“An excellent hotel”

Ranked #113 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a lovely relaxing stay here. The hotel was very peaceful and we were glad that we had chosen this area over the noisier areas of Sharm. Whilst a peaceful hotel, we were close to plenty of amenities, within walking distance of a beach and could cheaply get a taxi to a more lively area if we wanted. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful without exception, the rooms clean and grounds well maintained. The food was consistently delicious. There was a self service buffet for all meals. The choice was substantial, ranging from local fair to more standard European offerings. Beauty/spa treatments are available (and were very good) and are currently done in a covered area by the pool. A special mention goes to the hotel manager who made a point of checking that all of his guests were happy. We were!

Room Tip: We had a room with a garden view and it was really peaceful, but I don't think that any of the r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarah B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cumbria
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner and myself wanted a quiet chilled out holiday and that's just what we got perfect location, hotel and weather. The food was very good and varied, the staff were extremely helpful and our room was just fine for us. We spent our time relaxing by the pool or on the beach which is only a few minutes by the shuttle bus there were obviously the trips and excursions but we did not want those as we went to totally relax. I'm not sure this would be an ideal place for the younger party generation and apart from the pools I don't think it's the place for young children as we didn't see many there at all during our two weeks. On the whole we loved it and are returning again next April.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank CumbriaSunray
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It was mine and my boyfriend's first time visiting Egypt. We were hoping for a good value for money hotel that was safe, well maintained, with a pool and friendly staff. Sharm Reef is all of these and more. On our first day we had a meeting organised for us with a rep, who took us through all the different types of excursions and day trips available to guests (who are offered an exclusive 15% off if you book through the hotel). We only stayed for 5 days, but our stay was wonderful. The staff can't do enough to help you, and the hotel manager is always around to help you if you have any questions. We were automatically upgraded to a family apartment with an amazing view of one of the swimming pools (there are 3!). At the front of the hotel there is a manned gate, where the staff are happy to call you a taxi to any of the very local tourist places, such as the beach, Naama Bay or The Old Market. A lovely stay and highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford
Reviewed May 17, 2013

As a first trip to Egypt I can honestly say it was one to remember and we will definitely be going back.

Sharm Reef was excellent value for money for a 3/4 star hotel. The food was varied and tasty and kept my 7 year old daughter happy with omelettes for breakfast and pasta whenever she wanted, along with anything else that took her fancy. There was obviously lots more to choose from including vegetables, meat and salads. I didn't intend on drinking much alcohol, so I managed to obstain with just a few glasses of wine with dinner which was totally fine and drinkable. The local spirits were a little 'harsh' so we avoided those and had a beer now and again instead.

The staff at the hotel were exceptionally friendly and helpful, which is what stood out most for us on our holiday and what made our stay so enjoyable. As a single female taking her mum and daughter on holiday this was extremely important and a bit of a concern before I went over. The Egyptians are exceptionally family orientated and another reason to make this a favourite holiday destination for everyone.

Mohamed the general manager greeted us on arrival and was always around throughout the day, which really made us feel welcome. The holiday was intended for pure relaxation, which is why I chose Sharm Reef; with just one night a week of entertainment our evenings were relaxing with no concerns over blaring music and noisy bars in the hotel. The pools were big enough to feel like our own and shallow enough for me to feel that my daughter was safe without the need for constant supervision.

We took advantage of the poolside massage which was great, to the point that we went from booking one massage to four gently encouraged by Ah Med and his brilliant team!

The excursions we later discovered (unsurprisingly) were more expensive booked through the agent who visited the hotel, but it gave us peace of mind as it was our first trip to Egypt. Tiran Island is a must for snorkelling as well as Star Gazing, which took us to the desert for a camel ride, a visit to the Bedouin people and to see the stars through a telescope which was fantastic. The Aqua Park which is only a 5 minute taxi ride from the hotel is also worth a visit if you've got children, although just as much fun for adults! This is not worth booking through an agent though; just jump in a taxi and get there, it's bound to be cheaper.

The beds were even more comfy than mine at home and I had the best sleep ever. Our superior room was lovely and more spacious than the standard ones which I'd recommend.

I didn't know of any children's clubs or activities in the hotel, which I'm sure I'd read about being there -however that didn't matter as the pool was enough to keep my daughter entertained. Beaches and other resorts such as Naama Bay are a short taxi or shuttle bus ride away.

I am hoping to go back this August!

Room Tip: Go for a superior room for more space and closer to the pool. This also gave us access to another po...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Murtle09
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A group of 4 20 something singles stayed at this hotel from april 22nd to may 6th 2013 and had a great time! The rooms were very clean and as expected cleaned everyday.

All staff are very friendly and helpful and are willing to assist anyone at any given moment.

The pool and the pool bar is lovely but the all inclusive alcohol is a little weak but still very much drinkable but for the price we paid it was expected and still well worth the trip (troubleshoot this by stocking up on alcohol in duty free at your uk airport) the pool bar closes at 12am and they leave the lights on until 1am but they are more than happy for you to continue sitting and drinking your own alcohol.
If you would like to purchase alcohol locally, the local shops sell "ID vodka" which is just like Smirnoff and of course loads of different beers.

The food is nice but after two weeks gets a little repetitive but that would be the case in any establishment no matter how much you pay for a holiday.

None of us got ill but then we didn't touch any ice, water, salad, or unpealable fruit.
We also all brushed our teeth in bottled water.

Local supermarkets are good but the best we found was the metro supermarket which is about a 5/10 minute walk but is £2 in a cab! (No matter where you are going make sure you agree a price BEFORE you even set foot in a taxi)

We went out for a few meals and have to say they were all good!

1) hyatt regency (just past naama bay)
Amazing thai food, ring to book beforehand and ask to sit outside. The views are amazing and after 6 or seven cocktails and a £40 bottle of wine and a big main each the bill was only £130!!!!
In London it would've been a lot more!
(The water and ice here is mineral and perfectly safe!) but make sure you are dressed up and men wear full length smart trousers. As they will supply you with them on arrival! Highly embarrassing!

2)Cafe royal (a rooftop restaurant across the road to the left of the sharm reef hotel)
We had steak and mash and again cocktails (mineral ice)
The steak was lovely as was the mash and the owner is lovely and english born.
That was about £30 a head but again lovely!

3)onions (restaurant not vegetable)
Across the road in the IL merkato shopping centre to the right hand side.
Again we had steak and lamb shanks here and it was around £30 each but that was no alcohol (which as you would gather from the previous mentions in this review, is some feat!)

4) Mc Donald's
I dont care where you are in the world you have to keep it real! The food here was nicer than Britain and the selection is the same with many tasty extras, like the mc chicken big mac! Amazing! And still only £3.90. I wouldn't of trusted the ice though and we all made sure we used hand sanitizer before picking up any food with our hands!

5) Hard rock cafe (naama bay)
Good food! Again no ice but not expensive. About a tenner a meal with drinks on top.

Excursions are a good idea but if you are tight on budget lots of local shops have good deals if you barter. They are used to this and set the prices with room for movement) we went to a guy in iL merkato on the right hand side just under the arch called Shady. Nice guy and not a rip off merchant.

We went quad biking which was great, we went to space nightclub on a £20 all inclusive deal ( great music on a hip hop night but the all inclusive alcohol was crap unless you paid for it, which we did! About a fiver for a vodka)

We also went to tiren island which involves getting on a boat and going to a local islands reef. You make 3 stops and get off the boat and snorkel each time. Its good but to be fair the beach that is attached to the hotel (a free shuttle bus takes you and brings you back and beware of departure times) is just as good and the minute you get in the water its like an aquarium-Incredible!

We all had a brilliant holiday and had a great time in Egypt. Definitely worth it!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Lukeybo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have just come back from staying, and were pleasantly surprised how lovely and friendly all the staff were, we went all inclusive and there was good selection of food. We spent my birthday here and was surprised to find a bouquet of flowers given to me and also birthday cake made out of towels in my room, and in the evening got presented with a real birthday cake and candles in the restaurant, truly lovely place to stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom C
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

On arrival we were automatically upgraded to a suite, although I am often cheeky and ask for an upgrade I didn't even need to ask.
I could spend time commenting on the dated fixtures but in reality there was everything I needed to enjoy a holiday. The aircon, fridge, TV, super kingsize bed and large shower made the room perfect.
The hotel manager and his staff were so helpful and they could not do enough for you, often asking if they could help with anything, this makes me confident that if we had any problems they would have done everything to fix them (alrhough i can't be certain as I had no complaints)
The restaurant was perfect for me as a vegetarian plenty of choice and in 8 days I didn't get board. There was fried eggs/omletes made to order at breakfast and made to order pasta at lunch and dinner as well as an ample buffet.
The huge pool kept everyone happy which meant we could enjoy the smaller pool often to ourselves, although we are early risers anyway there was no problem in getting a sun beds.
The location is perfect as it is opposite a shopping area, which has everything from mothercare to Starbucks with local shops and bars to balance it out.
We took the free shuttle to the beach, again a great service as it runs throughout the day but we also enjoyed the stroll back so only took the bus one way in the end.
I rarely go back to the same place so am unlikely to go back however if I could pick this hotel up and take it with me I would stay there over and over again.

• Stayed May 2013