“A pleasant enough stay”

Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #6 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice hotel, smart, well-maintained public areas and gardens. Very polite and helpful staff (perhaps erring on the side of too polite and too helpful, if there is such a thing). Nice beach and views of Tiran Island. Rooms seem to be of a good size, well maintained with air conditioning and ceiling fan. I wasn't convinced my aircon was working particularly well, but with it on, it was definitely cooler in the room than outside.

The only downside for me was the temperature in the gym. It is a small gym for the size of the hotel, 1 running machine, 2 cycles and a stepper/crosstrain machine, free weights and multigym. The machines are all relatively new and work well, however the staff in the adjacent Body Art Spa seemed to take great delight in turning off the air conditioning in the gym every time I went there. I asked why and apparently each time it was because someone was having a massage in the Spa and was getting cold. So unless you enjoy training in the heat, then I would give the gym a miss, as it's way too hot without air conditioning.

Indian restaurant and Italian restaurant both provide good food and service, but you can't just walk in, bookings have to be made by 3.30pm as I recall, so some element of pre-planning is required.

There is free wifi available in reception, enough bandwith for Facetime or similar.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ralph W
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guest recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

We feel very glad, that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and certainly we have acknowledged your valuable comments, especially about the air condition issue in the gym, for which we sincerely apologize.

We hope to welcome you in the near future once again at our resort.

There are newer reviews for Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This review is a little late so apologies . My husband and I stayed for 2 weeks in July 2013. Everything here is wonderful, it is extremely clean and very well cared for. The food here in the main buffet is of very high quality and the service is the best we have ever experienced in sharm (and this was our 17th time in various hotels in sharm). The waiters were always on hand to help you get seated push your chair in and lay your napkin across your lap and this was every meal for our whole two week stay! We did try the Italian and Indian al a carte,s and they were fabulous. Our room was immaculate and the fridge was restocked daily with just about every soft drink possible and 2 bottles of beer. The laundry service as part of the AI is amazing and a definite plus.

What I will say is that this hotel in our opinion is not for young children there are other hotels much better suited to children. It is a very quiet hotel, no music around any pools and not a lot going on. If you want a quiet peaceful relaxed and chilled holiday then this is the place for you. It is more upmarket and long trousers are required in all restaurants with NO EXCEPTIONS!!
We loved our stay here so much so we are already booked for July next year. If anyone has any questions please message me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shaz53

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guests last July and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

It’s of real delight, that we could meet your needs of a quiet holiday and we especially appreciate your so positively highlighting of our food offers and service.

We are already awaiting you next year in July for spending more relaxed and chilled weeks at our hotel.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I can only agree with all the positive reviews, the whole experience was just wonderful. The staff at the Baron are the friendliest you will ever meet, from the gardeners to the general manager. An amazing choice of fabulous food, fantastic snorkelling, (make sure you take masks and snorkels) and a completely relaxing atmosphere. I was very undecided about our choice of destination, only booking 2 weeks beforehand, but my fears were needless and we will definitely be returning.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jojones9

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We are very happy, that you spent a wonderful holiday at our hotel and we are already looking forward to your next visit for enjoying another amazing stay with us here.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Absolutely fantastic hotel. We booked this for 10 nights for our honeymoon, and it was amazing. Our room was great, with a view looking out to Tiran Island, if you can get up early 6.30 the sunset is worth seeing. Due to the problems in Cairo the hotel was not fully booked, which was a bonus for us as we didn't have to race out in the morning to bag a sunbed, there was always plenty whether you wanted to be by the pool or on the beach. Clean beach towels available everyday. We were able to book any of the restaurants on the day you wanted to eat, highly recommend the Italian this was our favourite, the manager there Omar, was very friendly and provided an excellent service. Also worth a mention is Abdul who helped to set up a romantic candle lit meal on the beach to celebrate my husband's birthday and also made sure we had everything we wanted throughout the rest of our holiday. I also have to say that all the staff were very friendly and provided an excellent service. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, with staff cleaning throughout the day in all areas. My husband had never snorkeled before and this was amazing off the jetty into the sea, he even did a 40 minute scuba dive with the Sinai diving centre situated by the hotel and he thoroughly enjoyed it. This was definitely a five star hotel with 5 star service. It maybe a bit more expensive than others but well worth that bit extra. I also have to mention the amazing laundry service they provide, Send your clothes off in the morning between 9-10 and they are back with you by 6 ish, Tshirts and shirts come back wrapped in a plastic bag as if you have just bought it from a shop! Not much washing to do after 10 days holiday. Highly recommend a visit to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alison E

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guests recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your honeymoon vacation experience and as well for the highly appreciated recommending of the same.

It was with utmost pleasure to read your so kind praises about our hotel and staff and that you had a fantastic stay with us upon your two special occasions.

We would be very pleased to welcome you soon back again at our property for more unforgettable days.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked my premium all-inclusive package march 2013, thought it would be a lovely holiday going by reviews. With everything that was happening in Cairo, being our first family holiday with our baby, I thought I had made the biggest mistake. We were a group of 6 adults and one baby, I made the booking on everyone's behalf and tried so many times to cancel and change as I was so worried, I am so thankful I didn't. Weather, food, location, cleanliness and service - could not complain once. It is a wonderful hotel.

So we stayed 26th Aug - 2nd Sept, we arrived late and they kept cold meats and breads ready for us as it was past 11pm and restaurants were closed.

Cleanliness - they clean the bedrooms every day, the pool every night, the hotel reception and lobby area throughout the day. I've stayed in Dubai many times so I didn't think this 5* would live up to 5* hotels I have stayed in, but it really did.

Hotel room - very spacious, very clean, fresh towels every day and not a single thing went missing!

Pool - cleaned every day, pool side bar and restaurant where we lunched everyday (lovely food), towels always available and most importantly - didn't have to fight for a sun bed (as other reviews stated). This may be because the hotel was at 30% capacity with everything going on in Cairo but it was heavenly.

Food - I'm asian and very surprisingly, the Indian was one of the best we have ever had. Each dish delicious, the Italian was lovely too, as was the buffet (but we only went to the buffet once). The pool side bar turns into BBQ and sea food, wow, the best bbq'd lamb chops I have had. The meat is BBQ but it's not as we would in our garden in England! The presentation is of Michelin star quality. Not a fan of sea food, didn't try it.

Weather - well 38 degrees everyday - no complaints!

There was 4-5children at the resort but no one younger than 10, apart from my 16month old who lucky for us and other holiday goers is very well behaved(waiting for terrible 2s to kick in!) to be fair, the people who come here have paid good money and not big smokers, sweaters or drunks - people I want to be surrounded by on holiday. My daughter was spoilt and other holiday makers loved here, the hotel attracts nice, pleasant people.

The staff - they make this hotel. Nothing is too much trouble. I can't remember everyone's name, sorry, but they were all fantastic. Nothing was ever a problem.

I would absolutely return, and if you're concerned by Cairo, you needn't be, it has no interference with the hotel. My baby was the only one on the resort and she was spoilt, as were we.

It's actually a good time to visit the hotel, it's not at full capacity so you'd get extra special treatment and it's not as busy or loud as perhaps it normally would be.

The beach is a 20second walk from hotel pool if you wish to go there.

Only downside - no real entertainment in the evenings but we didn't mind as we were happy to reside to the lobby around 10/11pm after dinner and have drinks, chat and play card games!

I would definitely recommend a visit if you are considering.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Khristina A
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guest recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your family vacation experience. Thank you as well for the highly appreciated recommendation and the supporting words.

It makes us very glad, that we could live-up your expectations and we appreciate your lovely praises, especially in which you highlighted our food offers and staff.

We hope to see you with your family in the near future once again here at our resort to enjoy more memorable vacation days with us.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our second visit to the Baron Resort, and even better than the first time.
The food was great last year, but this year the improvements made were superb, there was a new pasta station, the choice and quality of food was excellent, and the desserts were beautifully presented and delicious.
The staff were all incredibly helpful and courteous, and nothing was to much bother.
Our room was very comfortable and spotless.
Great to see an improvement on the English speaking TV channels, definitely more choice.
Will definitely be back again next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been again our guests recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your repeated vacation experience.

We are very pleased, that you recognized our improvements as positively and superb plus that we could make your holiday even better this time.

With pleasure we are awaiting you for your next visit in the coming year to be again our valuable guests for the third time.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

There really is no need for me to duplicate everything already said on previous reviews. I have always said that you couldn't call any all inclusive hotel 5 star, however, I must eat my words. This was our 8th visit to Sharm el Sheikh, and our 2nd stay in February 2013 at the Baron, its by far the best hotel we've stayed in. We have just booked again for October 23rd 2013, Cant wait to see all your friendly faces again.
Wonderful location, spotlessly clean, well trained staff in all areas, pristine pool and surrounding areas, exceptional quality. presentation and service of food in all restaurants. Gardens immaculate and a continuous maintenance programme. The premium all inclusive is superb - free massage, haircut, mini bar, trial dive and best of all - 1 free bag of laundry per person per week!!! Fantastic
How ever i have tried to Email you at info@baronresort.com but no reply : ( & cant seem to find another Email address

Room Tip: Everywhere is a delight !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Revells2009

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been again our guest last February and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your repeated vacation experience upon the occasion of your up-coming return visit this month.

It’s so lovely to read, that you spent again a superb holiday with us and we hope, you received meanwhile our replies to your email, which we sent to you on 8th & 11th October, and kindly to mention, that our email is info@baronsharm.com.

With pleasure we are already looking forward to welcoming you later this month for another fantastic stay at our hotel.