“we had the best time ever”

Royal Rojana Resort
Ranked #127 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Very nice Hotel! We were with my friend at New Year! Great Party! great time there! Food was very good tasty and various! Cool Disco ! very fun animation team! U will not be bored there day and night! Advise to everyone espevially if u go with friends to have fun! )))) we were there 2 weeks ago! and going back soon with more friends ))))))))))))

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank frenchkiss4u
There are newer reviews for Royal Rojana Resort

Reviewed June 23, 2008

my dad took me 21 and my sister who is 15 to the royal rojana for a nice holiday and all we had where problems. first there wasnt one english person there everyone was russian.
my sister wanted her hair braided and they wanted £35 english pounds we said no way! so i asked a russian couple how much they had paid and they said £18 english pounds half the bloody price! so my dad and i asked how comes they wanted to charge us double? there answer was it was russian season they get good discount!! my sister wanted to use the internet they charged her £4.50 gbp, the same amount to use the pool tables
at night time coming back from the casino all you could smell was really bad drains, its all uphill its like being in a gym but outside, the receptionist where arrogant, unhelpful.
and the thing is egypt is a reaaly nice place i loved going out of the hotel and doing other things, i would definantly go back to egypt but never to that hotel!! oh and when my dad went to pay our room bill he was told by one receptionist it was 1800 egyption pounds, so he went to a cash machine drew it out and when he went to pay it there was a different receptionist who told him it was 1900 egyption pounds, my dad said so in the space of 5 mins its gone up 100, they then spoke arabic between them and made up a lie that because he was paying cash it was 1900 if he paid by card it was 1800. i dont know where this hotel got 5 stars from cos it aint even worth 1.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
7  Thank pretti20
Reviewed January 31, 2008

Stayed there 23-30 December 2007

I promised my new Italian friends who I met in Royal Rojana Resort to write a review on this hotel which I will do when I have a bit more time but for now - please just believe me and do not book your holiday in this hotel!!! You will be disappointed for sure!!!!

I am Russian myself living in London. My parents are still in Moscow so I go to visit them sometimes. We've travelled with my mother to Egypt from Moscow two times since April 2007 and we are not the richest people..Travel packages to Egypt are very cheap in Russia. Anyone can afford them! I have no idea why!!! We paid 400 pounds for both of us for 8 days/7 nights, all inclusive, flights and insurance!! That's why there are sooo many russians around!!!!

From my Italian friends I heard how much they paid for their holiday and I was shocked..

Of course if one pays a lot of money, one expects a good service, a clean room where everything works, nice food etc - that all you cannot get in this hotel!!!!

I will write more as I promised but for now

DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: December 2007
3  Thank maggese
Reviewed January 9, 2008

We booked the hotel royal rojana through a internet holiday company. it was meant as a weeks break from new years eve!
we were noy informed that is was 99.9% russian and fully catered for the russians!

This was an all inclusive holiday! we were not informed at anytime that the new years eve gala that we were given tickets for on arrival was to be charged to us on our depature, (we only stayed 30 mins, could not get near any food!!)or that the drinks were to be paid for! i ordered a gin and tonic, the staff brought me a bottle, i expalined that i only wanted a drink but i was forced to buy the bottle!!

The food was very repative, luke warm, unimagative, and pretty distateful!! although the russians loved it, we could not get near and food bar for them, they were like locust!!

we tried the italian restaurant one night, walked out when the food arrived! dried up mess!!
Went to tne fish restaurant where it is chargable thought it could not be too bad if we had to pay! how wrong we were!!

The staff very very nice but could speak english!

we were next door to the airport and under the landing flight path! it rattled the room day and night, could not get any sleep!

The alcohol was very weak in strength, the white wine was warm and served in tumblers! the best night was when we went out of the complex and went to hardrock cafe! we had cold white wine in a wine glass!! lovely food and english speaking customers, sheer bliss!!

This hotel was advertiesed as a 5 star we would give it a 1 based on the cleaner of our room!! he was great! and our room was spotless every day.

this is the first time we visited Egypt and we have been informed by others that there are better places, unfortunately after this experiance we are not willing to try again! you can keep Egypt!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank GillianWestYorkshire
Reviewed December 11, 2007

3 weeks before our holiday, I checked out TripAdvisor to confirm lastminute.coms write up and to bask in the 5 star loveliness that my boyfriend and I had excitedly just booked. Every review was utterly depressing. We were shocked to read reports of cockroaches, food poisoning, rude staff and so on and resigned ourselves to the fact that our 5* hotel was going to be anything but.

However we soon realised it wasn't all that bad! Yes, if you are expecting 5* luxury, this is not what you will get, and you may have been as taken in by the reviews on travel agent websites as we were.

However if you have booked and now can't cancel it, don't despair. Modify your expectations a little and you will still have a lovely time!

Room: The rooms are average but incredibly clean and well appointed. We requested a king size double bed and got one! The shower was powerful and hot.

Clientele: In winter, this is all Russian. We met one other Brit couple in the hotel in the whole week. No big deal - the Russians keep to themselves and no "Brits abroad"! It actually made for a better time in my eyes!

Beach: The beach is private, but not sandy. It's man made of grit and the Russians love their loud, Euro-pop. However there are a couple of very quiet sun terraces with ladders down to the water and the amazing reef, and these were a nice place to relax and listen to the waves.

Snorkelling: The Rojana's grounds drops down to an amazingly beautiful and easily accessible reef. If you're going for snorkelling, the Rojana is great and has a dive centre on site.

Accessibility: If you have mobility problems, avoid the Rojana. It is hilly and the complex is massive. If you are able-bodied, don't be put off - the gardens are lovely and a walk after a day in the sun is actually quite nice.
The Rojana has a fleet of reasonably priced taxis which were readily available for trips to Naama Bay, Old Sharm etc.

Food: All eastern European. No Egyptian or Western. If you like your food bland and tasteless, but in massive quantities, you'll love it here! We ate out twice in Naama Bay at Viva on the sea front - excellent food and fairly cheap. Great sheesha bar right next door.

Rojana staff: They love the English (and my Kiwi boyfriend) and have little time for the Russians. Great sense of humour and love a joke. Tip them and you will be looked after very well!

All in all, we had a lovely time.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank Napoleon-Fan
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I am going to give a fair and honest review of our stay at Royal Rojana. My husband and I went with our three teenage children, 18, 16 and 14. If you are expecting wonderful surroundings then you must remember Sharm El Sheikh was built about 20 years ago on a desert so the landscape is going to be rugged but once you step inside the hotel grounds, the views of the Red Sea and Mountains are spectacular. If you like wandering outside your hotel grounds then this probably isnt the holiday for you, we did walk to the Local Supermarket situated at the next Hotel along but the walk was not pleasant as there were no paths and it really was a dumping ground for plastic bottles, crockery and even syringes, so I would give that a miss. Staff at the Royal Rojana are outstanding. Rooms and Hotel and clean. Food is adequate and I would say that if you have a fussy child as we do then I would not stay at this Hotel. Our 16 year son survived mainly on Melon and Bread Rolls, he does love chips but could only get them daily lunch times at the Bay Watch but chips were not on the menu every evening. But there was always chicken, potatoes etc. The pools were clean and plenty of them to go round, they were cold but in temperatures of over 35 degrees were much needed and once you had swam a couple of strokes you didnt notice the cold. Daily entertainment was great around the pool area although you were not hassled to join in. Evening entertainment was poor and consisted of competions at 10pm and was not really in English. Snorkeling at the private beaches were fantastic. I would recommend you take American Dollars as the exchange rate is great at the moment but they do take sterling, euro and egyptian pounds (but they would rather not). A visit to the Pyramids is a must but be prepared for a long day but it will not disappoint you and is awesome. Also, the Quad Biking was unbelievable, we did the Sunrise one, which meant being collected at 3.40am but there were not as many people and it was cooler at this time but the kids loved it. I would say that if you are looking for a holiday full of English people, with evening entertainment and plenty of english food then this resort is not for you but if you want a relaxing by the pool holiday, fantastic snorkeling and wonderful weather then this holiday cannot be faulted. The All Inclusive does not include Ice-Creams but we was told to give them a miss anyway as they were not worth the 2 euros, also, when a man walks round offering you smoothies which you accept he will come back later taking your room number as you will be charged for these. Water in your rooms in also not part of the all inclusive deal. We feel 10 days would have been enough unless you have lots of money and can do more excursions, we did 3 in 14 days and really 2 more would have been good but with 5 in our party it does become costly. But we all had a fantastic time and to be honest it doesnt matter where you go there are always going to be niggles of faults with your holiday but if the other option is being at work in freezing cold England then the faults are soon put to the back of your mind.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank AshfordMand
Reviewed October 21, 2007

Hi, my husband and I have just returned from five days at the Royal Rojana Resort. The break was in celebration of our Anniversary following a terribly sad and difficult 12 months, I emailed the Hotel two weeks prior to going explaining this. I booked the Executive Suite with all the supposed extras which went with it in the ,quote, Luxurious Five Star Resort. When we arrived we were shown to a dirty room, the bed unmade, ash in the ashtray, towels on the floor, broken toilet seat, the 21 sky channels had no reception........need I go on! Yes I must! We found our way back to Reception, I cried, the complete lack of interest from the Management Team was diabolical, we had left home at 10.00am in the morning and it was now gone 1.00am, I pleaded with them for just a clean room for the night but the hotel was over booked! With Russians by the way, out of 500 rooms, 20 were allocated to English. When our 'suite' was finally ready, which was two rooms next to each other with a hole knocked through for the door, no ambience at all, it was still very basic, do not expect a basket of fruit on arrival or tea making facilities, or even little extras in the bathroom, which the kids love on our return. Don't even expect a welcome leather bound book with details of restaurants, fire exits etc, you get a photo copied piece of paper on arrival. The food, well is cold, and the night befores menu is reinvented for breakfast and lunch, stick to the pancakes at least you know they are fresh! The best restaurant is on the front overlooking the sea, but look out for the birds going in and out of the kitchen feasting themselves. We asked to change hotels but apparantly the whole of Sharm was fully booked. We both became very ill on day 3, and, we are not recovered yet some 7 days later. I feel very sad that our first trip to Egypt is memorable for all the wrong reasons, this hotel has a butlins feel to it and I would put it at a 2/3 star max! The hotel staff remember you and are lovely, the fish are amazing, the sea is crystal clear, glass bottom boat worth a go. We spoke to a few other couples at this resort who were also very disappointed. I did lodge a complaint with the rep who was very unhelpful and our toilet seat was never repaired, I have also requested a full refund, what to do if we don't get one? Any suggestions,
Dawn and Chris