Just returned from two weeks at Shores Amphora. We have been to the Red Sea four times and love the weather, the coral reefs, the people...
We exchanged our RCI weeks and were really pleased with our choice. Check=in was quick and friendly-bags ferried to our room within minutes. We had a one bedroom with small kitchen and two balconies to choose from - if one balcony was too warm, the other was shaded so we never felt uncomfortable. We didn't even need air-con, as the room was always comfortable, even when it was 35C. We had meals at the Mermaid - very good food and excellent service-my husband arranged a birthday cake on my birthday which was fabulous! And of course a birthday chorus from the staff. Meals at the Bella Italian restaurant were also very good. We used room service quite a lot which was quick and very good value-lots of leftovers for next day's breakfasAs once keen divers, but not so adventurous now, we thought the 'house reef' absolutely fabulous-we didn't feel the need to dive as the reef supplied us with wonderful marine life right before our eyes. The only (small) downside was that when the wind blew, the visibility was reduced, but it was still fantastic.
Our cleaning team was great - in fact all the staff were simply great - always smiling and helpful and probably what made our trip so comfortable.Any small defect regarding kettle malfunction or light bulbs missing was swiftly dealt with. I must mention the pools - we were just a few steps away from one of the main ones-huge, clean and warm. There was quite a choice pool-wise-the lagoon type theme stretched from the reception right down to the beach, so always somewhere to take a dip. Also, our evening salad came mostly from the hotel veg garden-so fresh!
If I were to add a negative, the evening entertainment was, at times, loud and a little annoying, but, hey, thats what earplugs are for!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located up on Um El Seid Cliff overlooking the Red Sea, Shores Amphoras is ideally located in one of Sharm El Sheikh’s most beautiful areas. Situated near one of the top diving spots it is a haven for divers and snorkelers. The hotel allows you direct access to many underwater and marine wonders, the highlight being an exciting ship wreck diving site called Amphoras (from where the hotel has proudly derived its name).Shores Amphoras is 18 km away (25 minute drive) from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, and 11 km (15 minute drive) from Neama Bay (Centre). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HRS, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Otium Hotel Amphoras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Amphoras Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Shores Amphoras
- Amphoras Holiday Resort Hotel