“you will starve.”

Ranked #130 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Lincoln
“you will starve.”
Reviewed October 3, 2008

We have just got back from staying in this hotel, myself (30), my parter(28) and my 2 year old son. When we first arrive we thought the surroundings looked nice and were pleasantly surprised with the exterior and the reception area. It looked well kept and clean. Then we were taken to our room that was quite small and the bathroom with a dodgy shower that when you used would not go down the plug hole so you were nearly giving yourself a bath at the same time. The pools were all lovely and the staff were all very friendly, they had great time for my son and entertained him alot. One of the staff goes round selling papers and magazines in the day time while you by the pool and only the 2nd occasion we bought some we realised we were being charge nearly £8 for a paper and a mag thats about a pound over here...be sure you understand the money as several times were ripped off.
Don't expect to be kept amused in the night time as the entertainment the hotel puts on is crap, which to be honest did'nt bother us cos we were in bed early with my son. (thank god)
My main problem with this resort was the food...We are not remotely fussy and usually would try all sorts but this was just horrendous. I lived cheese sandwiches and chip sandwiches for the week as did my partner and my son...who actually towards the end stopped eating altogether. Because alot of peple there were ill with a tummy bug..we had to be so careful about the water and would not let my son drink any of the juice so instead when he wanted a drink we had to go to the shops and buy him bottled water or juice. We paid all inclusive but were raging now. Your better off going into naama bay where there is a selection of nice places to eat..ie...hard rock cafe and TGI Friday's. To be honest I will never stay here again and there is NO WAY it's a 5 star...I would class it more a 3 star.

• Liked — pools
  • Disliked — food and bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wakefield
Reviewed September 7, 2008

When we stepped off the plane, the first thing that hits you is the heat. I have traveled abroad many many times but haven't experienced heat like it.
The hotel is a quick coach trip away, ours was air conditioned and comfortable.
A tip is to tip!!! Especially your waiter and room service. Your tip will be remembered postivley!!!
rooms are comfortable and air conditioned. remember your plug in citronella!!!!! It keeps the beasties away I promise.
As there are so many restaurants lots of variety in the food dept. Book in advance for the speciality restaurants. I can highly recommend the Bedoquin Night.
Pools clean and entertainment good. Top kids club.
Loved this holiday

• Liked — The warm atmosphere
  • Disliked — leaving!!!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank mammievic
Glasgow
Reviewed June 3, 2008

After reading mixed reviews about Dream Vacation myself and partner were slightly apprehensive about going there since we were at Cape Verde last summer in an all inclusive Riu hotel, I can honestly say Dreams Vacation beats last year hands down. It was BRILLIANT!!!. I honestly dont know where th bad reviews are from?!

Upon arrival at the airport we joined the queue to obtain a visa so that we could visit Cairo during the week. This queue moved quite quicky and it wasn’t long until we were through immigration complete with “stamps”

CHECK IN - Upon arrival at the reception we were met by a friendly receptionist that spoke great English. Check in was easy and our names appeared on their list….good start! The safe was free to use, however it wasn’t actually attached to anything as I found out when I gave the door a tug one day and it moved. It did weigh a ton though. Check out was 12 noon, there was an option to keep the room on if you had a late flight.

ACCOMODATION – before goingto the hotel I emailed them requestion a double room as opposed to a twin room. On arrival we were given a ground floor twin room and after about 5 mins called to say we had the choice of another room and would we like to see it. This was a massive double room but it didn’t have a balcony. This was no problem to me as we have never sat out on the balcony on any other holiday, the extra space in the room was great. The room was lovely and clean, the air conditioning working perfectly well. There were extra duvets and pillows in the wardrobe to use. Towels were changed daily and the pool towels were with a card system of one towel per day.

WEATHER – All I can say is fantastic, not too hot in the day and a lovely temperature not to have to bother with a cardi at night.

HOTEL SHOPS – Fixed price shops that are quite reasonable. Selling lots of things from the usual holiday tat to sun cream, aqua shoes, Pringles and chocolate. You can also get your photos developed, not sure of the costs tho.

HOTEL PHOTOGRAPHER – fun lad that will get you into a number of poses then you’ll be hassled like mad to buy the pictures, I have to say though his pictures are great quality and he’ll merge two or three together to make a nice souveneir.

BARS – reception bar is open 24 hours. Wine isn’t free after 10pm, the beer is and is quite drinkable.

OTHER RESTURANTS - Mexican, the food is lovely - there really is too much food esp when you have the 4 courses. The service is a wee bit slow but it is a lovely night for doing something different just make sure you’ve a good 2 hours to spare. Why rush on holiday.

SELLERS AROUND POOL – during the day you’ll be approached by sellers around the pool, Henna tattoos (haggle like mad) news papers, about £4 and they’ve already been read a few times, I bought one to find the suduko already done…and it was 3 days old! Trips, diving, massage. If you’re polite and just say no thanks they do leave you alone. Or if you want to talk they'll give you all the time in the world. The lad selling the trips was great and said if i wanted to stay he'd marry me......usual holiday banter, certainly boosts the old confidence :-)

FOOD – We found the food to be really good. There was plenty to choose from and always fresh food being brought out. The pizza and pastas were lovely and the puddings brilliant!!!! Crepes at the pool and beach were a welcome snack some afternoons. I ate the salads and drank juices with ice and had no tummy trouble bother at the hotel.

POOLS – Pools were great and seemed clean. They were also a lovely temperature. At Dreams Vacation it is a quieter pool and at D Beach it’s more of a fun atmosphere, guess it depends what you like and the ages of your party. The water slides are quite good fun. its only a 10 mins walk between the hotels or you can get the Taff Taff.

LOCATION – Dreams Vacation is located at an area called Tower, its about 10 mins from Namma Bay and I’d say this is perfect. It costs LE 30 to get into Namma Bay and the hotel taxi will return for you to save haggling with the blue and white taxis. There is no airport noise, its close to the old town for a day out and according to one taxi driver one of the best hotels and he would choose it due to the private beach, there are so many hotels in land in Sharm with no beach access.

HAGGLING – best to read the forum but be warned you are supposed to haggle in the chemists too, it’s the last thing you feel like when you’re ill too but be warned.

BEDOIUNS - the kids hassle you like mad to buy their stuff but its cheap enough to get a wee thing to keep them quiet, its their only source on income.

BEACH – man made “beach” at the hotel, perfect for my partner who hates sand. The jetty into the sea is brilliant with all the fish swimming about. Be careful you don’t stand still too long or the fish might nibble you.

CLEO WATER PARK – depending on what you’re looking for from a waterpark trip would really depend if you’d bother going. I’d say it would be good for younger kids 10 – 13ish – not older teenagers who would probably want fast rides. There are about 5 good rides but a half day is enough and it’s not the cheapest day out. You are allowed to wear aqua shoes on the rides as the ground is scalding hot, flip-flops are no use as they fall off. The wave pool is great though. You can’t take any food or drink in although its not too badly priced in the park.

CAIRO. You can read lots of reviews on the trips to Cairo. We did a private trip that I booked at home, you can mail me if you have any questions on how I booked this. All I’d say is for Cairo, have lots of small notes for tips, you’ll tip like mad.
Had a teeny jippy tummy after the day at Cairo but considering the manky toilets from the airport and in the museum it’s hardly a surprise. Antinal sorted it out in less than 12 hours. It’s a very tiring day but had to be done.

QUADS – if you read mo other reviews you’ll see I have done a quads trip before. I thought the trip booked through our tour rep was too expensive and we mostly drove on roads and dirt tracks. There was no skidding in the sand or going really fast as per previous quad trips I’ve been on. I would say it was really safe and if it’s your first quad trip a good experience. Meeting the bedouins in the desert was an experience too, I’d recommend taking either small notes to buy their items or maybe crayons and paper for the kids, otherwise you’ll be hassled.

DIVING – Amazing, loved it. We dived with Ocean College and bought the dvd, ok it was expensive but worth every penny. I was scared at first but after the initial fear I got over it and loved it. I’m definitely going back to the Red Sea to dive again, finding Nemo was the best!

If you would like to know anything else about the hotel please just email me and ask. I will be adding some photos to this review soon of the hotel, water park Cairo etc. I’ve started nagging to book up for here next year I loved it soooooo much and would not hesitate to go back.

• Liked — the staff, the pool, the room, the food.......everything
  • Disliked — going home
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
11 Thank weeeyin
scotland
Reviewed May 31, 2008

hi stayed at the dreams vacation on 3 seperate occasions and i have to say it just gets better all the time, from the moment you enter the reception you are treated like royalty the place itself is stunning and the staff are the best iv ever came across in my many years of traveling ,they are first class workers who meet and greet everyone with a genuine friendly smile and for the amount of hours and the pay they get they never seem to be down at anytime, the food and drink at the hotel is very good a massave selection and there's also a mexican restaraunt which is second to none defo worth a visit, there's also a chinese & indian restaraunt opened so looking forward to that ,there,s so many things to say about this hotel id be here for ever without finding any faults, there are 10 of us going back in aug 2008 and my wife and i are returning for a week in november,so hopefully now we will get an invite to the xmas party,would recomend this hotel to anyone as iv done and been thanked in the past just go and enjoy. Robert and Rta McMillan Scotland.

• Liked — very clean and modern
  • Disliked — loved it all
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank haufmaster
leeds
Reviewed May 26, 2008

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and 7 year old son and had a fantastic holiday!!

The pools are great....the staff are friendly....the skies are blue! Perfect!

The hotel is really clean, the food in Andalucia can be a bit repetative but the fresh pasta station is great!

If you tip the waiter and the maid they will look after you all your holiday! They prefer sterling so take pound coins, we normally found a couple of pound kept them happy!

Make sure you wash your hands after handling their money as this is the main cause of Pharos revenge!!!!

A great holiday for young and old alike, a word of warning though - if you would prefer not to visit when the Russians do avoid goingbefore May!!!

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — Repetative food
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank katslater
Newport
Reviewed May 16, 2008

Just got back from a weeks stay at the Dreams Vacation Hotel, and we are already planning to go back next year I think this speaks for itself. My boyfriend and i went with two friends and there two children, we had a really good holiday the children enjoyed it and all in all for us that was the main reason for staying in this hotel as they had 9 pools between this hotel and the sister hotel the Dreams Beach including 3/4 water slides.

The entertainment was ok, i think they tend to cater for the German market more than the Brits, but it was fine. they also had a kids club and we could set the time by the dancing entertainment team at 10 and 4 they would do a little dance by the end of the holiday we have mastered it!!

The Dreams Vacation is more the quieter hotel of the two although we did go in term time, if you do want a more busy pool side the Dreams Beach is the place to be this is only a Taf Taf ride away or a 5/10 min walk away. i would suggest one Taf Taf journey just to say you did it and survived. lol

The rooms are clean and tidy, all you need really. Our friends had two rooms with ajoining doors for the children's room (which by the way was huge) the kids loved this idea of having there own room, just push something against the doors to keep them open, as we found out they only open from one side and they got locked out!The cleaners are great the one day i was ill and asked to not come in they still left 2 bottles of water, coke and sprite the tip the beginning of the trip paid off.

There is a beach area attached to the Dream Beach but not beach as you know it, we just used it to get to the jetty where you can snorkel, the kids were a little scared as the water is quite deep but we did them in and it is well worth a look, the sea is quite clam here so you don't need to be an excellent swimmer. While we where there we went on the Red Sea Cruise (booked through Thomson) that was well worth the money we had 3 stops to snorkel off the boat, although the first was very choppy (can't help the wind), i would suggest a life jacket just for peace of mind as i am quite a strong swimmer and it caught me off guard but the divers you have with you were amazing and if they thought you were in trouble they would offer a helping hand. Food on the boat was lovely and the views from it you can't imagine! Well worth it.

Don't bother with the £1 tips as they can't change it to Egyptian pounds unless they can change it with Brits, stick to there currency.

Out of the 6 of us i was the only one to get ill out there, it only lasted a day stayed in bed all day and night, felt better the next day drink plenty of water, i did the Alcohol gel after the money, not eat the fruit all the stuff you have read, i think if your going to get ill you just will it's didn't spoil my holiday though the one thing i would say is if you have any trips you want to do, do them straight away just in case you do get ill. The rep recommend Antinal but i didn't have that as it was only a day, don't use Imodium as the bugs needs to get from your system.

Try the different restaurants on site some you have to pay for some you can use once on your trip for free, the Mexican was lovely well worth a visit (£11pp). the main buffet restaurant was ok, you would get stick of the food if you were there for more than a week, but that's where the other restaurants come into play.

Namma bay is worth a look, pre book your return taxi with the hotel it was £6 for all of us return, or there is a free bus service from the hotel, when you get dropped off everyone get dropped at the same place bit mad once you've got further in past the people trying to sell you taxi's and drinks in bars it's fine, they will spot your all inclusive bands and say that there brother works therr and all sorts just get past that and browse around.

All in all a really good time, can't wait for next year!!!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lewis-Jones
UK
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I've just returned from a week at this hotel and after reading some of the reviews, I was a bit cautious.

When we got there this was all blown away. The checking was very quick, the staff were fantastic and they couldnt do enough for you

Even if you didnt want anything done, they were happy to spend 5 minutes chatting to you with a genuine friendlyness, you could tell they didnt speak because the hotel asked them to, they wanted to talk

They were also fantastic with the kids, getting them involved in the activities and getting them behind the bar to help the barman make theirdrinks.

The food was good, OK it's not Hilton type food but it's certainly good to eat and there's alway a variety, mostly english. Again Icouldnt fault the food or the drinks.

The hotel itself is very large which is nice as it means there are also plenty of sunbeds and it never seems too full. Also a rule at the hotel is they dont allow anyone to get up on a morning and reserve sunbeds, which is a plus in my book. Saying that we never struggled to get one there were always loads free.

The hotel itself has 3 pools, which were huge. I've only ever gone on holidays for 1 week at a time but this time I was genuinly sad to leave and I would have happily stayed 2 weeks. It was such a fantastic time made by the hotel, the staff and the pleasentness of the place I've booked to go back again in 12 weeks time.

Can't wait!!!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Loved it all
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends