“Wonderful Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #81 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Leeds
“Wonderful Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Falcon Hills is a lovely place for a quiet relaxing holiday. Having stayed there once before it was our first choice again. When we arrived at Falcon Hills to check in I was amazed that Mohammed remembered us from over 2 years ago! As did the other members of staff who were there on our previous visit. The staff are very friendly as usual and made us feel very welcome yet again. Big thank you to Osama, Mostafa, Karam, Kareem, shaban, Aziz, Mahmood, Cheif Saad, Ayman (who I beat at pool!) and anyone else who's name I may have missed for looking after us during our stay. Also to Sharef for cleaning our room and making us towel sculptures. The rooms are clean and spacious with a fridge and TV. The restaurant offers a wide selection of food which was always delicious and freshly cooked. The pool and pool area is very well maintained. There was occasional evening entertainment which was good but could be improved. The location is good and only a short walk from the beach and local shopping centre. There is also a man who comes around selling newspapers each day. We call him Rooney! When we bought a paper we gave him it back after reading it so he can sell it again

The only downside is that you do not get free WIFI which I think should be available to guests staying at the hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from 2 weeks staying at Falcon Hills Hotel in Sharm el Sheikh. We had stayed here at the end of last year and decided to return again. We arrived to be greeted by Mohamed on recepotion with a smile and a warm welcome, very quickly we were checked in and taken to our room.

The rooms are of an adaquate size we had twin beds, a bathroom with a shower but there are rooms that also have baths if you prefer to stretch out in the bath, the hotel is happy to accomadate your wishes where possible. The room was very clean and of good decor.

The resturant/bar staff are amazing, they bend over backwards to help every guest. Osama, Kareem, Mahmoud, Ali, Sadak and Kareem to name but a few were alway there to help and if there was anything we wanted we only had to ask and it was done.

Ayman and Mostafa are the gents who lookafter the pools, there are happy to move beds or help put up the very heavy parasols for u if a little shade is what you want, they are also very good at table tennis and pool if u fancy challenging them to a game.

I have stayed is many hotels Falcon Hills is a small resonable quiet hotel that is 5 minutes drive from Naama Bay or Old Market but Falcon Hills is by far one of the frendlies hotels I have stayed in.

I returned last night and I am now planning my next stay there for June this year.

Room Tip: if you like an early night ask for a room by the second pool as the entertainment in the evening is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank tracey080265
Heythuysen, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our first trip to Falcon Hills, probably not our last,
We travelled with 7 persons 5 adults 2 childern age 8 and 11.
We arrived early 8.00am and our rooms were availlable, an extra bed was brought within half an hour.
The people (Fouad and Mohamed) at the reception are very helpfull, also with the booking of any excursion, got a better price than in the flyers.
The Service in the restuarant was exceptional, Osama, Sadak, and Ali and all others treated us, as kings and queens.
Special thanks to Osama, he arranged breakfast at the day of arrival, a reserved table for 7, for the whole week, and extended all inclusif till 17.00h on the day of departure.
He took care of us, the whole week with drinks and food, so we got everything we wanted.
The food was perfect, there was every day beef, chicken and fish and enough variation of rice, chips, pasta and vegetables. No one got sick., so the hygiene is good.
The room ( 126) was big enough for 4 persons, the bathroom had an shower, we missed a hairdryer.
Reza cleaned perfectly every day, and it was always a suprise what he made with the fresh towels.
We liked the beds, because they were not so soft, but firm, we slept good every night.
The anamation during the day was minimal darts and volley, in the evening we went to SoHo square, Naama Bay. In the evening there were an spectacular Oriental night, Karaoke, and a Quiz., and a Mister falcon contest.
For Us it was an unforgettable experience, in an perfect Hotel, with perfect service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Johan H
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is the third time I have returned to this hotel and I am very pleased I had returned again.
The staff at this hotel are really amazing and go out of there way to make your holiday a memorable one. They are friendly, funny and fantastic!
The first night I got two bites on my leg off mosquitoes and I spoke to the general manager about these when he had asked ‘how my stay was so far’ and I was very impressed that he had a plug in repellent placed in my room for me within the hour………now that is what I call service!
The complex is also fumigated daily which I was delighted with as the mosquitoes usually love me and this does keep them at bay.
As a returning customer the staff went out of their way to make sure my holiday was yet again perfect, from finding me a table in the restaurant, to serving me with drinks and I must say Kareem and Karam are exceptional at their jobs, I was well looked after and they never seen me without a drink from making sure I did not dehydrate when sunbathing to serving me with alcohol when I fancied a drink.
I feel it would be beneficial and It would be nice to have a quiet area where you can have a drink and a chat and be able to hear one another.
One of the great things about this hotel is when you are all inclusive you literally have everything catered for including bottled water for your room.
The food was very good again and I loved all of their home made soups- where they had a wide variety daily along with stews etc and they were beautiful but most importantly the chicken pie is exquisite. I really wish the chef would put all of his recipes into a book for the customers to buy as I’m sure they could make a lot of money out of this as the food is delicious and I would love to be able to cook these back at home. Most importantly you are not poorly as it is a myth that when you go to Egypt you come back with ‘Egyptian tummy’ when you stay at a brilliant hotel like this who also have a certificate/ rating for cleanliness and hygiene you are not going to be ill at all, which allows for you to go about and do whatever trip you want.
We did get a taxi to El Fanar beach and agreed the price before we got in, which you must do! However he still tried to pull a fast one and tried to say that it was each, not likely! be firm and give them what had been agreed as they will literally take your eyes out and come back for the sockets if you let them!
There was a difference this time around in the hotel, as the clientele had changed and there was a lot more Eastern Europeans who literally would queue to be seated in the restaurant and then queue again to serve themselves in the dining room. I was not into this as it was like ‘feeding time at the zoo’ which is crazy as the chefs watch and cook all of the food fresh and replenish this constantly, however they did take large portions so it is better to come for a meal around an hour after the dining room had opened as there was no queues and the food is always fresh.
There was a lot of Russians in the hotel this time and there was a few who were extremely loud and wanted to party all night. However we did complain to reception and what a fantastic response, the security tried to negotiate with them; however the guests would not comply so the following morning they were evicted! Allowing me to have a very peaceful nights sleep the remainder of my holiday.
We did speak to the staff the following day about this, who explained it is their policy to keep the rest of the guests happy
The pool guy- Aymen is fantastic at his job and the pool and the surrounding area is kept immaculate by him. He also went out of his way to look after us and put our towels out onto a sunbed for us, to prevent us having to be up early and he knew the spot we liked to sunbathe in.
The cleaners work very hard and go out of their way to make your holiday very comfortable and love to have a chat/joke with you. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

The Falcon Hills is the place to be and I am looking forward to returning again very soon.

Room Tip: our preference is to stay on the ground floor beside the large pool but not with an adjourning door...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank MissPMurtha
SKELMERSDALE
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Another new for us. weve not ever been away for christmas/new year. But having spent 4 holidays at Falcon Hills we couldnt think of any where better. They took christmas eve to be christmas day and it was a lovely time. The tennis courts were transformed into a fairy grotto. The staff changed from being in black and white to GENTLEMEN and wot wonderful gents they were. Osam you were a man amongst men as were ALL your staff. As my hubby in a wheelchair the floor had small problems because of the grass but again as always the staff were all on hand to help me out and we had a great time. we were only home 3 days and booked for christmas 2013. CANT WAIT TO BE BACK with family and friends again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallinn
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at Falcon Hills 13 - 20 January and really enjoyed it! The rooms and the whole hotel are nice and clean, the staff is very friendly and taking good care of the guests and the hotel all the time. We enjoyed the food, particularly fish and vegetables. The choice was not that big but you could always find something that was really good and enjoy every meal. Food prepared outside was also fantastic. Plenty of fresh fruits, too. I had heard rumours of terrible coffee in Sharm, fortunately coffee in this hotel was absolutely ok. The animation team was good, the show given in the evening was very nice. Free bush service to beach and Soho Square and Nama Bay was also helpful. The beach is fantastic for just sunbathing as well as snorkling. We are quire sure we'll go back! Very good price and quality ratio

Room Tip: When you want to be away of music, rooms at the back pool are better. We stayed close to the big poo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Armi13
West Kirby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just returned from Falcon Hills after spending 15 days there! Got to say, for a 3 star, you get first class treatment! Arrived in the evening and was shown to my room which I have to say was not a nice room, No. 633, spent one night there and realised I could not spend the rest of my holiday in the room as it was basically like a prison cell, BUT, complained at reception and told him the reasons why it was not acceptable, and between him and the management they changed my room to one by the pool, which I have to say was gorgeous, and made the rest of my stay there perfect. Cleaners are fantastic, looked like a new room every day, with glorious towel sculptures everytime I came back from the beach. Food was very very good, good choice and great standard, they go to an awful lot of trouble to please everybody. Great shuttle service from hotel to beach twice a day, and in the evening to Naama Bay and back, saves a lot of money on taxis. Some taxi drivers were excellent, some were trying to rip you off, one of them wanted me to pay £10 for a £2.50 ride, and he got quite bullyish about it, but I stuck to my guns and threw the £2.50 at him and got out of the car. Best thing to do is to agree the price BEFORE you get in to the car..
Animators at the hotel are great with the few kids that were there, and always had a smile. Lovely friendly guy offering the spa services and DID take no for an answer. The hotel had everything I needed...access to computer, great swimming pools, table tennis, gym (not much of it worked to be honest)
Went on a fantastic day out on a boat snorkelling, take my advice and do this trip, you wont regret it, best day of the holiday.
Met a few people in the hotel, who go back year after year, and i can see why, Ive come home and looking already. Location wise, its a decent trip away from the noise e.g. Naama Bay, and the beauty of having a shuttle bus to take you there and back for free. Anyway, i have nothing but good to say about the place, loved my room and the tv and the lovely bathroom. Go!!

Room Tip: Definately dont let them give you room 633!!!! I had room 136 eventually and it was a gorgeous room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo