“A fantastic experience!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
La Vita Resort & Spa
Ranked #167 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Sheffield
“A fantastic experience!”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

A fantastic hotel, where the workers can't do enough to make your stay more enjoyable.
The food at meal times is truely international. I didn't have the nerve to try 'Bird Tongue Soup' but other dishes I did try like Beverian Beef were delicious. No pork or ham dishes only down side. I missed my bacon sandwich in the mornings.
The swimming pool is the best I've ever swam in. Clean, large and not too deep (1.58m deepest). You must give the swim up bar a try a fantastic experience!
The rooms are large very clean with fantastic views. The rooms are cleaned every day and the bedding changed every day!
The stores inside the hotel complex offer great value for money. You can buy anything from clothes to jewellery, paparus to ornaments and everything else inbetween.
A truely international hotel. Many visitors from Russia and other Eastern European Countries, Germans and Egyptians too. This posed no problems at all everyone I spoke to were very friendly and hospitable.
We flew to Cairo to visit the museum and pyramids at Gizza.A must see if you are visiting. I also did 2 dives during my stay and this too was very memorable.
I will be returning in the near future for more diving and I want to see the Valley of the Kings and Queens at Luxor and I want to see the ancient city of Petra and swim in the Dead Sea. I can't think of a better place to be based than Savita Resort and Spa.

• Liked — All the workers who couldn't do enough to help you without beimg invasive, rooms, pool, food everything really.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008
4 Thank Andy082

• Polish first
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Went to the La Vita with some trepidation after reading some of the reports but thankfully both my partner and I were more than pleasantly suprised. The cleanliness of the hotel was better than most UK 5star hotels, our room was cleaned each day by the same young man and every day the bed was propped up and the underneath cleaned - put me to shame!

The main restaurant offered plenty of choice catering for all nationalities staying there, be prepared for quite a few Eastern Europeans. The food was better than expected and the pasta station fantastic. The chefs could frequently be seen around the buffet area. You can also use the A la carte, a seafood restaurant which was as good as you would find anywhere in the world. What really impressed us were the staff, in the restaurants and bars all the staff were very friendly and extrememely helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

All areas of the hotel - the pool, restaurants, rooms are constantly supervised to ensure the high standard which impressed us and has made our minds up to return.

4 Thank pauline24
blackpool
Reviewed August 16, 2008

31st july-15th aug
the hotel is set in lovely gardens,the pool is huge and clean.some staff very friendly others not so. the staff are happy to help but expect a tip, take pound coins for this and the service gets better!
the guys at the pool will save beds for you for a tip. at busy times you wont get a bed because they are all taken by six am!!
the staff come round the pool everyday trying to sell hair braiding,manicure etc, this can get a bit tiring but they dont earn a great deal so a no thankyou will surfice.
the water sports guys come round as well but are less pushy.
the dive centre was the highlight of our hol. me,my partner and my 13 year old son have open water,my step daughter didnt,she took it there in 4 days and was able to come diving with us. a quick mention to john(gringo) at dive shop, hes great and very knowledgable about all aspects of diving and marine life. even if you dont dive its worth a walk down there to chat to him,something he loves doing!!
the all inclusive isnt ALL, drinks are expensive out of hours.
the food is ok, not really 5 star and geared up for russians,but we generaaly found something we could eat every night.
russians extremly rude and bad mannered but we ignored the bad behaviour.
the drinks were sometimes warm but the ice is fine as is the water in the coolers.
we took anti bacterial hand gel and used this after handling the money,it is very dirty!! we also took anti bac wipes and cleaned taps n toilet regular.
tummy upsets- nearly everyone gets something,but not all.its caused by the heat killing good bugs in your tum,not the food.my partner woke at 2am with bad pains and ended up on toilet for an hour,we rang the doctor who came to the room witnin the hour and gave him an injection and some tabs,in the morning he was fine. i had some stomach cramps n a few toilet issues but generally we were ok. drinking gallons of water seems to help.
we went on the camel,bedoin tent,stargazing trip,it was good value and fun. naama bay is great,hard rock is a must the atmosphere is fab.
good points
hotel is clean
reception looks fab
view amazing
diving fab

bad points
russians
not much for small children to do
no entertainment or really bad
hotel rooms not 5 star but spacious n very clean
food not 5 star but adaquate

all in all a good time had by all

• Liked — diving
  • Disliked — rude russians
5 Thank chickenegg
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Just got back and consider myself having had a great holiday!

People have to be aware though, that Sharm is an area developed totally for tourists so there is no real Egyptian culture etc, just touristy stuff in the whole area. Its for an enjoyable break, not for getting a taste of 'Egypt'.

As for La Vita (or Savita as its now called), its a lovely hotel. Very big, spacious and aesthetically pleasing. Its kept very very clean and you will see cleaners all day and night keeping the place pristine. The location on Sharks Bay gives a breathtaking view. We had a room in a seperate block which was fantastic as we had two small pools that were very quiet and private as well as being able to go to the main pool, which is amazing.

The excursions are all good but dont book with the reps, sit by the pool and staff walk round and discreetly approach you. They will give you at least £10 off per person.

Everyone gets the 'Egyptian Weight Loss Plan'. We all had tummy upsets and so did everyone we spoke to. I was ok until I had water from the water dispenser in the restaurant. Its from a container so is supposedly mineral water but the containers look old so I was suspicious. I avoided it for over a week and gave in at the end of my second week which was when I got my tummy upset!

There is no entertainment in the evening. The little there is is terrible. Take a pack of cards or go to Na'ama Bay.

Unfortunately you find yourself getting annoyed at the attempts by the hotel to get more money from you. The All Inclusive stops at 11pm, after that you pay £4 for a drink! Also the All Inc dinners are only in the main restaurant. You get one night free in either the Seafood restaurant or the Big Horn Grill yet you still have to pay for your drinks. We were angry as we had paid for All Inc. at this hotel but apparently All Inc doesnt mean All Inc, it means some things at some times!

Good points:
- Staff are lovely and accomodating.
- The snorkeling is amazing.
- Only £5 in a taxi to Na'ama Bay or Old Sharm.
- Housekeeping every day.
- Good rooms.
- Hotel very clean.

Bad points:
- You WILL get an upset tummy. (everyone does)
- Drinks were warm and small.
- All Inclusive not exactly All Inclusive!
- Food not great, more geared for the Russians.
- No entertainment in the evening, well a very poor bash at it!

All in all I had a great holiday though!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Drains/Water sometimes smelly in bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank BecSawtry
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This was our third visit to Sharm after staying in the Hilton Sharks Bay and the Renaissance - I can safely say that this hotel does not compare with these hotels in the slightest. Whilst the actual building is attractive and the coral reef is excellent as are the rooms the buck stops there.

We discovered the need to enter the restaurent as it opened otherwise the food would be reduced to looking like slop once the other guests (all russians) had got to it. One evening we ate in the seafood restaurent which was a very pleasent experience although the following day two other members of my party were violently sick and had very bad dirrhea. The hotel was very prompt to sort the matter out although unfortunatly we had to miss a trip to Cairo that cost £450 GPB. There were many little details missed out at this hotel such as waiter service, sun loungers, PADI dive centre, NO Asian restuarent and many more.

Please be aware that there will be a lot of russains and only about 10% english guests at this hotel. I myself refused to label a nationality before I visited the hotel but believe me when I say they WILL be rude and they WILL take everything they can - sitting on your own towels and refusing to give them back to you, for example.

In summary this is not a 5* hotel as advertised on the hotel website i'm afriad to say its probably not even a 4* but as long as you go here not expecting 5* quality you will be fine. We however were expecting 5* and the price we had paid only added to our expectations and were very dissapointed with the hotel

• Liked — The coral reef
  • Disliked — Food, lack of service, ridiculous hotel rules and Russian guests
south wales
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My husband and I arrived on the 8th July 08, I only booked a month before and we had it quite cheap. It was very clean hotel and the food was good but after a week I suppose it would get on my nerves. Only probs I found were the electric went off now and again and the Russians are a nightmare - so rude but I was just rude back!

We went Quad biking and went into nama bay also. Overall it was a good break and it was very hot however if I had paid more I would have been annoyed as I know loads of other people who have stayed in Sharm and had much nicer hotels.

• Liked — beach/snorkelling
  • Disliked — russians
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
lancashire
Reviewed July 23, 2008

well i would like to say i arrived at the Savita on Sunday 6th July with my husband and 3 sons in toe. And can i just say we had a Fab time. Cant understand all the reviews of the moaning sods who dont like the foreign people what are you talking about dont go abroad then its as simple as that.

We had a lovely time the hotel was spotless the rooms spotless the food was ample and like the previous reviewer said plenty and enough for all tastes. I agree with the irish gent If you want bangers and mash go to blackpool!!!

The spa facilities were brill too i recommend them defo it was great to be pampered.

The egyptians are lovely people and love the british they really look after you and always have a smile even though they work like dogs for peanuts!!!!

The only gripe i had was the internet access was really useless could never log on in the whole 2 weeks we were there. But i supposed that forced us to relax more and not get to involved with things happening back home. So good thing really.

I would highly recommend this hotel for people for all walks of life.

The kidz had a briiliant time especially out 18month old who loved the attention and the freedom to just walk and run around. the place is so safe and so are the people. the egyptians absolutely adore children and dont like to see them upset.

There are a 4 different pools we used the main pool when we wanted a busier day and more going on and the quieter pool behind reception for a quieter day. All were cleaned to the highest of standard.

The resturant at the pool bar in the eve is free once only for the time of your stay this goes for the fish resturant too which are both excellent the only thing you have to pay for are your drinks and they are served ice cold and in bottles with proper glasses.

If you are going to venture into Naama bay BEWARE you WILL be hounded and it does get annoying and it is not nice its a bit rough around the edges and if you decide not to go well you not missing anything just saving on the taxi fare.

So people who are thinking of trying this hotel go for it you will not be disappionted...and just ignore the grumpy, moaning, miserable reviewers.

We will return in the future but maybe for a week next time as i found the weather a little too hot for me.

• Liked — spotless and the egyptians are wonderful people
  • Disliked — n/a
2 Thank bello36