We returned yesterday after 10 days here.
As with many of the recent reviews, we were originally staying at the shores aloha but we were told on the transfer to the hotel, that it was closed.
When we checked in at Amphoras, we were informed that we were lucky as we were upgraded to to this "5*" hotel free of charge. In regards to the cleanliness and staff, this is true. Everything else is 3* or 4* at a push.
Lacked complete imagination. It's fine if you want rice, assorted vegetables, Egyptian beans and salad for lunch and dinner 10 nights in a row. The beef, if you can call it that, looked like the scraps you would leave a dog. Full of fat and remains of arteries. The chicken was really dry and if there was fish, it was flavourless.
I've never been to an all inclusive where you aren't served drinks. Staff aren't attentive at all in the restaurant.
Fine if you want a cup if water, coke, sprite etc all day every day. Local alcohol was just about drinkable.
This is the ONLY all inclusive I've been to where they don't have bottles of water included. Except the 1 bottle in your room.
Lacked imagination and very repetitive. The exact same activities at the exact same time every day. I'm surprised the animation team remain so enthusiastic the whole time.
No English tv Channel's
The staff were very friendly. Very clean and peaceful. Nice gardens and a shout out to the pancake man and Ahmed in the Palm pool bar. Really polite, as are the pool and towel boys.
Would I stay here again? NO...
Having spoken to other people on the coach transfer and the plane. For around £100-£150 more that what we paid for our hotel. They had a choice of 7 different themed restaurants, bbq lunch every day and EVERYTHING was included in their all inclusive. As you would expect.
I can't imagine what the Shores Aloha resort was like considering that was only a 4*..
Unfortunately, I wouldn't come back and I wouldn't recommend it to friends or family, which is a shame because most of the staff are very pleasant to be around.
Haggle with the taxi drivers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located up on Um El Seid Cliff overlooking the Red Sea, Otium Hotel Amphoras is ideally located in one of Sharm El Sheikh’s most beautiful areas. Situated near one of the top diving spots it is a haven for divers and snorkelers. The hotel allows you direct access to many underwater and marine wonders, the highlight being an exciting ship wreck diving site called Amphoras (from where the hotel has proudly derived its name). Otium Hotel Amphoras is 18 km away (25 minute drive) from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, and 11 km (15 minute drive) from Neama Bay (Centre). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Otium Hotel Amphoras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Amphoras Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Shores Amphoras
- Amphoras Holiday Resort Hotel