with a smile & a warm welcome) and the way they all lead the children by the hand to their table is very nice indeed. The food is brilliant, so much choice and as soon as a dish is almost empty it is swapped with a fresh one. There really is something for everyone, believe me, you will not go hungry at this hotel. We've decided the pastry chef is coming home with us as the cakes are amazing!!

The staff can not do enough for you all around the hotel, they are extremely polite and the Deputy Manager (Mr Chris) is constantly making sure everyone is providing a professional service. The main pool which overlooks the sea is spacious and all the lads who work at the bar do a brilliant job keeping your drinks topped up. Though we have not spent a day there yet, the relax pool is stunning, lots of sun beds and parasols are plentiful.

We have eaten in the Fishermans restaurant and paid the extra that night for a freshly caught Sea Bass which was cooked perfectly. For sports fans there is 'The Pub' so football is always on, there is the 24 hr 'Caribbean Bar' a big shout out to 'Tarik' who can not do enough for you. We have booked into Al Dente, another of the hotel's onsite restaurants, tomorrow night - have only heard good things about it from fellow guests.

The beach is stunning with easy access via lifts for all ages. Pack a face mask & snorkel in order to see Nemo & co up close on the hotel reef. Water sports are available to all at an extra cost. The hotel provides a learners' diving pool & instructors are PADI qualified.

We have used the gym (a must given all we've eaten lol). It is small yet well equipped & if you fancy a massage after a workout, the Thalasso Spa staff are at hand.

Well I am rambling on, when I could have summed it up in these few words "Please look forward to what I believe will be an excellent holiday at this hotel". We have stayed in other hotels in Sharm & can only say this place really is worth every penny! You will love it, just like we have & are looking forward to week 2 of our holiday.

Taff & Liesl

• Stayed: September 2012
14  Thank Julian C
Shehab El Din M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments for your first week with us, we do appreciate it and we are delighted that your holiday was enjoyable so far, I will personally pass your compliments to all involved, we thank you once again and hope you will enjoye your second week with us.

Warm regards from all of us.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Within 1 hour of arriving at the hotel we bumped into someone who couldnt praise the hotel enough and was told we wouldnt be dissappointed. To be fair we new this, as this is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel. We requested a room around the leisure pool and was not dissappointed, we loved the fact we always got a sunbed infront of our room. The weather was perfect, everything we remembered about this hotel is exactly the same, All the hotel staff are excellent and can't do enough for you, food is very good. We wanted for nothing. Hotel rooms spacious and very clean, the whole complex is clean. Night time entertainment not too bad. We took advantage of the free shuttle bus to Narma Bay one evening which was prompt. Would highly recommend.

3  Thank Gray16
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your nice review, we do appreciate it and indeed delighted your stay was an enjoyable one. I will share your compliments with all concerned and I'm sure they will be very pleased. We all look forward to welcome you for the 3rd time in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us at the Robb