“Fabulous”

Falcon Hills Hotel
Ranked #78 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Fabulous”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

It's was amazing the people made you feel welcome and you got to taste the different foods the entertainment was good and ill definitely go back there I would advise you to say there the overall experience for me was just brill first time in egypt and it's the only place that looked nice

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Kimberleymeek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rijen, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is great!!
Nice location. A lot of things to do in and around the hotel.
Al the staff were very hospitality especially Sadek, Osama, Karam and Karim
The room was nice and clean.
Enjoyed a lot of time at the pool.

2 Thank Jacqueloris
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for 1 week at the end of June 2013. All in all it was a nice stay and I would definitely stay here once more if we visit Sharm again. You just can't beat the quality you get for the price!

Rooms - first of all let me say, the AC worked WONDERFULLY, which is especially important if you go in the summertime and it's 40C and above everyday! The rooms are pretty spacious and the fridge is huge as well. The bed was relatively comfortable and the furniture was simple but sufficient and I actually kind of liked it. We had a little balcony area on the first floor and there were 2 plastic chairs and a plastic table out there.

Bathroom - this is one of the downsides. There were no complimentary toiletries, so just know ahead of time to bring your own including soap. The only soap provided was liquid soap. Also, we and asked for washcloths (small towels), and they told us they'll come in one hour. They eventually came and brought big towels. In the end, they told us they didn't have any washcloths - hand towels were the smallest things they had :-( I don't know if that's standard or just what we experienced. This is probably the biggest drawback of our stay here, but the water was NEVER hot during our stay. At best it was warm. That really sucked.

Room Service - it is REALLY inexpensive compared to room service at other hotels, but it was okay...a good deal for your money, I guess. However, we gave the tray with the empty plate to the guy who brought us our towels, and when we left the room a few hours later, we saw that the guy had just place the tray outside of our room on the handrail! It stayed there until the next morning, someone finally came and got it.

Food - we didn't do all-inclusive, which from our experience with breakfast and looking at the lunch buffet once, I wouldn't recommend it. The fresh made omelettes really saved breakfast. The pancakes are made to order but taste very generic. The rest of the breakfast is generic as well and they use low-quality ingredients. It's Egyptian food (ful, white local cheese, bread, boiled eggs) and they had potatoes (looked like they were made from potato flakes) and baked beans (I'm assuming this is a British/European thing, for us Americans baked beans are NEVER eaten at breakfast). There were also cheap pastries and cereal and milk. I was happy about the cereal and milk until I took my first bite and the milk was room temperature - ugh! and the orange juice - straight TANG.

Other than the room service incident, the staff was fine. We were really out for most of the day, so we didn't use much of their facilities. These are all of the things that I can comment on that I experienced. All in all, despite the negatives I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brittany J
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel.
The rooms are very nice and clean.
The weather is very nice and i love to be in the pool.
The staff is very friendly. Mohamed, Ali, Osama, Shabaan. They all become my friends.
Sadek and Mahmoud are the best. They do a good job at the bar and make nice drinks.
The food in the restaurant is also good.
I had a lot of fun with the animation team.
I will come back there!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Verrassing
Sedgefield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose the Falcon Hills in Sharm El Sheikh mainly on the basis of the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and, after a two week stay there, I can happily say those reviews are spot on.

Arriving at the hotel at around 10pm after a long flight and what felt like an even longer wait at Sharm airport, we were greeted by the friendly reception staff who hastily gave us our room keys and a free cocktail whilst we waited. They also asked the kitchen to provide us with a much needed meal and, despite the fact that burger and fries wasn't the most exciting food in the world, it was served quickly and devoured even faster.

We were given two rooms by the large pool and were somewhat apprehensive after reading reviews that had complained about the noise in these rooms. We considered asking to be moved but decided to wait until morning. Ultimately, we stayed in those rooms as the noise was rarely bad enough to prevent sleep.

The room itself was clean but basic and a decent size. All the vitals were there and worked: the shower, though temperamental, was ok, the beds a little hard but surprisingly easy to adapt to and, most importantly, a fully working,powerful air conditioner: Perfect! There were also little comforts such as a satellite tv and a fridge. The rooms were kept very clean and the cleaners provided some fantastic towel art including a brilliant crocodile. I'd recommend tipping them early (tips are VITAL in Egypt) if you want this kind of treatment.

The main pool itself was fairly quiet during our first few days. However, the entertainment and, subsequently, the noise picked up as our holiday went on. There is a quiet pool for those who wish to relax but we never used it due to the proximity of our rooms to the main pool. You are given a towel card which allows you to use a beach towel each day. These are then collected and cleaned each night. The pool table, ping pong, tennis and volleyball courts are all included and equipment can be used for free so, if you want something different to lounging round the pool, other options are there. There is also a spa and you will most likely be approached at some point during your stay by their staff, who dress in white. We took up the "Cleopatra treatment" for £25 (sterling) each and it was an excellent way to start a relaxing holiday. One warning though: They will use this as an excuse to offer you further treatments. If you're not interested then be firm straight away otherwise the spa staff will come back to you every day. Same with the newspaper salesman, although I started to feel sorry for him: he never seemed to sell any of his British papers. No surprise, really, as they are a day old and way overpriced.

The bar staff are lovely most of the time though they often have a lot of customers and sometimes seem a little abrupt. They are rushed off their feet though and, during the quieter nights, if you talk to them, they are lovely, especially Tamer. The same applies to the staff in the restaurant and the chef, though he perhaps gets the most flak and it's easy to see why.

My stay at Falcon Hills had one major weakness but, unfortunately, it is one that will bother a lot of people: the food is really disappointing. Even taking in to account the fact that it is only a 3* hotel, the quality of the food leaves a lot to be desired. Breakfast is ok: they have cereal, continental options, eggs, weird little sausage things. You can also get an omelette, pancakes or a fried egg made fresh by the chef outside. Lunch would normally consist of soup, rice, potatoes, pasta and a variety of meats. There'd often be a more traditional option too: burgers or pizza, for example. Plus lots of salad. Sounds ok, right? Well, not when you consider that for the main meal, the choices tended to be soup, rice, potatoes, pasta and a variety of meats, normally including chicken. This was every day. By the end of the two weeks, you hope to never eat rice again!

Perhaps I'm being harsh. None of us starved and you could have something different each day. However, the selection is extremely limited and uninventive and the food really lets the hotel down. We ordered take away and ate out more than once to compensate and that's something you'd prefer not to do at an all inclusive. The fact that meal time's weren't exciting to someone with as large an appetite as I normally have on holiday shows how bad the food really was. Best meal of the day? Waffle time! 4:30pm each day would see waffles and ice cream! Excellent!

The drinks weren't wonderful either. The wine was a let down, the beer was ok and the vodka was strong enough, but if you wanted any international spirits or anything exciting, you had to pay!

The other major disappointment with Falcon Hills is it's location. The nearest "exciting" place is Il Mercado, around 15 minutes walk from the hotel. I use the term exciting loosely. We trailed there on our second day to watch the Wimbledon final and the only thing we saw there were taxis and tumbleweeds. On a night it picks up a bit and there is a nice steak bar there, as well as a McDonalds (which actually delivers directly to the hotel) and a few cocktail bars. However, if you want a night out, try Naama bay (the hotel provides a free bus) or Soho Square( free bus twice a week) which is really cool but expensive.

So, you may be asking, what do you with a hotel with poor food miles away from any nightlife? Simple, ingratiate yourself with the absolutely fantastic Animation Team. Led by the always amusing Brazili, "it's Show-time" almost every day and night and the team really are brilliant. Gharib and Piko are great fun and put on activities during the day (water polo - rough but fun - and killer darts are only my two favourite examples) and a variety of events on a night (karaoke, bingo and the extremely entertaining Mr/Mrs Falcon Hills competition). I can't stress enough how hard these guys work and, if you want to have a good holiday, chat to them when they come round the pool. They really do care and put that extra effort into making your holiday an enjoyable. Gharib is extremely cheeky, running round with his little water gun, whilst Piko is quieter but still excellent. These guys made our holiday ten times better and I would go back to Falcon Hills just to see them again.

Overall, our stay at Falcon Hills was thoroughly and enjoyable and I was gutted to leave. We made some great friends and the mix of nationalities (English, Dutch, German, Russian) helped create a fun atmosphere (shout out to the Dutch Mafia by the way!). On our final day, there was a large influx of Egyptian guests and they were very loud around the big pool, so I'm somewhat glad we stayed/ left when we did.

For a three star hotel, Falcon Hills in Sharm is thoroughly charming. The basic room is all you can ask for at such a good price but the facilities there are still decent. Unfortunately, the limited food and disappointing location prevents Falcon Hills from soaring to a five star review. But the wonderful staff and fun entertainment from the utterly phenomenal Animation Team help the hotel comfortably glide with four stars into the small handful of hotels I'd ever consider returning to.

Room Tip: The big pool can get a bit noisy but it isn't so bad to stop sleep.
3 Thank James P
Reviewed July 21, 2013

What a place to stay it was awesome. The staff was great but that was a understatement bar staff was great the glasses were never empty and the cleaning staff need a medal they treated us like royalty can't fault them one bit. Plus the animation team was the best thing of the holiday I've been to turkey 2 times but these were the best and you could Actually have a conversation with them cos there English was fantastic Gary and piko and brazily I love them to bits there just a bunch of kids that never grow up that's why I love them. All I can say to these negative reviews is that you treat people how you want to be treated people need to realise that. I can't wait to go back its my second home in my heart never felt more welcome ever before x all the best falcons hills see you soon

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Joe_s_1987
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were there from 6th july-20th july. When we arrived we were welcomed in, and given a cocktail while waiting for a room. We were given a room right next to the main pool which I was concerned about. It was noisy until around midnight (when the bar closes) however we were often out later than that. We got the same sunbeds everyday as they were directly outside our room which turned out useful. At the start of the holiday there were alot of english people and a few from other countries, however the day we left about 100 egyptians arrived and were very disrespectful. As much as we loved the holiday we were glad we left on that particular day.

The food needs improved, it was often good quality however very repetitive and not alot of choice. Occasionally we ordered a mcdonalds/kfc to the hotel. The drinks were alright, but not the best.

The location wasnt great, there wasnt much to see close by..not many pubs/resteraunts. But the hotel provides a taxi service, and there are always taxis driving by..they are relatively cheap. There are also particular days where free buses would take you to naama bay (worth going to) soho square (overpriced) and a few beaches.

The rooms were kept clean and the towel art was fantastic. They were also a very good size.

The staff made this holiday very enjoyable. I dont know how anyone can say they are rude. The animation team (gharib, piko and brazili) were good fun and provided games to play during the day and the entertainment at night. They often came and sat with us and in the end we made very good friends with them. They also offered nights out to the main clubs (pacha, space) and went there with us and looked after us also offering discount on drinks. When we left they sat with us until our bus arrived. I couldnt thank them more for being so nice to our family. The receptionist was very polite and all the bar staff worked hard and provided you with what you wanted.

We spent most days around the pool as it was so relaxing and such good fun. The temperature was perfect in the pool. Games such as killer darts, water aerobics, water polo and volleyball were played daily all run by animation.

Overall this was a fantastic holiday, mainly due to the staff and the atmosphere around the pool. Everyone were so friendly and it was suitable for people who want to relax and get involved. Considering its 3* and the price of it, I wouldnt hesitate if I were you. Ive never gone to a hotel twice, but I definitely would to falcon hills. Thankyou to falcon hills for making it such a good holiday for our family.

2 Thank robp1996