“good for small money”
Review of Viva Sharm Hotel

Viva Sharm Hotel
Ranked #214 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Me and my husband spent a week with them 12.01- 19.01. We loved it there. Food was good as to AL.It's not directly at the beach, but we had a choice of free shuttle buses to two different beaches, so we tried both.We liked Farsha more. They cleaned our room daily. A bit too quiet, but that was the thing we looked for. They put us in the room that faces the main street, but 10p.m. to 6a.m. it's not noisy. Staff was smily and trying to help. So we think it's perfect for its 3 stars;))

3  Thank Anna J
Viva_Sharm_12, Front Office Manager at Viva Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for choosing viva Sharm hotel for your holiday and thank you for submitting a Trip Advisor review, pleased to know that you had a great time at our hotel

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

On Behalf of the Management & Staff, Thank you

Reviewed January 27, 2014

we have returned home after 2weeks in this hotel .the staff were very good every one is friendly.we met some fantastic people and had a great laugh with them ,its a good job we did else we would have been very miserable .we know its only a 3 star but we should have had better than we did for the money we paid .my husband slipped in the tiny bath when having a shower there were no hand grips to help him in and out ,he was badly bruised on his back and his hand swelled up like a foot ball .the management were very kind and gave us a room with a walk in shower ,the pathways around the hotel are very in bad condition ,very dangerous at night when the lights are off ,the bar is disgusting the smokers are allowed to smoke in there, none smokers have to stay outside ,when you go in to get a drink ,you come out choking ,the bar stops serving all inclusive at 10 pm then you have to pay .you are only allowed one glass at a time so you are unable to get extra drink before the bar closes ,you can only have wine with your evening meal between 7pm and 9pm it is rediculous .one lunch time there was very little food a bit of fish and a few chips which were given to you .asked about soup ,the answer NO SOUP .the soup was the best thing on the menu .this hotel should be called DISASTER the tv is rubbish .the wardrobe door fell off twice the bathroom door did not close ,and the safe did not work .i could go on ,all these people that praised this hotel are living in cuckoo land ,before we left management tried to pressure us to go on their computer to trip advisor we refused .this is the first time we have given a bad review ,we have travelled all over the world and found this hotel the worst yet .it is run on a shoe string , penny pinching on everthing ,be warned DO NOT GO THERE

Room Tip: all rooms are the same
3  Thank elsie b

Dear Guest of Viva Sharm Hotel,

Thanks so much for your review and i would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday in Sharm ,
I would like to assure that all your comments specially the negative comments will assist us to improve our services in the future and we will be happy to see you again here in Viva Sharm Hotel .

Thank you again and again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The service from the staff in this hotel is 100% i have stayed at this hotel twice and me and my fiance is going back in febuary. I have seen the changes in this hotel after the new management has taken over 18 months ago and they have done a great job and still doing a great job.
I would recommend this hotel to any one . so looking forward to seeing the friendly and very helpful staff and management again.

Brenda , scotland

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brenda k

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us through Trip Advisor, I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received

We look forward welcoming you again and wish your loved ones and you an excellent upcoming festive season!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

It was the first time I had ever traveled single, the second time in egypt the first time i stopped in five star all inclusive, right let me tell you viva sharm is not five star but it offers you every thing you need out of a relaxing Christmas break. I was a little apprehensive when I landed in egypt but when I got to the hotel the staff was so helpful right from helping off the bus and through cheek in to my room.The staff was so helpful and friendly all though my stay at the viva sharm what more can you ask for, the two entertainment guys was great they got every body involved in the games and loads of dancing.
The food at viva sharm is fantastic you could always find something to your taste, from fish to beef, chicken or even tasty pasta dishes. I stopped 11 nights and I wasn't disappointed, and has for beer and sprits they was always flowing.
I had no complaint with the room if anything it was one of the bigest twin rooms I ever stopped in, always cleaned and plenty of towel sculptors, plenty of hot water. What more does a single traveler need.
All in all the hotel offers a great atmosphere for families though to the single.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank tazsheeba
Viva_Sharm_12, Front Office Manager at Viva Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

Your praises for the animation team will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

On Behalf of the Management & Staff, Thank you

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had such a great time at viva! The staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean! The hotel was in quite a good location, quiet enough but not far from bars and beaches. The food was average but overall a very good holiday. Would defiantly come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to post your comments regarding to your stay at viva Sharm hotel

Your feedback is too much valuable for us, as we always gain new experience from others perceptions and that help us to improve our services, that we aim to provide to our valued guests such as yourself.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I spent a week over New year here and have been three times before and enjoyed each visit.Some people havegreat expectations from a three star value for money deal.This hotel has worked hard to improve its standards in the fifteen months of new ownership. andt ifhIf you thithe decisions to revamp and where to spend money are easy think again .They will never please everyone and sadly it is aalways the ones who felt hard done by that have so much to say.I have stayed in five star hotels here and could have slagged them off about food hygiene service and friendlyness but did not as it was my PERSONAL thoughts..Viva is a friendly small hotel working towards agreater future but some reviews are very unfair.I accept freedom of speech and all that but some things are not true.I was there..The Gala evening for New year was amazing and continued for midnight English time .some of the staff worked twenty hours each for two days previous and still smiled because they were proud of their work.Of course some people spoiled it the next day by coming to blows all due to drink.at this stage i was ashaned to be British.I have to ad these people were not young laagerlouts but middle aged men .I am not a prude but There is a time and a place and this was not it.DO give viva a chance have a good value for money stay and see for yourself the ongoing work they are doing.My thanks to all who wotk there I enjoyed it and i have booked to come back in March.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mrs. Margaret,

We look forward welcoming you again on March and wish your loved ones and you an excellent upcoming festive season!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This a three star hotel so dont be thinking you will get a five star for three star money! This is my second time to this hotel in the past 8 months and if i didnt like it the first time i wouldnt of came back the second time.

The staff really make this hotel they cant do enough for you any time of day or night. They are very friendly but as i stated it is because they want to help you any way they can. i have read a review on here stating that Hatem is a lurch!!! This is not the case as he is one of the best staff members i have ever met and infact got me the room i asked for before i cam back the second time. Bob the pool man is another amazing member of staff and always has your towels on the sunbeds in the morning in the spot you want. Infact most of the staff are brilliant.

The food is what you make of it at a three star and the alcohol could taste better but for 20 pound a night what do you want!!!

All in all i do like this hotel and will always go back because of the friendly atmosphere.

2  Thank Angela F

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for your valuable time sharing your experience in viva sham hotel.

Such reviews are reward to the team for all the effort done to make your stay with us delightful.

We promise you that we will always enhance our services to meet you future expectation.