“Not Bad”

Ranked #130 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Birmingham
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a New Year break in Dreams Vacation and had a great time! This was my 2nd visit to Dreams resorts and was as good as before. Our room was fine and was kept imaculate thanks to our cleaner ! The guys on the bars are all good. The main restaurant is fine with enough choice to ensure that there is always something for everyone. If you want excellent food go to the Asia House, you pay to eat here but its well worth the money. The New Year gala night was fabulous with a large selection of food, the only downside was when the hotel started charging for drinks at 10pm which resulted in everyone moving into the reception bar where the drinks were still all inclusive. Overall the holiday was good value for money & the fabulous weather made up for any short falls the resort had.

1 Thank David M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Well, reading other reviews looks like I must be either a liar or to have been in a different resort.
The staff at the resort are really friendly and helpful from start to finish with one exception who on the last night in the shadows stopped me as I was going to my room 5528, and effectively "mugged" me with his story of his children left in Cairo, a little boy and a 11 year old girl, telling me his salary, and how he was struggling, showing me pictures of these kids. This is my lasting memory of this place (I did report it).
I got shown to my room on the first day, and originally though it was okay, then looked in the bathroom and got a mild shock off the light switch, it was loose, it was replaced within 30 mins of reporting that was good
There is a sign in the bathroom stating it could take upto five minutes for water to heat up, I wish! it takes up to 45 minutes and even then its a luke warm drizzle.
Room 5528 is not the best room to try to sleep in as there is a motor running outside, and during the day you have the water pump for the blue water slide almost within reach of the balcony, Yes I did complain and was promised a move on more than one occasion untill I was told the hotel was full.
The food in the main restaurant was fine and no complaints, other than the mess made by the the Russian guests, who would handle food not use tongs or spoons. There is other restaurants on the site and these are excellent, I will recommend the mexican, but its not open every night
We visited the "beach" one day with its "few steps" (there is a lift). about 10meter wide strip of "sand" with a small pier, that was roped off and said "NO ENTRY" though this seemed to be ignored.
When in the bar I would asked for orange juice I always said just orange, as I'm allergic to alcohol yet on five occasions I was given vodka, but noticed before drinking, that could have had fatal consequences
I was booked on a trip to Cairo and organised a breakfast bag and wake up call for 03:30, I got a call at 04:20 informing me the coach was about to leave, the breakfast bag was there
I was unfortunate to have to need the doctor (probally the vodka) I was asked for my insurance by the doctor and "perhaps a small £20 gift"
for those bothered about these things, tiles in shower cracked, rooms clean, bed clean
Again no fault of the resort staff but because of the unhygienic other guests(russian) either side of my room there would be uneaten food left on the stairs and outside rooms encouraging flies
Entertainment, some nights it was good, but different people have different tastes, but like some I did not like sitting in a smokey bar listening to the same egyptian karoke singer, my idea of going to another country is to see and experience different cultures and I did go off on a few trips scuba diving, snorkling, to Luxor, I even convinced the rep to show me a mosque (not as a tourist, but to experience and understand better)
I will recomend Fantasia as well, for a good night
I don't think I'll return to this resort should I go to Egypt again, it isn't egypt, and my first and last package holiday
Iam sorry if this doesn't fit in with other reviewers, it reminds me of an old Monty Python sketch about Toromolinos

Room Tip: If you want sun on your balcony avoid room 5528, it never gets any what ever the time If you want t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank 12thDomino
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I agree with some of the reviews on here what are people expecting, my daughter stayed here in November I recommended this hotel as her and her partner had a bad experience in another hotel the year before. The staff really went out of their way to look after them nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were cleaned everyday and stocked up with water and sprite, there was plenty to choose from food wise, I myself have stayed here 3 times and will be going again in April can't wait to see everyone again. So a big thank you to everyone at Dreams Vacation look forward to seeing you the end of April.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank officer1955
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Reading some of the reviews on this hotel, I often wonder what some people expect when visiting a foreign country ! I have just returned from a two week break in Dreams Vacation and have had a complete ball ! This is approximatley my 10th visit to Dreams resorts and was as good as ever.
Our room was lovely - a huge bathroom - a dressing room and very large and comfortable bedroom which was kept imaculate thanks to Mohammed our cleaner !
There is a new animation team who work extremely hard and make a real effort of trying to keep the holidaymakers entertained !
Ahmed looked after us every day making sure we had sunbeds in a nice spot.
The boys in the lobby bar are all brilliant and make sure you will never be thirsty.
Lulu the sand man is ever so clever and very friendly.
The main restaurant is absolutely fine with enough choice to ensure that there is always something for everyone BUT I cannot stress enough how good the Mexican is and better still Asia House - Fantastic food !! ( you pay a small fee to eat here but well worth the money )
Thanks to all the staff for another great holiday and will be seeing you all again in June.

Room Tip: We always ask for a high floor and double bed but on the whole if you make a request - the managemen...
2 Thank chloesss10
ABERCARN S. WALES
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

we went to chill out on this holiday and we did as we wanted too. Hotel was comfortable but food was very repetative, but could always make a meal. Staff were excellent and would do anything for you. Linen was changed every day and rooms were kept clean. Beware of the sandman, should be named the conman

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alan C
rotherham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

arrived 29th dec for 2 weeks,have now stayed at all 3 dreams resorts in Egypt ,vacation was just as good as the other 2 dreams resorts . brilliant staff,staff at the bars gave a really good service Visited Asia house twice ,lovely food and service , Mexican just as expected wonderful food great service .the entertainment team did there absolute best ,but it was sometimes a little too cold to sit out at night ,thanks to melissa , zizi, betty ,arnold and the rest of the team
Went to to the beach most days ,thanks to the barman at the beach bar who brought us our cup of tea every day with out being asked, the recreation boys on the beach always got our mattresses for the sunbeds .will be returning to vacation hopefully later in the year, thank you all for another wonderful holiday

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ginotti31
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Positives : The staff were ok, the gardens were well laid out......!
Negatives: The moment we arrived in reception, my heart sank - dirty, dusty, dated decoration/furnishings circa 1970! We were taken to our room which was small and shabby. We had been travelling all day and wanted a drink - the minibar was empty and it took 45 minutes to get 2 small bottles of water to make tea. Unfortunately it was cold at the beginning of January and there was a gap around our door that the wind whistled through and the beds were rock hard. The restaurant was a disaster. Very little choice of hot food - served up school dinner style, mostly uncovered and tepid. The salads were old, dried up and on their last legs. The pasta station was just a collection of big bowls of insipid pasta with a help yourself sauce. There was food debris all over floor, the chefs had dirty aprons and there were dusty decorative features and artificial plants all around the food areas. While we ate, a 'trolley wheeled around emptying all the waste food - lovely! We heard that the on site doctor recommended that fish, eggs, chicken and milk be avoided. Also, that tummy upsets were rife and people had been put on drips, presumably to eliminate the dehydration etc effects of food poisoning and following that we noticed drip wound plasters on guests. The first evening we could not sit in the bar as it was full up. The ratio of Eastern European guests/Russians was about 80/20 and were rude, loud and mostly inebriated. It was too cold to sit outside and we returned to our room. The entertainment consisted of 2 girls jumping up and down and screaming for guests to take part in the karaoke. The local alcohol (wine and spirits) was of the 'paint stripper' variety and undrinkable. There were two other restaurants in the complex - 1 Mexican and the other Asian, but these were only open twice a week and had to be booked in advance. We decided it was not worth taking the risk eating/drinking in this resort and decided to eat our meals out. The area we were in was very tatty and slightly intimidating. We ate at branded American restaurants to be safe as the local ones were an unknown quantity/scruffy. We had heard also that people were avoiding the hotel restaurant and ordering McDonalds and Pizza Hut in their room. All this defeats the object of an all inclusive holiday. I guess if you weren't fussy about cleanliness, lived on a diet of takeaways/didnt cook in your daily life, you may consider the foregoing acceptable. Take the time to read through all the reviews.

Room Tip: If you really want to chance this place, ask for a refurbished room. We did, but ours still looked...
5 Thank BrunoMarlow