“Absolutely Fantastic Stay”

Dreams Vacation Resort
Ranked #132 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I've just returned from a week at this hotel and after reading some of the reviews, I was a bit cautious.

When we got there this was all blown away. The checking was very quick, the staff were fantastic and they couldnt do enough for you

Even if you didnt want anything done, they were happy to spend 5 minutes chatting to you with a genuine friendlyness, you could tell they didnt speak because the hotel asked them to, they wanted to talk

They were also fantastic with the kids, getting them involved in the activities and getting them behind the bar to help the barman make theirdrinks.

The food was good, OK it's not Hilton type food but it's certainly good to eat and there's alway a variety, mostly english. Again Icouldnt fault the food or the drinks.

The hotel itself is very large which is nice as it means there are also plenty of sunbeds and it never seems too full. Also a rule at the hotel is they dont allow anyone to get up on a morning and reserve sunbeds, which is a plus in my book. Saying that we never struggled to get one there were always loads free.

The hotel itself has 3 pools, which were huge. I've only ever gone on holidays for 1 week at a time but this time I was genuinly sad to leave and I would have happily stayed 2 weeks. It was such a fantastic time made by the hotel, the staff and the pleasentness of the place I've booked to go back again in 12 weeks time.

Can't wait!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank chesterukne

Reviewed April 18, 2008

Firstly this hotel in not a 5 star by UK std but it is clean (advised to tip the cleaner £5er =50 egypt pds. This annoys me as Iwould like to tip on my say so not what people advise so the cleaner will do a "GOOD JOB"
Anyhow we did and we received our of 2 bottles of water and 2 fizzy drinks each day(not sure if we didn`t tip would we have received them...... I dont know it is in yr all iclusive package the drinks)
Very lively during the day especially around the main pool where the big blue slide is. Music, water areobic,vollyball noisy children Great for families but the couples could get away from the noise if there are up early enough to put towels on the beds down by the sea. Becareful there plenty of steps. Good work out when going back to your room!!The plastic glasses are minging by this I mean they are well scuffed , clean, but need replacing. Spirits are local and taste and smell like painter stripper .Ok with orange and grenadine or something orangy to hide the taste. Food in the main area is awfull. For a 5star this could be alot better. Other area ie. Beachgrill is really good one day it chicken ,rice ,pots and salad then its fish (full of bones) but both are really nice, Rice taste like sushi rice, yum could eat this now!! The Italian is OK but I would advise teh Asia House and the Mexican In Dreams Vaction. You have to pay for the food but the drinks is still part of the all inclusive package. Not expensive at all. Foodis great on both restrauants.
Entertainment is now much to write home about. Best when the audience take part. AFter a few beers anything is funny.
Think the animation are more interested in each other!!!.
Please do walk or get the yac yac (mini train) to Dreams vacation.Its alot more peaceful there and the bars is one long one instead of being alover the place. Then animation team seen to enjoy their job more here )might be because they are egyptians) and not into each other!!! Went to Naana bay to the Hard Rock this was great Naana Bay shopping area is busy lively well worth a visit. Dont bother with the glass bottom boat More travelling then snorkling.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2008

We arrived in Sharm on 7 April and received a very warm welcome from the staff at this hotel.

This was a sign of things to come, to summarise; my partner and I had tears in our eyes on the last night of our holiday while reminising over the week's stay.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel was always spotless & clean, staff always on hand to serve you. They were genuinely interested and although some of them do try and sell you trips and so on, they are not at all agressive, if you're not interested they will still bid you a nice stay and greet you by your name the next time you see them.

The all-inclusive buffet has everything for every taste and you can also book into other restaurants for a change. We particularly enjoyed the Mexican, which you have to pay for but well worth it - 4 courses and drinks for approx £10 each- can't complain at that!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank caz111175
Reviewed March 28, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Dreams Vacation in Nov 06. We booked a cheap late deal and therefore didn't have high expectations.
When we arrived we were checked in quickly and a porter showed us to our room. We stayed on the ground floor which I wasn't too keen on but it came in handy when grabbing our sunbeds each morning!
The rooms are basic - but then again you don't spend a lot of time in them! We had everyrthing that we needed.
I can understand what some people say about the food, it was average. My boyfriend is far from picky but even he found it difficult to find something he liked in the buffet restaurant somedays! On these days we lived on salad, bread, pizza and pancakes! Neither of us got an upset tummy whilst away so it wasn't all bad!!
We dined at the mexican which was lovely but was extra money.
The all inclusive drinks are quite poor at this hotel. I am a vodka drinker but the vodka and lemonade tasted more like paint-stripper! I ended up drinking lager, which was ok, for the the rest of our time there. I think you can request imported spirits but you have to pay.
The pools were absolutely fantastic although were very cold in November! Unless you ran and jumped you didn't want to get in!
The hotel ran a free shuttle bus into Naama Bay which we used quite a lot. Naama bay has lots of restaurants (A Hard Rock Cafe which was fab!), casino's, shops. Beware of the guys lining the streets, they will try and convince you to go in their shops and then you feel like you can't leave without buying something! We just told them all that we had no money with us and that we would go back the next day - they know you are lying!
We went on an organised boat trip just viewing the coast line, I didn't go in the sea but now wished I had experienced the snorkelling. My boyfriend said it was amazing - the best he'd ever seen!
A few people we got talking to had been quad biking in the desert and that it was great fun.
All in all we had a great trip to Sharm El Sheik and will more than likely return.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank LUBEYLOU
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Stayed at Dreams Vacation at the beg. March for 10 days, glad I did not listen to the travel agent.
The resort is a lot bigger than I expected though as Dreams Beach and Vacation just seem to roll into one, Thomsons lead you to believe there are 300 rooms we had room no.5838, speaking to the rep he said that from the left of reception around the pools were 300 rooms, saying all that and both resorts full we never had a problem getting a sun bed or seat in the main restaurant, just avoid eating at 7pm for about half an hour though.
The food in the main restaurant is very good with a great selection. Pergola nice food but not really Italian. Mexican was very nice and costs about £18.00. Beduain is really fun as you get entertainment as well not sure how much this cost as we got it free.Asian is now open and well worth going to the food is really good, again costs about £18.00. To be honest though as this is A.I. unless you have a special occ. I would stick the places that are included.
The beach was a bit of a let down, never any where to sit so we would walk down and have a swim/snorkle (the fish are amazing) then go back to the pool.
We did 2 trips with thomsons,( you can do it alone, but the groups are very large and no guard) Cairo by air £155 each but well worth it we had a great guide for the whole day and an armed guard plus a secure coach to leave things in.
We also did a red sea cruise £35 each very good value only about 20 people, 2 snorkeling guides to take you in the water a rep and the crew to look after every one.
Hotel is very clean large rooms all look out over pools, and nothing is too much trouble for the room boys you just have to ask.
Down side:- being pestered to have massage around the pool, a friendly no will not stop them.
Ladies if you do have a massage make sure it is with a female, esp. if you go to the spa.
Whatch out for the men trying to sell you things at the pyramids they say it is a gift then demand money, open your purse and their hand is straight in. Our guide said you have to be rude to get rid of them.
If like me you like coffee in your room take a kettle etc.
My regret was not going into the town all the hassleing put us off.
Have booked to go again so may be I will brave the shops.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PortsmouthUkFairy
Reviewed March 3, 2008

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank zara01
Reviewed February 14, 2008

This is the third time I hav stayed at this hotel I also hav stayed at the sister hotel Dreams Beach. and it saddens me when I read bad reviews. As yes there maybe little hicups with the hotel but they are always trying there best to improve on it. We went for 2 weeks this time we thought we would get bored of the place but no we never and on the day to come home we wanted to stay. Reason why is the resort is very clean, the staff are very friendly and look after you our room was very nice and clean our fridge was filled every day. the only problem was it was an egyptian holiday and the resort was full and very busy but the staff where very polite all times even though they where rushed off there feet. the weather was good 23 to 26 during the day chilly on the night. the food was ok large slection to choose from we ate in the pergola a couple of nights very nice also would recomend the mexican we ate there 3 times very good food and friendly staff, the aisian resterant not open yet but looked nice inside. we went to nama bay always haggle with the taxi before you get in I would also recomend you get the blue and white taxi as they are cheaper also coming back from nama bay cross the road to get a taxi then u miss the middle man out as he gets a cut. we also did quad biking it was brill booked it with tha man that comes round the pools as alot cheaper than thompsons. We also feel it is a very safe resort and will go back a lot of poeple there had been before and others said they would come back but at the end of the day it depends on what you are looking for.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends