Previously been to the Baron Christmas 2012 and had a fantastic time.
So we decided to return again, this is the first time we’ve ever visited the same hotel twice – been to Egypt a few times in winter, and wanted to experience the full heat of the summer sun.
On our 1st trip we had a garden view room, and whilst it was kept immaculate the sea view room is amazing & definitely worth the extra cost.
I emailed ahead of my trip and asked specifically for a room close to the Niche bar as I had enjoyed a few cigars in the Niche bar during my first visit, but recently stopped smoking so that was that out the window.
The hotel allocated me to room 345, which had a king bed, great sea views and wifi on the balcony.
Ahmed our house keeper was amazing, didn’t matter what time you left your room – it was cleaned to a very high standard and he is such a polite professional guy, nothing is too much trouble.
We tried all the restaurants this time – we didn’t make it to the Egyptian restaurant 1st time we stayed, but please ensure you visit – the food is absolutely first class, and the “captain” will certainly entertain you.
My only suggestions with the food is:
1, add some more choices to the menus as staying for 2 weeks this time around the choice felt a little limited, especially the Oasis pool restaurant at lunch time.
2, Allow guests staying AI to have a supplemented dish (ie 300g steak @ BBQ) once per week free of charge - this will give confidence that its fresh and not kept frozen in the event someone "might" order it.
I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the beach bar at sunset, where Eslam would make me random drinks of which I named one “crazy pink horse” - couple of these and well, you get the idea…
Overall the food was excellent, the service first class, and we left feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Would I return? – if I got a great deal, and the cost outweighed the additional flights & travel time from Belfast to wherever the departure airport was possibly….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh