“Good Value for Money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo, Egypt
“Good Value for Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

- Good place and excellent value for money.

- Rooms are good and wide and the food is great.

- Beach isn't the best as it's on the hill.

- We originally booked at Shores Aloha but when arrived they sent us to Shores Amphores as Aloha is closed.

- Great place for relaxing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AliZein
Aralvarez, General Manager at Otium Hotel Amphoras, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your comments we really appreciated """""" and happy that ou got a good value for your vacation...

The Jetty in our beach area is very well like it by all guest, as we do not have a sandy beach

Sharm El Sheikh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at the Shores Amphoras Hotel in last week in May, first week in June, and I have to say I had a fantastic time. The staff were more then attentive. The setting of the Hotel was breath taking, the rooms large and spotless. The food was great! What I enjoyed was each evening you got to taste real Egyptian food. The chef's cooked food outside. The food was varied each lunchtime and evening. The waiters in the restaurant were a treat to chat to every day. Friendly, always made me feel welcome and were very attentive to my needs. I found traveling as a single person very at easy in this hotel. The entertainment team are a lovely group of people, polite, mannerly and again attentive with guests. Stopping for a chat and making sure I was enjoying my stay. I did have a few English speaking channels on my TV, but who really goes ob holidays to watch TV? I can do that at home. The pools were lovely and well maintained. Even the pool boy couldn't do enough for me. The bar staff, were down to earth and great fun to be around. I found the alcohol drinks the same as at home. From the time I arrived at the Hotel, to the time I left from the security staff to reception staff I was made most welcome. I have travelled all over the world and would consider this hotel to a more then a 5* resort with a 10* service. Will I be going back? I'd be very silly not too! Looking forward to my return trip already.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 514, over looking the fresh water pool. Highly recommend it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aralvarez, General Manager at Otium Hotel Amphoras, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you very much for all your comments and the good review about our Resort........ Really is appreciated by all of us....

Thank You!!!!

Dover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We returned yesterday after 10 days here.
As with many of the recent reviews, we were originally staying at the shores aloha but we were told on the transfer to the hotel, that it was closed.

When we checked in at Amphoras, we were informed that we were lucky as we were upgraded to to this "5*" hotel free of charge. In regards to the cleanliness and staff, this is true. Everything else is 3* or 4* at a push.

Bad points:
The food.
Lacked complete imagination. It's fine if you want rice, assorted vegetables, Egyptian beans and salad for lunch and dinner 10 nights in a row. The beef, if you can call it that, looked like the scraps you would leave a dog. Full of fat and remains of arteries. The chicken was really dry and if there was fish, it was flavourless.
I've never been to an all inclusive where you aren't served drinks. Staff aren't attentive at all in the restaurant.
The drinks.
Fine if you want a cup if water, coke, sprite etc all day every day. Local alcohol was just about drinkable.
This is the ONLY all inclusive I've been to where they don't have bottles of water included. Except the 1 bottle in your room.
Entertainment.
Lacked imagination and very repetitive. The exact same activities at the exact same time every day. I'm surprised the animation team remain so enthusiastic the whole time.
No English tv Channel's

Good points:
The staff were very friendly. Very clean and peaceful. Nice gardens and a shout out to the pancake man and Ahmed in the Palm pool bar. Really polite, as are the pool and towel boys.

Would I stay here again? NO...
Having spoken to other people on the coach transfer and the plane. For around £100-£150 more that what we paid for our hotel. They had a choice of 7 different themed restaurants, bbq lunch every day and EVERYTHING was included in their all inclusive. As you would expect.
I can't imagine what the Shores Aloha resort was like considering that was only a 4*..

Unfortunately, I wouldn't come back and I wouldn't recommend it to friends or family, which is a shame because most of the staff are very pleasant to be around.

TIP.
Haggle with the taxi drivers.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Ben W
Thank you for your review, comments such as your do help us a lot for future guest......

We did a meeting with all Departments involved , and let me tell you that new training sessions and supervision has help us a lot... Thanks to your valuable comments..

Rest assure that we are working towards better service and quality everyday....

Once again thank you and very gratefull for your help...

Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

very nice and clean hotel..service is good and Egyptians are so kind.We enjoy sunny june days in wonderful beach.At night animation is cool and the location of hotel is very good you can go to many places in sharm..quite hotel like a paradise with palms and water so nice i love it

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Manenna2013
Tony A, General Manager at Otium Hotel Amphoras, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We thank you about all your comments about our resort.....

Also we are grateful that you mentioned that you cam go anywhere in Sharm at any time, our animation team will be happy to read your review.

Once again and thank you

Egypt
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Amazing sea views almost from every place of the hotel! Rooms are cleaned every day, nice balcony, friendly and helpful stuff.
The only disgusting place is the restaurant (calls Bella Vista i think). The waiter Mohamed Ali refused to give me smoking table, he just said: "first eat, than go smoke outside"...strange and rude... if it is no smoking place he could at least say it in a polite way. Food was actually worse than in the main free restaurant)
Animation team is perfect and cheerful! Food (in the main place) is good, grilled meat or chicken almost every day, plus seafood sometimes.
Maybe I'd like to see more fruits next time))
Special thanks for Vaggio nel Blu diving school Mateo and Ashraf!

Room Tip: check the map of the hotel, I guess, 2nd floor is the best (more privacy and better view)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello aand thank you for your review......... in reference to your incident in Bella Vista I already control this situation and please acept our apolagies for this... we do have an smokers section in Bella vista I can understand our staff attitude....

I saw that you posted another review in our Bella Vista page and already answer to you!!!

I hope this incident will not refrain you to use our Resort once again.

Thank you and please aceept our most sincere apolagies

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The entrance is lovely, we had a great sea view room cleaned everyday. The food was average unfortunately they had the same things quite a few times. The drinks were ok. The Russians were very rude and there was alot of them, on the plus side we was treated well by the staff, the entertainment was good but maybe the activities in the day could be varied more

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tony A, General Manager at Otium Hotel Amphoras, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and we are happy that you enjoyed your vacation....

Thank you for the entertainment comment ,I will meet with our Animation Team to improve the program.

Thank you again and have a good evening

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have just come back,family of 5,Friendly staff,very clean,only ate once,was not for us,plenty of places to eat not far or in Namma bay,would go back.The staff was always ready to help.Entertainment staff were good also,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tony A, General Manager at Otium Hotel Amphoras, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for the review, we are happy that you enjoyed your RCI exchange vacation!!!!

We hope to see you all again at Shores Amphoras Resort!!!

Thank you and have a good day!!