We arrived at reception after a long flight and we greeted nicely by reception, They upgraded us (we think) to a nicer room as i dont think the Hotel was full. Was a nice gesture from the staff.
There isnt many Brits at this hotel but to be honest that can be a good thing really (no chavs) It was mainly Italians who were nice enough and then Russians who are so grumpy its weird!! you cant get a smile out of any of them!! walked past loads on way to beach, restaurants, rooms and as you walk past someone you tend to smile and say hello. Obviously not in Russia!!
The accomodation is great, nice bathroom, decent TV, a fridge and a safe. (cleaner was a nice lad aswell)
Beach is different from the standard sandy beach but still very relaxing next to the sea, Snorkling is Quality if its not windy. Loads to see. Only downside is the jetty is tiny really and busy to get access to the sea.
Beach bar is good, pizza at 11.30 then lunch is served around 1pm.
The Inclusive Beer isnt great but then again it is free so cant complain too much i guess.
The Meals are decent too. Breakfast is pretty standard with a couple of Chefs making Omlettes and Eggs, other things on the buffet are things like Cereal, Crossiants, toast, scrambled egg etc. - Lunch is ok and Dinner is nice with BBQ every night at the main restaurant.
Going out of Hotel is always an Experience. Naama Bay was awful as soon as we got out of taxi!! Hasseled all the way to the restaurant we went to and the hasseled all the way back to the taxi! It would be such a nice place if it wasnt for the constant Egyptian guy coming up to us trying to buy my wife from me!! And also trying to get us into every shop we go past is so draining!
Went to Aqua Park which was a good water park, well worth a visit. worth going as soon as it opens as it does get busy. We were there as soon as slides opened and we had a free reign of the slides for about 30mins which was great.
I would definatley reccomend this hotel, very good value for money.
I will go back to Egypt in the future but will be prepared for Naama Bay next time! Ignore everyone!!!! ha ha.
Thanks again to hotel for a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located up on Um El Seid Cliff overlooking the Red Sea, Shores Amphoras is ideally located in one of Sharm El Sheikh’s most beautiful areas. Situated near one of the top diving spots it is a haven for divers and snorkelers. The hotel allows you direct access to many underwater and marine wonders, the highlight being an exciting ship wreck diving site called Amphoras (from where the hotel has proudly derived its name).Shores Amphoras is 18 km away (25 minute drive) from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, and 11 km (15 minute drive) from Neama Bay (Centre). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Otium Hotel Amphoras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Amphoras Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Shores Amphoras
- Amphoras Holiday Resort Hotel