All the experts advise us to take the reviews on here with a pinch of salt. However in the case of the Baron Resort, there were so many excellent reviews that it was hard to ignore them when it came to booking our first ever winter break in Sharm.
We went ahead and booked through Thomas Cook (apparently they are the sole UK company using the Baron), and were not disapointed.
I have to say that we found the premium all inclusive package to be great value for money. After a hectic few months, we just wanted a chill out holiday and did not book any excursions. We did not venture far from the Baron Resort during our 11 night stay. In our case, the only extra cash we needed to take was something like £40 worth of pound coins for tipping purposes. Don't get me wrong here, the Baron staff are great, and don't hang around for tips, but we found they really appreciated the odd coin or two here and there.
So many good things have been said on here about the Baron, and I can only confirm that they are all true, so I am not going over them all, just continue reading the reviews.
One negative, but obviously outside the Baron's control, was that we found Sharm to be quite windy. Far breezier than we had expected.
We are quite well travelled, and have never met such a pro-active and enthusiastic Manager as Mr Abdel Hamid Ahmed. He makes a point of getting to meet EVERY guest, not just once but most days guests will bump into him either in one of the restaurants, or around the Resort. He is not pushy or intrusive, but just has the knack of making you feel welcome as individuals.
Happy to recommend the Baron Resort for a laid back, chill out holiday. Definatley a case of Trip Advisor working at it's best.
A big thank you to Mr Ahmed and his staff. WE WILL BE BACK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, HRS and Priceline so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh