“Absolutely top rate”

Ranked #5 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely top rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was a tad nervous about booking a holiday in Egypt but I desperately needed some sun. Well, I was amazed at the quality of the resort. Little things like the pool attendants spraying your sun burned legs, cleaning your sunglasses and just being so friendly. The wide choice of restaurants all included with some surprisingly excellent Egyptian wine and very good but not obtrusive service. Everyone smiles and greets you. I shouldn't pick favourites but the head waiter at the pool bar was exceptionally nice and didn't once laugh at my attempts to use my very rusty Arabic. Well done Baron Resort. You got it just right. We'll be back, maybe for longer. Shukran jazeelan!

Room Tip: We were close to the lobby which made wifi easier.
1 Thank ceedubya27
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your really lovely statement about your recent first holiday at our Baron Resort Hotel.

It’s great to hear, that our standards and services were up to your complete satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at our resort in the near future to enjoy once more our friendly atmosphere.

Ahmed Khaled

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

For us the Baron Resort is just perfect for a week away in the sun. We have been to this hotel before and said we would return and are glad we did.

I'm not going to go on too much as other peoples reviews say it as it is and everything is as it was in my first review, so ill just list what I believe to be the major points.

1. No tummy bug for either of us again
2. very Clean hotel. Do they ever stop tidying, cleaning, pruning? - I don't think so
3. Friendly staff - no matter if they are management or not you always get a smile and warm greeting from everyone
4. Great a la carte restaurants we tried them all and the Indian is our favourite
5. Excellent rooms, large very very clean and the cleaners are so friendly
6. if your staying all inclusive then the extras such as your laundry washed and ironed before you come home is a great bonus
7. the Baron I think has the best stretch of the beach and the snorkeling is fantastic

Just to be totally honest we had just one tiny sticking point with regard to our late check out room on the day we were leaving as the hotel was extremely busy with more arrivals due. I am only mentioning this as it was resolved professionally, quickly and amicably by the management team and a small negative was resolved without turning into a problem. We were happy that the matter was sorted to the level of which you would expect from this hotel and is confirmation that the hotel prides itself in the quality and service that they give. Any problem i am sure would be addressed quickly and pleasantly by this hotel.

Although this is short a short review (you may be better reading my previous review) I just wanted to make this note to congratulate every member of staff at the Baron once again for ensuring we had a fantastic holiday.

There is no doubt that we will be back for our 3rd visit soon.

Room Tip: If you book Thomas Cook all Inclusive you automatically get a sea view room.
1 Thank samiejo66
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your great comments regarding your recent 2nd visit to our Baron Resort Hotel.

It’s really of utmost pleasure for us, that once more we could meet your expectations and you loved your stay with us also this time.

We are already awaiting you for your next holiday to have more sun and relaxing days at our resort.

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Baron Resort for a week from the end of April. The weather was superb, hot and sunny but with a lovely breeze. The service at the Resort was excellent, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they went out of their way to ensure that we had a good holiday. The room we had was large and spacious and always spotlessly clean. We had a sea view and the location of our room was ideal, a short walk to the main building and restaurants but peaceful and quiet which is what we wanted. The grounds were immaculate and the groundsmen were continually sweeping and washing down the walkways.
We didn't bother to go and see any of the entertainment in the amphitheatre, but there was a pianist in the bar and always some music around the resort.
The food was good. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. We sat outside in the small courtyard where we were royally looked after. We usually had lunch in the open restaurant by the pool as we wanted to be outside. There was a relatively extensive menu although we only really had a snack at lunchtime. We ate in the Sinai buffet restaurant on the first night. This was my least favourite part of the resort, although the food was ok. We weren't keen on the cafeteria style and we didn't go back. Instead, we ate at the bookable a la carte restaurants. Our favourite was the Italian and we went there a few times. The service was superb and the food delicious. The booking at 9am didn't prove a problem for us. There was sometimes a small queue but we had no trouble booking what we wanted.
We were on the all inclusive package. The free bag of laundry for each person was brilliant, it came back perfectly washed and ironed and was a lovely touch.
Criticisms? There aren't many. One thing that could be improved upon would be to have toilet and changing facilities nearer the beach. The sight of an overweight man changing his swimsuit with a towel unstrategically placed wasn't one of the highlights of my holiday and it would have been better to have a lavatory nearer.
Cold towels were handed to us on the beach, a lovely touch, but it only happened on two days out of the seven. Also we were asked if we wanted a drink on the beach a couple of times, but certainly not every day, my husband usually walked up to the beach bar. This wasn't a problem at all, but it seemed odd to have a waiter walk round and ask one day but not another. The all inclusive package was excellent but people should be aware that there are some chargeable drinks. However, the menus are clearly marked and you are always reminded if something is chargeable.
All in all, this was a very good holiday and a very well run resort. For us, it was a week's complete relaxation in the sunshine with extremely attentive and pleasant staff looking after us.

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your very positive review concerning your recent stay at our Baron Resort Hotel.

We are very pleased, that you had a lovely relaxing holiday with us and certainly we will with pleasure consider your other valuable comments and suggestions.

We hope to see you in the near future once again at our resort for having another pleasant vacation.

Zurich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

when trying to decide on a destination for a little sun drink European winter, we (me, my wife and 1.5yr old) were mostly looking at Tenerife or one of the other Spanish Islands. My memories of our previous trip to Tenerife for the same reason gave me little to become excited about.
I was after some real sun, not tepid weather with European prices. Anyway, I convinced my wife to look at Egypt and we found the offerings promised not only far better weather, but at very attractive prices. We decided on Baron, based on reviews and an offer from Kuoni (who by the way are an excellent tour operator)
Baron is a real 5 start resort, where the staff are super friendly and made our stay fantastic. The food was excellent and the buffet easily surpassed our expectation for bland, boring buffet food. Every night had a different theme and every night had great food. The dessert buffet still makes my mouth water. The hotel room was brilliant and we had the very closest room to the beach (110 i think).
Our son had an allergic reaction to mosquitos and the hotel management went out of their way to help and even organised the doctor to come to our room. In addition, they fumigated our (recently renovated) room to make sure that there were no mosquitos left lurking.
We cant wait to go back

Room Tip: I'd keep away from the pool area if you have a young family, as it can be noisy and there are fe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank richarjeff
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your very praising feedback regarding your recent family vacation at our Baron Resort Hotel.

We are more than happy, that you had a fantastic stay with us here and we even could surpass your expectations, especially concerning the food offers.

It will be a great pleasure for us to host you soon again at our resort to enjoy once more our caring hospitality.

Milan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been to several resorts in Egypt both in Sharm and Marsa Alam in the previous 10 years. I have to say this was probably one of the best, if not the best in terms of quality.

You've probably looked at the photos by now, so you'll see the hotel building itself is not particularly attractive - a rather dated design with the hotel's name on a large sign I found personally rather tacky, but who cares? - the gardens are lovely, the interiors and the restaurants are finished to a high level and the beach is beautiful. You won't be spending your day staring back at the hotel so I can forgive this.

The beach was especially nice, the fixed, wicker umbrellas are very generously spaced so it feels luxurious and never over-crowded (look at the next door hotels umbrellas 2m apart to see the difference!).

We had a great stay in one of the garden-front rooms.I personally liked this room opening onto the gardens which was a little detached from the main hotel building. The room was very good for this level of hotel, clean, modern with a excellent bathroom - relatively modern without the metres of stained silicone sealant you often see with this type of resort.

The food in the main buffet restaurant was pretty good. Obviously this mass-produced, not cooked to order food is never perfect but it's better than similar resorts who use this approach. We ate a la carte (paying extra) one evening in the beach-side Indian restaurant which was very good. Considering this 2 course meal cost only 30 eur (excl. Alcohol) for 2 people if I was to stay again I would seriously considering dropping the all-exclusive deal and just eating a la carte every night in one of the varied restaurants.

As others have said the service was very good, the little touches (like cold face towels on the beach) or the general friendliness and genuine desire to help was appreciated.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are good if you want to be next to the garden and away from the main 'hotel b...
1 Thank FlibFlob
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about your recent stay at our Baron Resort Hotel.

It’s really nice to read, that we could meet your expectations and you liked our little touches along with our customer caring service and friendliness.

We would be very pleased to welcome you in the near future once again at our resort.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have been searching for our, “Forever” holiday destination and certainly the Baron fits the bill perfectly. My husband and I stayed here over the Easter holiday and had the most AMAZING time ever. I just cannot fault the Baron and neither would I want to after being made to feel like royalty during our stay. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet. The mini bar was kept well stocked and the toiletries were lovely and kind to my sensitive skin. We didn’t have a sea view but this mattered not as we spent little time in our room. The young man who kept our room cleaned to perfection was Waheed and I must say he was polite, kind and very trustworthy. The free laundry service was outstanding.
Dining was an absolute pleasure in the Sinai Restaurant as there was plenty of delicious food to tempt our taste buds. We ate, most nights, in the Egyptian restaurant as the food there was wonderful. We worked our way through the menu and were not disappointed with any of our meals. Fabulous! Our thanks must go to Mahmoud and his staff who made us feel so special and looked after us so well.
We spent our days lazing on the beautiful sandy beach, searching the crystal clear rock pools for sea life and supping enchanting cocktails which appeared, as if by magic, thanks to Hassan. What’s not to love about this place?
No stresses, no hassles, no negatives at all. Everything we could wish for and more!
We shall return to the Baron next year and every year thereafter if the standards remain so high.
We loved it!
Thank you Mr. Ahmed Kaled your hotel and all it's staff iare AMAZING!

2 Thank AmandaClarke357
Dear Guests,

It was a real delight to read your wonderful review about our Baron Resort Hotel upon your recent holiday with us here, for which we would like to thank you very much.

We feel very honored by your great praises and that we could meet all your needs for a perfectly relaxing stay, so you found your “home” for your annual holiday break.

We are already awaiting you to come back to our resort next year to repeat your amazing time.

Burntwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spent a week at Baron Resort in April and would say it is the best hotel we have ever used for cleanliness, location, food and most of all service. The staff here are just too good to be true! Everyone wants to help and they go out of their way to ensure you feel relaxed and well cared for. Drinks appear as if by magic and every meal we had was delightful. We were on the third floor with a sea and pool view and it couldn't have been any better. The gardens are so lovely you feel as if you are in your own little oasis of calm. Everywhere you look someone is cleaning something and the hotel, grounds and pool area are all absolutely immaculate the whole time. We had complimenatry massage and our laundry was taken care of free of charge and beautifully presented. Just writing this review makes me want to be back there now so I know this is a place that we will definately return to. Thank you so much to the whole team for making our stay with you so special and we can't wait to see you all again.

Room Tip: Third floor Sea and Pool View would always be my preferred choice because you get a lovely view incl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your superb feedback regarding your recent vacation at our Baron Resort Hotel.

It makes us very proud and glad, that we could convince you with our service and facilities and you enjoyed the best holiday time in our hotel.

We are already looking forward to your return visit in the not so far future.