“4th time & Just gets better . . . . Excellent food, service, rooms & staff . . thanks”
Review of Viva Sharm Hotel

Viva Sharm Hotel
Ranked #213 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Having just returned from a 16 day holiday at the Viva Sharm (this is our 4th visit - why change hotels if you love this one), started coming to the hotel in 2011 and since then have seen changes for the better. The accommodation in the new block (quieter poolside) is modern and airy with a good sized balcony overlooking the pool. Only downside, you are shaded from the sun (if you want to be baked on the balcony then request main pool side !!) but to have shade is a welcome bit of bliss. All rooms have air conditioning and a small fridge. You can not fault the politeness and attentiveness of the staff, well mannered and professional from the housekeepers, chefs, waiters, reception staff, barstaff & pool attendants, oh and the managers of course who keep them all in check to ensure the guests are happy with the service they are receiving.
The food variety caters for all, buffet breakfast with freshly cooked omelettes, fried or scrambled egg, vast variety of pastries, salad bar with cold meat, cheese, cereal and hot buffet egyptian style. Lunch has a variety of Rice or Pasta dishes, Burgers & Chips, Salads, Soup and vast variety of breads. Evening Meal is also buffet style, Salads, Soups, Choice of different meat or fish dishes every night (beef "carvin" (egyptian spelling for carvery), chicken, even duck, meat pie and an egyptian BBQ once a week with Chicken and Kofta (absolutely delicious).
The only downfall . . . . . . If you have booked on an All Inclusive deal check with your agents before you travel as the A/I times and conditions were changed as of May 1st 2013 to the following: 10.00hrs – 17.00hrs & 18.00hrs – 22.00hrs. We were assured the agents were contacted by email over 1 month ago but as a result had not contacted all their clients before departure & not all of the websites have as yet been updated to include this new information. Do not let this put you off this hotel . . . . . budget accordingly after 22.00hrs as you will have to pay for your drinks.
Sorry Olivia early morning stretching, darts are not on the holiday agenda but I know you had plenty of other younger takers eager to stretch their limbs and test their accuracy of throwing a "pointy" thing after a night & early morning on the booze !! Good luck to ya and Adam x (from the "ol cleaning lady" ...guessed who yet . . hint ...)
Its not just the staff that make this hotel what it is , thanks also have to go to the friendly guests of all nationalities who are willing to talk & smile to everyone, coz even a smile in the morning goes such a long way to making the holiday enjoyable, this hotel brings out the best in everyone.
Looking forward to returning in Oct / Nov so see you all then and thanks to all the Viva Team for such an enjoyable holiday . . . . . (can't wait till then really, but have to fit in with work & holiday dates available).

Room Tip: Updated rooms are situated around the "quieter pool" (balconies shaded from the sun) Sunn...
3  Thank mazMXmad
Viva_Sharm_12, Director of Sales at Viva Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I would like to thank you finding the time to review our hotel and i would like to thank you so much on behalf the management and all the staff for choosing our hotel for spending your holiday on the same time we will be expecting to see you again soon

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel.
The staff are so helpful and friendly and go over and above to ensure you have the best holiday experience.
The entertainment at this hotel is fantastic. There were 3 reps out by the pool all day entertaining the guests and a different show every night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Viva_Sharm_12, Director of Sales at Viva Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest
i would like to thank you finding the time to review our hotel and i would like to thank you so much on behalf the management and all the staff for choosing our hotel for spending your holiday on the same time we will be expecting to see you again soon...

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Upon my arrival at Viva Sharm it seemed like any other hotel, however after staying there for a few days I soon realised this hotel is like no other. I can honestly say I had the time of my life at this hotel. The staff are excellent and go above and beyond to make you are happy. They are always smiling and friendly no matter what time of day. The animation team are the best I've met around the world. Olivia and Adam are a first class team and I can recommend morning stretches to everyone!! My stay at Viva Sharm was so amazing I'm off back in 4 weeks. Thank you so much to the management and the staff of Viva Sharm, I look forward to seeing you all again very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms over by the quiet pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MissKymHall

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent 11 days at the Viva Sharm (a single lady on my own). In no way did I feel uncomfortable. The staff and the other guests made me feel extremely welcome and looked after me. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at reception, in the restaurant, at the bar or by the pool. I always like to stay "all inclusive" and the food was the best I have had on holiday so far, better than 4/5 star hotels I have stayed in. The animation team are fun to be around so don't hesitate to join in the morning stretches, the darts, the volley ball, aqua aerobics and evening entertainment and at the disco outside of the hotel they continue to look after their guests, ensuring you return safely to the hotel. Would I return to the Viva Sharm - oooooohhh yes and hopefully soon.

Room Tip: The rooms near the quiet pool area are more modern and spacious - I wasn't on this side, but bec...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JillRenwick

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Excellent value for money, yes it's an old hotel however the improvements during our stay were happening in front of our eyes. They are very very helpful & friendly people, take a cheap taxi to the nearby beaches & feel like a millionaire ! Boat trips & quads + star gazing brilliant value, very vibrant places to visit during the evening but join in the fun of being hassled to buy things or it will annoy you! They love a good barter but if you don't want it just say No they understand !

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our wonderful holiday lasted from 11 to 25 April 2013. Very friendly hotel with great service. We had a really great holiday. Thank you to all staff, especially the waiters, cooks and recepcjonistom for a smile and help. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax in a great atmosphere.

3  Thank AGNIESZKAANDRZEJ

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here from 18th to 26th April. We were not really sure what to expect due to some of the bad reviews that people have left on here but these couldn’t be further from the truth. The hotel is lovely, our room was spacious with everything you need on holiday including a fridge and a shower with plenty of hot water. The food was interesting, not really much on offer in the way of British food but always something to get by on, plenty of fresh salads and a variety of fresh breads. The pool areas are lovely, clean and well maintained. There are 2 pools, 1 is lively and the other quiet so we asked for a room on the quiet side which was really peaceful and relaxing. There are lots of good points to this hotel, the free mini-bus to Naama bay, the on site doctor, the cleaner who left fabulous towel sculptures on our bed to name a few. I can’t remember the names of all the staff but they all deserve recognition for the hard work and effort they put in to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, they really can’t do enough for you. Viva Sharm staff… thank you very much for making our holiday so enjoyable, it was a pleasure to meet you all, hope to see you again soon.

4  Thank HugoLucy