“Relaxed diving in a professional atmosphere”

Oonas Dive Club Hotel
Ranked #79 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Another great week's diving with Oonas Dive Club. The choice of sites was superb, with a mixture of Ras Mohammed and Tiran sites - including my favourite, Shark and Yolanda - and two dives off Tiran Island, with an exploratory dive, which proved to be pretty stunning - and a lovely turtle which seemed to follow us the whole dive! As usual, the boat crew were friendly and helpful; the dive guides - Amy and Jonathon - professional and knowledgeable, and the centre staff - Nick and Corrie, welcoming, and treating everyone as old friends!

For relaxed diving in a professional atmosphere, you really can't beat Oonas.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I just love this place...... 10 Days diving in wonderful waters seeing wonderful things!
Great people and great place. Just can't help returning regularly to see my Egyptian family!
You may arrive alone, but you will leave as one of the family. Great instructors. Great boats. Great crew. Great restaurant staff. What mor could you want?!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Better view and breeze on top rooms, but stairs to climb...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Location is perfect, very beautiful and clean hotel, friendly crew (especially Hegazy in the restaurant) food is nice and tasty.
I got my advanced open water certificate from there, Instructors in the diving center are very professional I'm so happy with it and I love the place.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 7, 2014

From the moment you arrive at the airport Oonas look after you the whole holiday, I have just returned again from another trip and it was as good as the first experience but also meeting people from previous visits, this speaks for itself the number of people who return time and again. For anyone thinking of diving its the best place in Sharm to learn.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JohnWilliams3737
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've just returned from a wonderful 8 days of diving with Oonas.

I was a little nervous of diving again but needn't have worried. The staff knew I was anxious and went out of their way to look after me and make sure I was okay. I did the Open Water Advanced Course with the wonderful Duncan who was patient, calm, professional and utterly competent. In fact all the Dive Centre staff were wonderful and I feel that I was supported in a journey from nervous inexperienced diver to somewhere near competent diver in my time there. One of the great things about Oonas is Beer O'clock which is the gathering of all the divers and dive staff in the bar at the end of the day for beer, chat and socialising.

The boat crew were also fabulous, especially Ahmed who has apparently crewed for Oonas for 25 years. They were all attentive and helpful and great fun. Having Ahmed blow up the cuff of my wet suit to help me get it on is something I won't forget!

The hotel was very nice and the staff very helpful. It is immaculately clean and has everything I could have needed. The balconies all have sea views. The food was good and reasonably priced.

Overall, if you want a great social dive holiday in a basic but very nice hotel with friendly attentive staff I can not recommend Oonas highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have just returned from a week at Oonas doing our Open Water diving course. We picked Oonas on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews and this proved to be a great decision. From the moment we were greeted at the airport to the time we said our goodbyes at the end of the week everyone we met at Oonas was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The hotel is basic but has everything you need and it was lovely to sit on the balcony in the evening watching the world go by. The restaurant is very reasonably priced and did great food for lunches as well as delicious ice creams. It was also a fantastic place to relax in the evening after a day's diving. Most importantly the diving course was excellent. With just two of us on it our instructor was able to concentrate on just us which enabled us to progress at our own pace. The days on the dive boat were great with the dives being very well run with detailed, interesting pre-dive briefings and the emphasis on safety as well as enjoyment. The boat staff were incredibly helpful and couldn't do enough for us throughout the day. All in all a wonderful holiday at a very reasonable price and we definitely hope to return next year. Thank you to everyone at Oonas for a great week!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been to Sharm twice and both times dived with Oonas, to be honest I don't think I will ever dive with anyone else. I have stayed at Oonas and had a great time. They pull out all the stops to make your holiday special. I have also just joined the boat for a few days, which was also brilliant! The staff on the boats are second to none and safety is a priority. The rooms are basic, but have everything you need. Very clean and tidy. Carry on guys, you are doing a great job!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo