We arrived late at the hotel, plated continental food supplied to our room. The hotel was clean and pleasant, we had no problems at all with that, apart from the mini fridge wasn't very cold, when we reported it, nothing appeared to be done about it. The downside of this holiday was:- All inclusive, was NOT all inclusive (1st time we have every done all inclusive) ........ yes there were fizzy drinks, local alcoholic drinks and water on offer at certain times of the day free, but come to 11pm, all had to be paid for!! Also, fruitjuice is not included in the all inclusive for children, so be warned, if you don't give your little ones fizzy drinks in England, you may have to there! If you do complain alot, then you may be lucky enough to get a bottle of juice taken to the bar for your use, ask the barmen 'nicely'. Bottles of water had to be paid for all the time. Only certain food was free at the beach bar and the restaurant, certain times of the day. The food was VERY repetative, if you didn't like pasta or rice, then you had rawish potatoes to eat! There was a lot of variety, but what was out for breakfast and lunch, were simply leftovers from the dinner the previous night.
Entertainment - we didn't need to use the kids club, but I was told that when an english family approached the miniclub for their children to attend, they were told it was only for the Italian guests! This was questioned and was in fact true, as the hotel is exclusive for italians, but as they do not fill the place, then other tour operators can then sell rooms, with this in mind, they provided an International Animation team (for entertainment), they were very good, but did not provide a kids club. Also, some of the evening entertainment was held in the Layalina bar, this is not an all inclusive bar after 7pm, therefore, you need to pay for your drinks while the entertainment is on!
Every family we spoke to, someone in their party had been ill, all 3 of us in our party were ill within the first 3 days, sickness and runs. If you do feel ill, go and see the pharmacist straight away, as he gets you sorted out immediately. The grounds do tend to be quite smelly around 9ish in the evening, as they use recycled water for watering the grass and plants, so bewarned ......... we tried to be indoors around this time. Don't use the supermarket in the shopping mall in the hotel, as the prices tend to be made up (nothing has a price on) and very expensive. There is a supermarket just outside the main doors and to the right, we used this one all the time and his prices I felt were fair. If you like to go for a walk in the evening, there is nowhere to walk to near the hotel, so you may want to take a taxi somewhere. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the snorkelling. My 14 year old daughter was fairly bored, as there wasn't anything for her to do or go, luckily she met up with some girls her own age, but then they were just wandering around, nowhere to go!
In all, yes we had a good relaxing holiday, wouldn't go to Shores Amphoras again, but that is just our opinion. I have heard of other nice resorts in Egypt, where people have not been ill (we have never ever been ill on holiday before, this was the first time), and where the entertainment has been better and all inclusive means all inclusive 24 hours a day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located up on Um El Seid Cliff overlooking the Red Sea, Shores Amphoras is ideally located in one of Sharm El Sheikh’s most beautiful areas. Situated near one of the top diving spots it is a haven for divers and snorkelers. The hotel allows you direct access to many underwater and marine wonders, the highlight being an exciting ship wreck diving site called Amphoras (from where the hotel has proudly derived its name).Shores Amphoras is 18 km away (25 minute drive) from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, and 11 km (15 minute drive) from Neama Bay (Centre). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Otium Hotel Amphoras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Amphoras Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Shores Amphoras
- Amphoras Holiday Resort Hotel