The hotel is in need of an update. The rooms are rather 'tired', the public areas are ok though. We initially found the food to be rather boring and barely warm. This altered in the last week of our holiday when the new manager Fathy El Mougy started to insert some influence.
The one great thing is the staff from Adle, Mustafa, Ahmed, and all the guys in the main restarant. Happy, Mohammed, and especially 'Messi' in the Mermaid. Mohammed Ali in the Bella Vista. Our cleaner Mustafa did an excellent job, changing bed linen and towels daily. All the bar staff, and finally the reception staff. The hotel would be a much poorer place without the wonderfull staff.
The animation team really work hard, Frances, Mohammed, and Ahmed (my new grandson), plus 'Jamaica and the lovely Russian ladies all try to involve everyone, this is hard for them with a mainly East European clientele.
The Italian guests have their own animation team who again are very friendly, if only someone could stop their two main guys singing on the beach.
We stayed three weeks and found that things got a bit repretative, the food and entertainment would help if it were fortnightly rather than a weekly programme .
That and there being only 2 or 3 British couples made it rather insular.
We think with the new management team this hotel could improve but for all this it is only a three star plus, mainly because of the tired rooms and main restaurant. Lovely grounds good beach area which is well supervised by the pool attendants.
This is a good hotel if you want to get away from the Brits and don't mind a mainly East European and Italian clientele.
Once again we must emphasise that the staff, and animation team are marvelous and cannot do enough for you, easpecially if you smile and are polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located up on Um El Seid Cliff overlooking the Red Sea, Shores Amphoras is ideally located in one of Sharm El Sheikh’s most beautiful areas. Situated near one of the top diving spots it is a haven for divers and snorkelers. The hotel allows you direct access to many underwater and marine wonders, the highlight being an exciting ship wreck diving site called Amphoras (from where the hotel has proudly derived its name).Shores Amphoras is 18 km away (25 minute drive) from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, and 11 km (15 minute drive) from Neama Bay (Centre). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Otium Hotel Amphoras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Amphoras Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Shores Amphoras
- Amphoras Holiday Resort Hotel