“Fantastic! Will return!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! Will return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hi we were room 127, Angie, James Bond and Tomas Cook! Lol!

Just to say we had a fantastic holiday. All the staff especially Gharid in the animation team are so welcoming, honest, polite and efficient!

The room was very clean but basic, perhaps needs a little modernisation. However, we got clean sheets and towels every day and the beds were very comfortable.

However, if you a lady you will need to take a hair dryer! I was cheeky and borrowed one from reception but I guess it would not be available all of the time!

The free trips to SOHO square and Naama Bay were very well organised by the animation team and the evening entertainment was fun!

It is the first time in my life that I will be attempting to return to the same hotel in the same year!

The food was an unusual mix but I enjoyed. My fussy 13 year old didn't have a problem though as if ever he was stuck Kamir would always organise him a Pizza, Burger or Pancakes at no extra charge! Briliiant!

Waiters *****
Animation *****
All other staff *****

And a special thank you to the guy who cleaned our room.I managed to vacate leaving 3 passports an IPAD and my purse (inc credit cards)!! He swiftly brought them to reception! HAPPY DAYS!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank angieloub1970

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have just returned from our holiday at Falcon Hills Hotel.
I found the staff courteous and very friendly, the rooms spacious and clean.
Meals were maybe not to everyone’s taste, but given the fact they were catering for guests from all points of Europe as well as the middle east, they did very well and there was always something on the menu I liked. Attia and Osama made sure the restaurant ran smoothly at all times.
The smaller quieter pool is where I spent my time and the staff there, Ayman and Mahmoud, took care of my every need from beach towels to cold drinks.
On a trip to the old town, the in house limousine driver ensured we made the trip safely at a reasonable price. The Limousine driver also introduced us to his friend , a shop keeper, who gave us advice on the area and provided a safe place to stay while we waited for the Limo driver to collect us on our return to the hotel. Not many western hotels provide such a service!
I really enjoyed my stay at Falcon Hills and I’m already planning my return.

1 Thank Jackie B
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I really cannot believe the reviews I am reading, and some clearly from people who were staying at the Falcon at the same time as me and my partner.
This was my fifth time at the Falcon Hills hotel and it will certainly not be my last, I cannot wait to return!
Firstly, the service is unbeatable. Having stayed in other hotels in Sharm in the past they really do not compare to Falcon. All of the staff are very friendly, and cannot do enough for you. Particularly Attia, Kareem, Karem and Osama. The staff certainly make the holiday! If you are going to be rude and disrespectful to them don't expect them to be your best friends! They work long hours and work very hard, always have a smile on their face and if you have a problem with anything they are more than happy to help you. Surely this is common sense if you are rude and look down at them they are NOT going to go that extra mile for you.
Over the years, I have made great friends with the staff at the Falcon and this is why I continue to go back.
The rooms are spotless and the towels ARE clean. Every morning the pool towels are cleaned and if you are up early enough you will see the trolley returning from laundry!
The bed linen is also changed regularly and the cleaners are very thorough. Lovely men as well.
The only downside to the hotel is the food. It is repetitive and not to my taste. However, as a fussy eater I do not expect to be amazed by all inclusive food! Kareem and Attia were always brilliant and asked me if there was something else I would like cooked if I didn't like what was on offer that evening.
I always request the rooms at the back near the smaller 'quiet pool' and always find that there are good sunbeds available every morning. Karem was brilliant behind the pool bar and so friendly.
Great stay yet again, and I am very disappointed that people feel this way about such a great hotel. I will be retuning in October and I am on countdown already.
All I will say is if you expect 5* treatment and amazing food pay more for your holiday!!!!

Room Tip: Back rooms near the quiet pool.
2 Thank char_yaya
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have just returned from our second holiday at Falcon Hills. I have written previously, stating how much we enjoyed our stay last year, this year’s stay surpassed that.
On arrival, we were greeted like returning family. Our room was ready and prepared as we requested. Staff on duty all came and greeted us.
The next morning we were greeted by the smiling face of Attia, the Restaurant manager, who, with his staff of Osama, Karim and Karam, ensured diners will well taken care of, no mean feat given the number of cultures, and ethnic tastes that had to be catered for.
Tamer took care of guest’s liquid needs. Not once did I see anything but smiles of the faces of staff. In fact, it was often a case of trying to keep a straight face myself due to the jokes the staff played on Jackie, and myself my partner.
Guest’s poolside requirements were taken care of by Ayman, sun beds, towels and sun umbrellas, and Mahoud who ran the poolside bar.
Falcon hills provide for most your holiday needs, there is even a dive school, (Pirates Dive Club) and mini spa, with sauna, massage facilities and Jacuzzi on the hotel premises. If you forget your camera do not worry Yahya, on site photographer, will provide a holiday photo album for a very reasonable price .
If you fancy a change from sitting around the pool, there is a free shuttle service provided to the private reef beach, ( or a 15-minute walk from the hotel). Admission is E£15 each paid at the hotel, which include the use of the sun beds. Reef beach has its own Italian restaurant, and beach bar, as well as beach side massage if you get too tense. Reef beach is great for snorkelling and diving, but as you enter the water by steps into very deep water may not be suitable for weak or young swimmers.
Falcon hills also provide a shuttle service to Terrazzina beach, which is possibly more suited to young and inexperienced swimmers. It is a public beach, but not having visited I cannot comment further.
If you fancy a change of scenery at night, Il Mercato, is but a pleasant 15-minute walk away. There you will find many western style shops, restaurants and bars. There is even pizza hut, KFC and McDonalds for the more adventurous LOL.
Jackie and I really enjoyed our time at Falcon Hills and look forward to returning to what many guests refer to as their second homes

Room Tip: Rooms around the small pool are quieter than the main pool
3 Thank Tom M
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from 2 Weeks in Falcon Hills. I have been here twice before but it was a first for my friend. We arrived at the hotel at about 6.30pm to be welcomed by the reception staff (Mohamed, Sam, Ahmed anf Feiud) who always seem to remember people who have been there before ( they see hundreds of people every week but it is amazing how they remember). As ever check in was speedy and we were quickly on our way to our room.

Our room was down by the quiet pool (through the arch), all the british guests were down there due to there being a lot of Egyptian families in the hotel. Our room was spacious but basic and as we were only going to be showering and sleeping in there it met all our needs. The rooms by the quiet pool have a bath and shower ( I am only 5 ft tall so i could sit in the bath but if u are any taller forget it, they are about 3/4 the size of a uk bath).

The fridge is not stocked so as u check in go to the bar and get some bottled water, u can have as much water as u like each day but do not expect it to be in the room because it is not.

After checking in we went to the resturant for dinner (19.00 -22.00) to be greeted by Osama, Attaia, Karem, Mahmoud, Sadek, Ali, Karim, Mohamed, Mohamed, Zac and Asis, these man work hard and they smiled and joked with the guests throughout our stay. If we needed anything we only had to ask and it was done for us,

As many people have said in their reviews the food is not the best but it is hot and edible, we always found something to eat every night and believe me my friend is fussy. If it is gourmet, al a carte u want then book a 5 *, this is a budget hotel and how they manage to feed and water (alcohol inc) the guests on the price we pay for the hotel is beyond me.

The pools and the areas are cleaned every day and Ayman and Mostafa (towels guys) are always around to help if u need them ( they play a mean game of table tennis too). Clean towels are available every morning from 8am, and they were clean.

In the hotel there are 2 little shops, one for your holiday nic naks and the other for sun cream, snacks and cigarettes. It is cheaper if u go to the little supermarket next to the hotel on the right or up the road alittle is a bigger supermarket.

Also next to the hotel is a shop doing excursions (they are the same as u get from your rep but much cheaper, helps the £ go further). Listen to what the rep has to offer and then go and compare with these guys.

The hotel is only 10 minutes walk from El Macato shopping centre, where if u feel u need a McD'd u will find it there along with many other shops and resturants. If u are a seafood lover then go to Farah's resturant in El Macato or the one in Old market (10 minutes in a taxi - 20 egyptian pound, £2.00) you will not find a better place for sea food ever.

The hotel has a Spa if u want a little pampering. The Spa is run by a company who provide the staff so these people are not employed by the hotel. We listened to what they had to offer and we did enjoy wone of their treatments but if u do not want anything a "no thanks" is all that is needed, they will ask u many times just in case u just happen to change your mind, but just be polite but firm, they have a living to make as well and as they are only paid on commision it can be hard when there are not many people in the hotel.

Ramy (Mr Lewis) comes around the pools doing Henna Tattoo's, and what impressed me was that he was doing a patch test on people before doing the actual tattoo. Ramy is one of the friendlies people I have ever met and listening to UB40's "red red wine" will never be the same after hearing him sing it to us one day.

The Animation team (Omar, Liam Gharib) tried to get every one up and involved with their activites but if u did not want to that was fine. Poor old Gharib found himself alone for a while when Omar and Liam left to go to a bigger hotel but he still did his best to entertain, he was always smiling and happy.

There are 2 car drivers at the front of the hotel who will take u any where and come back to pick u up, they are a very reasonabe price and reliable. If u want to book your own transfers to and from the hotel email the hotel a few weeks before you arrive and they will arrange it for you, this way you do not have to stop at all the other hotels on route.

I know this hotel is not going to suit everyone, if u want a friendly, quiet hotel that is not too far from Naama Bay, Old Market, El Macato and only 15 minutes from the airport (if u r doing ur own transfers) then this a great hotel to stay at.

I will be going back in the Auturm for another 2 weeks and I am looking forward to meeting up will all my new friends who work at the hotel and some English friends I made here last year.

If I can help answer anymore question please feel free to ask. I hope if you choose this hotel for your holiday you have a great time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank tracey080265
Preston, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

odoWe had a room by the small pool we had a few noisy nights but after talking to the manager he solved the problem . The big pool gets very noisy daytime but the quiet pool was nice most of the time a bit short on sun beds though . We would like to see the quiet pool for adults only as kids kept coming from the big pool screaming and running around , i just wanted to sit back and enjoy a bit of peace . The rooms were clean but the bath needed a good scrub . Food was good at first then got boring the soup was good . We found the staff very nice but very layed back dont expect them to move very fast . Going out at night you get pesterd to hell by taxi drivers but as there is nothing round about you may as well stay in the hotel . Soho square is worth seeing but on the expensive side , we hoped to get back to the hotel in time for a drink but the bus driver pulled up at the side of the road for no reason ensuring we were back as the bar was closing and they refused to serve anyone , no accedent i assure you . We would go back but found the nights very boring .

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the quiet pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris W
Crawley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was umming and ahhing about whether I should vote this hotel a 4 or 5 over the past couple of weeks and I have decided to go with a 4. After reading a lot of reviews on this site, I was perhaps slightly disappointed but that is not to say I did not have a fabulous time and that the hotel was not very good, which it was. I think from the reviews I expected an extremely luxurious hotel which would be perfect!

There are a couple of things that mark down my vote so I'll get those out of the way first.

1. The food: towards the end of the week this did improve and the BBQ on the Tuesday night was amazing, but on a day to day basis the food wasn't the best. There are seven or eight dish varieties and these usually include chicken, beef, rice, chips, potatoes, pizza, pasta etc. There was however a very good variety of bread and salad each day.

2. The pool pests: We got our sunbed on our first day at about 9am and within an hour we had someone trying to sell us a massage/manicure/newspapers/henna tattoos. These are usually in white polo shirts and should NOT be confused with the incredible animation team who wear red (which I will come back to). The people who try and sell you things are very pervy and will test yours (or your girlfriend's) nerve. They are very touchy feely and it's a bit creepy but once you tell them you aren't interested they generally just come round every day for a chat. Bit annoying though. I think a lot of older women enjoy the attention they get from these men and assume that all British women are the same.

Those were the only two negatives about our holiday, so let me get onto the positives.

We arrived around 11pm on the Saturday night and we greeted by a friendly member of staff at reception. He asked if we were hungry and arranged for us to have a hotdog and chips. This was really impressive service! We were shown to our rooms which were absolutely fine. Quite dated furniture but the air conditioning was perfect and we had a fridge and a satellite TV. The view was crap but we kept the curtains shut anyway to keep the room cool.

When you check in, you are given towel cards which you exchange with the 'towel' guy in the morning. I've read previous reviews which say these were not clean, I can absolutely say that they were very clean everyday.

I suggest that if you have come for a relaxing holiday, head to the 'quiet' pool at the back of the hotel, there were sunbeds available all day therefore there was no need to wake up at 7 to reserve a bed. There was a bar right next to the 'quiet' pool and Karim was very friendly.

The big pool had activities and music all day which leads me onto the Animation team. I only ever spoke to Gharib who is one of the most genuinely nice person I have ever met. So friendly and easy to get along with. We are now friends on Facebook!

They walk around the hotel and ask people to get into activities everyday but aren't pushy about it at all. They are very informative and nothing is too much. Volleyball everyday was great fun and aerobics and water polo happened at the bigger pool all the time too.

The animation team are an absolute credit to the hotel and are one of the best things about it. The staff overall are very friendly and if you want something extra ASK! They aren't mindreaders so if you aren't happy about whats on the menu for dinner, as the two restaurant managers to cook you something else and they will!

Overall the hotel was very good. The staff made you feel part of a family and the only reason I've not voted it 5 is basically the food. This hotel is rated very highly on TripAdvisor and if the food improves it definitely has the potential to reach 4.5 on average.

If you smoke - 200 cigarettes will cost you £10!!! Go to the little shop in reception, the guys in there sell loads of little essentials. If you can't find something, go out of the hotel and turn right, there is a little supermarket.

We'd love to go back to this hotel and I am sure we will. Perfect if you're on a budget. I'd be very surprised if you could find a better hotel in Sharm for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the quiet pool.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles