“fab !!!”

Tropitel Naama Bay
Ranked #83 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed Boxing day till 2nd Jan so experienced New Year Sharm style
I read loads of reviews of how noisy the main block was and got to stay in the 900 block !!
When we arrived we were top floor (512) an yes music was heard till 12 but then nothing
I did check out the 900 block rooms but our room was so nice we decided to stay put

Yes the food is 'canteen' like but with the amount they had to serve you can not fault the selection

New Year was a triumph - The buffet was amazing and the effort put in by staff equalled some of the top hotels in the world

You can seriously not fault the staff - Nothing is too much trouble

We heard some people complaining that staff were rude - I seriously do not even know where remarks like that could come from as all week you could not fault them

The location was also superb - out the door on the strip

I can see that some rooms may have been noisy but just ask politely and reception will move you

I have one complaint - get more treadmills !!!! always had to wait to get on one !

We had a fab holiday and god willing we hope to go back

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank glovers123
Write a ReviewReviews (2,296)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have just returned from this fantastic hotel with my family...I did think twice before booking after reading some average reviews, but once we arrived we realised the hotel did not match some of these reviews.
On arrival we were met by Katie, the guest relations person, she was both charming and very informative, and told us to get in touch with her for anything we needed, and also gave us a briefing on what we needed to know.
Our room was spotless and very spacious and nicely laid out. The four swimming pools were brilliant, especially the slide pool which gave our 2 young children endless hours of fun.The food in both restaurants ' Palm and Executive ' was very tasty and a great selection. We could be described as fussy eaters and really enjoyed it. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, and nothing was too much trouble for them.
In conclusion i would advise anyone looking for a great family holiday to look at this hotel.
Me and my family WILL definitely be back..Bravo to all the team at Tropitel..We will see you soon!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rupert R
Reviewed January 5, 2013

just returned from 2wks holiday at hotel tropitel, naama bay. from the minute we arrived to the day we left, we were looked after by an english girl from the hotels guest relations department called katie. she honestly couldnt do enough for us and was always at hand if we had any questions about the hotel and gave us lots of information about naama bay , excursions etc. weve never felt so at ease in a foreign country as we did here and would just like to add that the bar staff where also amazing. this hotel wasvery big as it has a main area with the main pool and the palm restaurant (which you must try).then you have the resort area with the olympic pool and slidepool and the executive restaurant.there is so much choicein both of the resaurants and cannot understand how people can complain really??? no pleasing some people. the hotel was very clean and ourroom was fabulous. i would recommend tropitel which is also in the best location in naama bay. certainly a 5star . once again my family and i would like to thank katie and all the hotel staff for going that extra mile for us and making our holiday a memorable 2wks in egypt. will WILL be returning this summer without a doubt. dont listen to the people who write negativity about this place, they just like moaning about petty things!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chezzaLiverpool
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am just back from the paradise, “Tropitel Naama bay” after spending the best vacation I have ever had. I went there with some doubts regarding the reviews I had read on the Trip Advisor, but after trial, I came to a conclusion that it is one of the best hotel in Sharm El Sheikh.
The hotel is very big and divided up into two stages; I guess one meant for joy and the other for a complete relaxing. There are two all inclusive restaurants, which gives you many choices. However, I would recommend the Executive Restaurant if you desire a very quiet place where you could enjoy your meal. Also there are many swimming pools, tried all of them but used to spend my day on the private sand beach ,which is not far away from the entrance of hotel .
All the staff are kind and always smiling ,but big thanks to” A.Elsalam” that guy in the reception , who is really a hard performer “ always assuring that my requests had been fulfilled at all times” ; Moreover, has a good memory to remember my name and my room number each time I spoke to him in person or on phone . Similarly” Michael” from the lobby bar is so smart and almost providing a super service all the time. He is very funny and always cheerful .
However, the hotel cleanliness needs more attention from the management especially in open areas. Free Wireless in the reception, at least, would be a nice touch as" WiFi" is extra charge there.
I do recommend all of you to spend your holiday there believing that you will never be disappointed.
Would I come back ? of course.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank MRSmyth50th
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hotel is very good , clean , good staff.

Food is great; Chef is very good , don't know why some people complain!

The location is great and everywhere by walking a few minutes

don't listen to the bad reviews ,

we were 5 persons and our idea why the people write bad things about the hotel.

we go back march again. highly recommended. well done

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank bodrumtour
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Arrived very early in morning with another family hotel kept part of the restaraunt open . Had trouble opening door at first but got hang of it was on ground floor no. 23.
My daughter aged 7 loved the toast and cereal. After breakfast went to lovely top floor pool found a stray cat under my lounger. My daughter loved the slides i found the smallest 1 too fast.
LOL
Only bad thing was young lads banging on our door shouting foul language which frightened my daughter. Reception sorted this out right away.
Special shout out to Mohammed the bar tender my daughter lost her watch he came to our room and returned it to her. Went All Inclusive. Best holiday ever!

Room Tip: Ground floor with terrace
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stacey658
Reviewed January 1, 2013

first time staying in sharm so was a bit hesitant as everyone has said people are pushy and aggressive, not the case at all, they are lovely just have to get used to it. hotel is gorgeous, really spacious. resort area has stunning views along with the Olympic slide and pool. Food is nice, bit repetitive but nice considering it is an all inclusive, people need to stop complaining what do they expect, there is lots of variety and the hotel needs to cater for everybody! Staff are really pleasant and welcoming especially katie from guest relation, she cannot do enough for you, always asking if you are ok etc. Our room was fantastic too, again really spacious, we was in one of the club rooms so we received tea and coffee facilities which I thought was good. The beach was quite small but the pools make up for it. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will soon be returning this year! It is central to all restaurants and shops. (Photographers are lovely lads too)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends