“A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF TRIP ADVISOR AT IT'S BEST !!!!”

Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #7 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Essex
“A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF TRIP ADVISOR AT IT'S BEST !!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

All the experts advise us to take the reviews on here with a pinch of salt. However in the case of the Baron Resort, there were so many excellent reviews that it was hard to ignore them when it came to booking our first ever winter break in Sharm.

We went ahead and booked through Thomas Cook (apparently they are the sole UK company using the Baron), and were not disapointed.

I have to say that we found the premium all inclusive package to be great value for money. After a hectic few months, we just wanted a chill out holiday and did not book any excursions. We did not venture far from the Baron Resort during our 11 night stay. In our case, the only extra cash we needed to take was something like £40 worth of pound coins for tipping purposes. Don't get me wrong here, the Baron staff are great, and don't hang around for tips, but we found they really appreciated the odd coin or two here and there.

So many good things have been said on here about the Baron, and I can only confirm that they are all true, so I am not going over them all, just continue reading the reviews.

One negative, but obviously outside the Baron's control, was that we found Sharm to be quite windy. Far breezier than we had expected.

We are quite well travelled, and have never met such a pro-active and enthusiastic Manager as Mr Abdel Hamid Ahmed. He makes a point of getting to meet EVERY guest, not just once but most days guests will bump into him either in one of the restaurants, or around the Resort. He is not pushy or intrusive, but just has the knack of making you feel welcome as individuals.

Happy to recommend the Baron Resort for a laid back, chill out holiday. Definatley a case of Trip Advisor working at it's best.

A big thank you to Mr Ahmed and his staff. WE WILL BE BACK.

Room Tip: Make a point of ensuring that you have booked a sea view room. We found Thomas Cook to be a bit naug...
3 Thank TerryKeating
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guests,

We would like to send you our sincere thanks for placing your excellent comments about your vacation you recently enjoyed at our Baron Resort Hotel and for recommending the same.

We are so pleased, that your requirements could have been fulfilled by our resort and team and we are looking forward to seeing you soon again to enjoy another chill-out holiday with us.

Ahmed Khaled

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

There are a lot of good things to say about the Baron Resort, but there are just a few niggles stopping me from giving it five stars.

I feel I must start with the laundry service which I felt was second to none. We gave our week's worth of washing in on Sunday morning and it came back to us beautifully washed and presented in the evening.

But having said that - the laundry was supposed to be collected between 9-10am in the morning, and we had asked for it to be collected the day before, but we still had to take it up to reception as it was still there going on for 11am and we risked a surcharge for having it in late

And here lies another gripe. Our room was cleaned daily, but practically every day, the cleaner was in our room at around 5.30pm as we were getting in from the pool or beach when all we wanted to do was get ready for the evening, so we often had to make ourselves scarce until he had finished.

The rooms are very nice - beds are a bit hard if I'm going to be picky. We had a ground floor sea view room and made good use of our balcony as it was mighty chilly some days with a wind that we didn't expect and we found the balcony was really warm and sheltered from the wind.

We were promised a basket of fruit and some cookies - the fruit came but the cookies didn't - I could have complained but didn't want to sound petty.

The mini-bar is re-stocked daily - you get a couple of bottles of local beers, some juice, water, and soft drinks. Having stayed at another 5* hotel where the mini-bar was restocked we got a full bottle of Bacardi, a full bottle of tequila and a full bottle of whisky and some sweets and chocolates and nuts every day which kind of made the Baron's less inviting.

Service in the bar is good- if you sit in the lobby you will always be given nuts and crisps with your first drink, and the waitresses come back a couple of times to replenish your drinks, but we found after our third drinks they didn't bother. Maybe in their eyes we had had enough, I just found it a bit strange, and it wasn't as if we didn't tip them or anything.

There are, as I say, lots of good things, about the hotel, just a few more things that let it down,. Like the early morning call we were told was a MUST when we booked our trip to the pyramids.
Had to leave the hotel at 4.30am so asked to be called at 4am to get us up - it never came. A damn good job we got ourselves up or we would have lost the £350 we paid to see King Tut and his mates.

Back to the staff - they were highly accommodating and friendly, just sometimes seemed a bit fraught with the amount of work they had to do - I caught a few sullen faces, but not surprising when we saw a few of them getting some very public dressings down from their bosses for one thing or another - not really the way to motivate staff, but what do I know? I merely had to watch them squirm.

Now the good bits - food on the whole is excellent. The Sinai restaurant has a plethora of dishes to suit EVERYONE. Sushi for breakfast? Don't mind if I do! But you could also have pastries, omelettes, ham, cheese, fruit - absolutely anything you can think of - it's there!

We came in late from our trip to the pyramids, but the staff were very accommodating and although it was nearly closing time we were never made to feel uncomfortable and there was plenty of food left.

We ate at the Indian restaurant twice - the curries were delicious - no poppadoms, however, and they're a bit stingey with the mango chutney and naan breads, but if you ask, you'll get it, it's the very fact that you have to keep asking for it that bugs me - it should be there. They give you the naan breads with your starter and expect you to still have them when your main meal comes - think someone needs to tell them that's what poppadoms are for, and the naan breads were actually rubbery and burnt.

The Italian restaurant makes all the right overtures - I was right looking forward to my salmon, but when it came it was overcooked and I swear there was nothing with it - nothing that I can remember anyway as I looked on with envy as my husband scoffed his steak with his bit of mash at the side.

Anyway - the Thomas Cook Rep Waalla was fab, we went on a fun quiz night with him (Baron Knights rule!), he arranged our Cairo trip and when we cancelled the snorkelling trip we'd booked he returned our money unhesitatingly.

Didn't need the trip anyway as there are hundreds of fantastic fish to be seen at the end of the jetty. Just dive in and witness an amazing world of colourful fish swimming around the coral. I'm not a very strong swimmer so held onto the rope on the jetty, but it didn't stop me seeing some beautiful fish - one of the highlights of my stay.

If you go shopping round the Boulevard get your haggling head on. They'll drag you into their shops, offer you tea, call you their sister, then try and charge you 250 egyptian pounds for a bit of oil and a burner. Take my advice - don't have any tea, tell them you are clearly not related and that you will give them 100 egyptian pounds (around a tenner) for said bit of oil and a burner - worked a treat for me but I still reckon I was fleeced - and Ali Baba didn't even recognise me the next day when I passed his shop!

2 Thank Lindsaydoll
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your positive and constructive comments regarding your recent stay at our Baron Resort Hotel.

It’s nice to hear, that overall you really liked our resort and with pleasure we will as well put your valuable remarks into our consideration, whereby we do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

We hope, we will host you in the near future once again at our resort to meet your complete satisfaction also from the mentioned points.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is certainly living up to its reputation and 5 star rating. We stayed for 1 week and enjoyed most aspects of the hotel. Location right on the beach, rooms cleaned to the very highest standard. Excellent restaurants and friendly helpful staff. Only suggestions would be for more seating in the piano bar - not sure of advantage of having a bar for non all-inclusive guests? The adult only pool is not heated and only the very brave ventured in and not for long! The hotel spa is definetely not 5 star and needs some work to bring it up to standard. However the hotel works very hard indeed to please guests. This is the only hotel I have been to where the manager greets guest at breakfast and asks if they are enjoying their stay. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: sea view rooms are a must
1 Thank 974val
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to cordially thank you for your very friendly feedback about your recent you spent at our Baron Resort Hotel.

We are very happy, that we could meet your needs and we will with pleasure consider your valuable suggestions plus your comments regarding the Spa will be forwarded to the renting company.

We are awaiting you for your next visit for another pleasant holiday.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked this hotel after considerable research - it paid off! I've been to Sharm El Sheik before & will go again - to the Baron Resort. (stayed in the Hilton Fayrouz last time)

Two adults, 15 year old son & 8 year old daughter. We never saw my son - off with the fantastic animation team (Nicole has to get a mention for her endless enthusiasm), playing volleyball, bowls, football, he made loads of new friends and he only met up with us for meals - most of the time. Daughter also had a great time - there is a kids club at the sister hotel (Baron Palms), around the corner that she dipped in & out of, also made new friends and spent a lot of time in the lovely heated pool.

Due to work commitments we can only holiday in the winter and this is the best place in the world in my opinion. Only a 5 hour flight, airport transfer in 15 minutes (but hardly any airport noise from hotel), the weather is warm & dry (no nasty humidity like the Caribbean).

Drawbacks: very hard water - but what could you expect from a desert resort?
The weather in February, although lovely and warm, can sometimes be spoilt by a cool wind - have not experienced the wind before, but did this time. Chilly in the evenings - you will need a jacket for outdoor restaurants.

The Baron Resort - excellent service, clean & tidy, very helpful staff, excellent location. Evening entertainment OK too. Coral reef on the beech - well worth hiring a mask & snorkel to see the beautiful fish (hire from beech for around £3.50).

Fantastic food - we were all inclusive & have never had a better choice of food at any hotel, anywhere. The buffet restaurant had a huge selection at every meal. Breakfast could be sushi, toast, pancakes, fruit, cereals, porridge, made-to-order omelettes, eggs any way you want (the poached were perfect & runny), cold meats, cheeses, breads of all descriptions, local dishes, almost anything you could want. Each day the theme was different for dinner - Thursdays were Mexican, Fridays Egyptian etc, again all with excellent choices & always something child friendly i.e. pasta, chips, chicken strips. There are also five al-a-carte restaurants to choose from (you have to book a table from 9am the same day to get a table), one of the best Indian restaurants I have ever been to & the Italian also, with dishes like carpaccio done to perfection.
No one in this hotel had any tummy upsets - we all had ice in our drinks and ate salads! I have an intolerance to preservatives & some additives and I was perfectly healthy.

All inclusive includes a haircut - once my husband & son were in the chair they could not get out without being fleeced for extras like threading etc - beware, massage - unfortunately didn't try - after the haircut experience we thought we would avoid the spa - but other guests said they had no problems at all - so I tried to book but couldn't get an appointment :( , laundry service - excellent!
Wi-fi was a little hit & miss all over the resort - you were given a little piece of paper with your password, which you needed to log in to each of the networks, whichever you got best signal from, I think I probably used 5 different networks - so don't lose you password.

The only reason I haven't given 5/5 is that the rooms will need updating. Perfectly adequate, large spacious rooms, Large LCD TVs with satellite channels, all very clean, but just getting a little tired round the edges...

We will go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank M44MFF
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your very nice review regarding your vacation you recently spent with your family at our Baron Resort Hotel.

It’s really great, that all your family enjoyed our facilities, caring services and gastronomy offers and certainly your valuable suggestions and remarks will be put into our consideration.

We are already looking forward to hosting you with your family in the near future once again at our resort to enjoy more great holiday times.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently spent a week at the baron resort and as our first taste of Egypt it was perfect . The hotel and grounds are immaculate , nothing was ever out of place or looked best it's best. The staff our amongst the nicest and friendliest I have ever met, that goes from the gardener to the resort manager, nothing was to much to ask they always did it will a smile . There is a wide selection of food to try which is all very good but the italian restauran was outstanding ! The rooms are spacious with good views of the see and hotel grounds. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat and could not recommend it highly enough. A special thanks to Ahmed Nasi head bar man in the piano lounge. We will remember him for a long time .
Thank you baron resort see you again ! Truely 5*

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

A very big thank you for your lovely, praising overview about your recent holiday at our Baron Resort Hotel and for highly recommending the same.

We are more than glad, that we were able to make your “first taste of Egypt” a perfect experience and we are awaiting you to return soon for repeating this memorable stay.

Horley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I read same review before booking this Holliday with Thomas Cook , the reality is you don't know what to expect when you arrive.... but my advise is You have to be here to appreciate the luxury of this Resort
Our room 1005 have the most beautiful view you ever see, and the staff can not do enough to please you.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank emma06-02
Baronmanager, Area General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your supporting comments about our Baron Resort Hotel upon your recent visit to our resort.

We are so glad, that we could provide you with a lovely holiday and we hope to see you in the near future again here at our property.

Brighton
Reviewed February 13, 2013

There are plenty of great reviews on the Baron Resort which have elevated it to it's number 3 ranking on Tripadvisor. From our recent experience I would agree with all the great reviews and the Tripadvisor ranking is well deserved - congratulations.

I'm not sure what else I can add to what has already been said; the staff's attitude and desire to delivering excellent customer service is first class, the rooms, public areas and grounds are spotless and well maintained.

Food is a very subjective topic. Overall the food was good and there was plenty of choice and variety through the main buffet restaurant and the additional a la carte restaurants. Our favourite was the Indian restaurant due to the taste and flavours, and the food was served hot (temperature not spice). In the other restaurants the dishes seemed to lack flavour and were bland at times, and nor were they piping hot. You can see what they are trying to achieve with the evening dining options and menus but they are just not quite there yet. Breakfast was very good and the lunchtime menu served at the pool bar was also very good.

Overall an excellent holiday. We would return and we have already recommended the Baron Resort to friends and work colleagues.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank drm290
Dear Guests,

We would like to sincerely thank you for your very nice comments regarding your recent vacation at our Baron Resort Hotel and for recommending our resort to your friends & colleagues, which we highly appreciate.

It makes us very happy, that you spent an excellent holiday with us here and certainly we will consider your valuable notifications concerning the specialty restaurants.

We are looking forward to welcoming you hopefully soon again at our resort for another great stay.