“Superb value for money”

Dreams Vacation Resort
Ranked #135 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Just returned from this location . Food was good as it was always freshly cooked , hot and a wide veriety at every meal time,dishes were replaced even before they were completely empty. couldnt have asked for better. Restaurant staff were always on hand and very pleasent. The Rooms were very nice and well spread out (so didnt get noisy,) and with nice views, they were well equiped and cleaned properly . The staff were very helpfull and sociable. The 5 pools always apeared clean, pool stafff kept the area surrounding the pools well maintaned. A very pleasent holiday in all respects. A little way out but superb if you want a nice relaxing holiday. You had the added benefit of being able to use all the facilities of the sister hotel (Dream Beach Hotel) which was right next door, in fact it felt like it was all the same complex.

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to ask for anything here as they are more than pleased to accomodate you.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank susan r

Reviewed January 22, 2012

we went to dreams vacation on the 12th of jan this year after spending a week on a thomson cruise , it was a very clean friendly hotel it was a very quiet time of year and the hotel is huge so it felt a bit empty but the staff tried their best to keep people entertained animation team are lovely and very funny , there are several large very clean pools which were cleaned out every day even tho no one was using them ,
there isnt much beach there and u cant walk out into the sea as it is on a coral reef but there is a jetty to walk out on were the fish swim around your feet which is lovely and u can snorkle at the end of the jetty , its sister hotel which is joined to it has a bigger beech which u can use , u have use of both hotels so we used there beach which was lovely ,
food was ok in the main buffet hall but we used the asian and mexican on site which we recomend they are very nice and better than the food in the buffet room even tho u have to paye for them ,
we had anice week here had nothing to complain about

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank dieselEngland
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed at the Dreams Vacation in November 2011 for 11 nights. We had a great room overlooking the pool at the fountains.

We had never been to Egypt before and what a brilliant holiday we had.

The room was spotless as was the entire hotel, the pool area was especially clean with always someone around cleaning.

We ate in the main restaurant mostly where the food was good, sometimes it was repetitive however is was good quality, hot and plenty of it.

We found the staff especially nice, went out of their way to help and be friendly. It was my birthday when I was away, i was totally overwhelmed with what they did for me. The decorated the table where we had dinner every night, sent me a letter to the room wishing me happy birthday and when all the staff came round my table and sang happy birthday in English and in Egyptian I was stunned. We ate at the Asia House twice. The Indian food was nice but I preferred the Chinese food. We also ate at the Mexican house, the night we went it was cold outside but didn't take away the food was lovely.

We had a fantastic holiday, the weather was really good, a bit cooler at night time though.

We have booked to go again this year and cannot wait to go.

I would recommend the hotel for anyone but nice for couples and people with small children.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank dawnie19
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We were there for 3 weeks over Christmas & New Year - excellent. We have considerable experience of 'all inclusive' holidays and rate this one the best for comfort, service and food. Our only complaint was with the young entertainment crew who persistently indulged their personal tastes with extremely loud; rap, beat and break-dance vocals. That may be OK in small doses but it doesn't help one to relax or read a book beside the pool, and 3 weeks of it is too much.

Room Tip: We were ground floor next to the pool and had no problems.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
11  Thank jim300
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel the week before christmas 2011. Its a very nice looking hotel, our room was massive and very clean, and the houseworking staff were fantastic. I did tip them on our first day and we always had a fridge full of soft drinks and water. The buffet resterant was ok, for breakfast we just had omletes, lunch was alot better, dinner was ok. There is always something for everyone to eat. I eat in the mexican and asia house. They are very good value for money. We had the same man singing everynight in the bar which did drive us a little crazy lol. It did take us 3 days to find the heated pools, they are located at the dreams beach, the other pools were freezing and i had my 7 month old son with us so the heated pools were great. The resort is very isolated so not for people who like to go and explore. If you walk 15 mins down the road there is a costa coffee, starbucks, mc donalds, kfc and pizza hut with a few shops. The staff at this hotel are amazing, also the thomson rep. I would recomend this hotel for a relaxing break, but i did get a little board towards the end and a week was plenty long enough. Theres not alot for young kids at this hotel so i would not recomend it for a family holiday, i would say just for couples. They were fantastic with my baby boy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank wizzyloz
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We were staying there at the end of November and the weather is quite windy and chilly in Egypt at that time. Even though the hotel has several pools, also for kids, they were completely unusable because of the freezing cold water! The pools had heating systems but the staff would just not turn heating in. So there is no way you can relax at the hotel area or use the pools because the weather is cold and pool water is freezing. We actually never saw anyone using the pools during the whole time we spent there!
It would not be such big issue, if there was a beach nearby (sea water is way warmer!). Unfortunately the beach is quite a walk distance and very small as well. The beach is actually at the middle of cliff wall and you need to take a lot of stairs and then walk to the water over a wooden bridge. There´s no really good sandy beach area where to relax.
So if you are looking for just lying around and having beach vacation, this is not the most convenient hotel for that!
However, if you have all your days planned out with trips, excursions, diving, boat trips or whatever then its nice hotel to have breakfast and dinner and spend the evenings.
We really enjoyed the food. They had great variety of different dishes, which were always fresh and tasty!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CyberSurrealist
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stayed in dreams vacation resort on the 1st December 2011 until 8th December with my 1 year old son. On arrival the staff were very helpful and check in was very quick :)

We were shown to our room and the porter brought our bags to our room. (they do except a tip but they are happy to have English pounds).

The staff were soo nice the whole time, they made an effort to make sure everything was ok.

When eating at lunch and dinner the waiters would come and ask if any more drinks were required which made it so much easier so I didn't have to get up and down with a baby.

The reception area is lovely to sit and have a drink as it is air conditioned and has some rather comfortable sofas.

Often when you are sun bathing, you are approached about day trips and the hotels restaurants but I never felt under pressure to buy and they were not pushy at all.

I ate in the Mexican resturant which has a charge but soo soo cheap and all of the drinks are still all inclusive. The food was delicious and agin the service was exceptional.

I also took my son on a day out to see a dolphin show. We were escorted buy an Egyptian boy who worked for the company we had booked thru which made me feel really safe leaving the hotel.

I also had a trip on a glass bottom boat around narma bay which was lovely also. Both of these outings were only about 20 English pounds. Very cheap if you are looking for something to do to get out of the mid day sun.

It may be worth while to attend the Thompson welcome meeting aswell as angelou (Thompson rep) was very useful and give me some great hints and tips about leaving the hotel etc etc.

The room was immaculate and was cleaned daily with fresh towels. Again the cleaner expects a tip but they only expect 20 egyptian pounds so around £2.50!! I paid my tip on the last day and he was over the moon.

Overall I can't rate my experience highly enough. It was my first time in sharm but would go back 100%

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family