“Absolute paradise”

Nubian Island Hotel
Ranked #22 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotels grounds as a whole is paradise, beautiful flowers palm trees and the cleanliness is excellent, not too mention the rooms spotless every day with the most beautiful towel decorations. The staff, where too begin from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart you couldn't be more satisfied, the food is delicious with a massive variety breakfast/ lunch/ dinner the desserts are unreal the chefs and waitrons will do anything to satisfy your every need, don't even get me started with the animation, personally they made my holiday best people and memories will be held forever, I'm booking another stay at the end off the year with my partner and have never wanted to go back somewhere like the beautiful Nubian Island. No matter what age, single, couple, family, or even going alone it's 5 star quality by a long shot, and am very happy with my stay and can't wait too get back, thank you nubian for making my holiday so memorable, everyone off you!

• Stayed: June 2014
Ruslana0212, Public Relations Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.
We are pleased you were satisfied with your room and cleanliness - we do encourage all our guests to speak with us during the stay in particular we like to receive feedback regarding our food quality/variety as we are always looking to improve.
We are long for your return to us again in the future.
Once again thank you for your comments.
Ruslana

Write a ReviewReviews (2,152)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Another fantastic holiday at the Nubian Island, such a pretty hotel with wonderful staff who are so helpful and accommodating we have stayed there 7 times now and are never disappointed and can't wait for our next visit. We have been to Egypt at least 14 times and this is our favorite hotel it feels like going home because of the way we are received and welcomed back I would recommend this hotel to families, couples of any age and i am positive that once tried you will return.

Room Tip: The bungalows are lovey
1  Thank Sharrie12
Ruslana0212, Public Relations Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Our Repeaters!
Thank you once again for another lovely review - your comments and loyalty are highly appreciated.
We are looking forward to meeting from you after New Year celebration with your family as you promised. And photos we would like also to see.
Your Egyptian Home is waiting for you!
The Warmest and Kindest Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Myself and my Husband had a weeks stay from 26th - 3rd july. A cheeky week away without the children, we had a fab time. Arriving on a late flight being only 10 minutes from the airport was defiantly a plus. The inside of the hotel was just wow marble everywhere very grand. We were given a nice refreshing cold drink on arrival while checking in which was very quick at efficient. We were shown to our bungalow which was about half way between the main hotel and the bottom pool. The gardens and pathways around all the bungalows were beautiful but were quite dark at night and myself being as clumbsy as I am our phone torches worked a treat. The bungalows were great spacious with a big bed and room in the shower for both of us. As we did arrive late and they had stopped serving in the restaurant they had sent food to our room, bread rolls, ham and cheeses and plenty of fruit what a lovely touch. Breakfast buffet plenty of food to choose from loads of pastries which was great for me. A full English is not on the menu but shouldn't be expected In a Muslim country. The two pools were great we tended to spend most of our time at the bottom pool as there was music and activities and more atmosphere than the other pool but that was just our choice. Now Maged the poolbarman was one of the nicest people you could meet was sad to leave him. He really could not do enough for you even sunbathing he would see our glass was empty and bring us another one Amazing guy,as was a lot of the other staff nothing was to much trouble for them. Restaurant food was really good now for two really fussy eaters there was always something to eat, in all 3 restautants. The animation team work really hard, long days in really hot sun. Jo is great she really takes the time to chat to you and checks that everything is OK we didn't have any problems with any aspect of our holiday but I did hear from other people that it gets sorted straight away if you asked Jo. I was worried after reading other peoples reviews about the Russians as we wanted a chilled holiday with no stress. Yes there are a lot of them in fact prob about 65% they are rude to the staff but not shouting or swearing they just don't say please and thankyou. We had no problem what so ever. I'm guessing that some people are that picky that nothing but their own home woule please them, if that's the case don't go on holiday and stay at home. This is a great hotel and 98% of the trip advisor reviews show how good it is. Go and see for yourself you won't be disappointed. Thanks Nubian island we will deffo be back.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow very spacious.
3  Thank louanna01

Dear Valued Guests!
Thank you for your input and nice comments about our staff. As you mentioned yourself, the hotel is well located and offers different services to create the atmosphere to relax and enjoy the stay.
We would also like to thank you awarding our entire staff and we do hope that next time you visit Egypt, it will be once again Nubian Island Hotel.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Nubian Island for one week from the 27th of June. The hotel was beautifully decorated and the staff could not have done more to make sure we were comfortable. The grounds of this hotel are beautiful, especially when they are lit up at night. The shops onsite make it much easier to buy souvenirs as when we went outside the grounds we found it very unpleasant to shop due to being hassled.
We were impressed at how easy it was to get a sun lounger by either of the pools or the beach although we much preferred the quieter pool and spent most of our time there with friends we had made. The only complaint I would have is that once we sat on some sun loungers and the pool guy moved us on saying they were 'reserved' even when no one sat on them all day! The jetties at the beach make it easier to get to the deeper water which is clear and a great place to go snorkeling. The Il Mondo restaurant had a range of food but we played it quite safe. The best food we ate by far was in the Italian restaurant on the beach where the food was of an excellent standard and service was very quick. The evening entertainment was not always the best but there are places to go to get away from it, for example, there are many English pubs outside the hotel with free Wifi as you have to pay in the hotel. Many reviews say about people coming up to you trying to sell you excursions but we found they were very friendly and did not hassle when you said no. We even booked Quad Biking and Parasailing which were excellent and definitely worth spending the money on- Masry was also really friendly and would come and chat to us everyday, if we had more time we definitely would have done more. If you do not want people talking to you, you can get a do not disturb sign. The animation team provided excellent nights out (we went clubbing in Hard Rock Cafe, all inclusive club for £20). In particular, Jo always made sure we were happy, in fact, I have never felt so looked after at any hotel I have stayed in, particularly as it was our first time in Egypt. We did have one or two problems but they were sorted out straight away. Overall Nubian Island Hotel is a beautiful hotel with a 5* team of staff and we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: There are no lifts in this hotel so be prepared for a lot of stairs if on the top floor.
2  Thank Kimm H
Ruslana0212, Public Relations Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guests!
What a wonderful detailed comment! Thank you for posting your experience at our hotel.
It makes us happy that you enjoyed your first stay and appreciated our high service standard.
Chefs are delighted that the food prepared was up to your expectations.
We are pleased that you have had a good experience outside with our animation team.
Thank you for recommending us on your review.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 weeks from 16th June and loved every minute! The bungalow was lovely with a giant 3 person sized bed which was fun! The staff were all very friendly and wind up the English people by copying accents etc which was funny. Snorkelling in rock pools and off jetty was amazing with much variety and the pools were a beautiful temperature. The food had good choice an lots of fish, not the very best quality but nothing to worry about, rather than go fancy there's always your standard chips and that, also a free of charge Italian restaurant which was lovely! Shout out to my baby Niño who was a great member of animation and was messing around with us all holiday, and Jo (chocolatey hot chocolate); Daniel and macha also really friendly! Cheers guys

1  Thank JordanBarnard

Dear Valued Guests!
Thank you for taking the time to write the first review about your stay here with us.
We are delighted to read we met your expectations and you were impressed with the facilities and services we had to offer.
Great that staff made your vacation and you enjoyed our animation team. Your comments have also been shared with the staff members mentioned.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable stay.
Thank you.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at Nubian Island at the beginning of June for 11 nights...

We had a few teething problems on arrival as we had upgraded our room to a sea view when booking, when we arrived and got to the room...we could not see the sea! The room was very spacious and clean but all in all not what we asked for. We went back to reception where the guy laughed at us when we explained our concern...soon enough the manager came out (who was lovely and polite) and upgraded us to a bungalow next to the 2nd pool and beach. We moved in the next day and we were very pleased...huge bed, clean, fab air con, close to the pool, beach and restaurants and even had it's own little garden to relax outside in!

All the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you! We specially liked the guys behind the 2nd pool bar who were always on the ball with drinks, the pool guy also made sure we had the same loungers everyday with towels laid out so there was no rush in the morning to get round the pool early, also the guys in the Italian restaurant were stars!

The pool was fantastic, we spent most of our time at the 2nd pool as we made quite a few friends on our holiday and would all see each other there. This pool was busier and louder but I enjoyed it, I would maybe suggest they had a larger variety of music as it was more or less the same everyday...the songs still haven't left my head! The animation team were all lovely...especially Jo who would always make sure you was ok and happy! She answered all our questions on the first day and even lent us an adaptor for the whole 2 weeks so I could charge my phone! We did get hassled a lot around the pool to do excursions, join activities or go out on nights out so be sure to just say no straight off if your there to relax and not so much else, that's all we went there to do and after a few days we were pretty much left alone. Saying that it was always nice to be asked... We preferred spending days round the pool and not the beach, it was beautiful but a little crowed and windy! The sea was beautiful though, so many fishes swimming around your feet! We also went snorkelling which I really do recommend as it was just beautiful and the variety of fish was amazing! We heard it was maybe best to go earlier in the morning...

The food in the all inclusive was really lovely and there was always a large selection. We never struggled to find anything to eat. We spent most lunches at Barracudas which was more sea food! It's not as big as the main restaurant but we preferred that! The only negative comment I had about the buffets was that when I sat down to claim a table it took quite some time for me to order a drink and I am the kind of person who can't eat a meal without having a cold drink also. We loved the Italian and ate there for dinner twice...both experiences were lovely and very romantic! The staff were amazing and couldn't do enough for you! Both evenings were very quiet and the food was fantastic, we also caught the moon coming up during our meal whilst overlooking the beach which made the evening even better! We also ate once at Barracuda for dinner which you were charged for but I would recommend once as it was well worth it!! We spent a lot of time at the top bar in the main building which was great, staff also fab and always coming over to see if you needed another drink. Great place to sit and chill and also watch the shows that are sometimes on...

The only complaint I have about this hotel is the fact that I got extremely poorly. 4 days before coming home, I woke up really really poorly and stayed this way for the entire day, so much so I couldn't leave the room. My boyfriend was also the same and I spent the whole day in bed. This continued for the last 4 days of the holiday and I couldn't ever be anywhere that wasn't in reach of a toilet! I continued to be ill for over 2 weeks after I came home and after tests at the doctors they confirmed I had salmonella poisoning! Now I really don't want to bad mouth this hotel because I had a lovely stay but I only ate outside the hotel ONCE whilst on the holiday and that was in soho square AFTER I became poorly, even then I only managed about 3 mouthfuls and was still so poorly I had to go back to the hotel. I 100% caught this from the hotel which is disappointing, even though I was extremely careful with what I ate, I cleaned my teeth in bottles water everyday, didn't eat salad or fruit and constantly used the sanitiser around the hotel. I would suggest they look into this as obviously it's extremely serious and as I am a person who already has many health issues and a low immune system it's a worry and did spoil my last days at this hotel.

All in all though I really did have a fantastic time (until I became unwell)!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank EWright87
Ruslana0212, Public Relations Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Valued Guests!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.
Please accept our apologies regarding check in and be assured this has also been shared with the relevant Management.
Also we bring our apologies concerning your health condition and hope that by now you feel well.
We hope you will return to us again in the future and see the changes we continue to make.
Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My partner and I stayed here from the 17th to the 24th of June and had a great time the hotel was spotless, the food was good! The air con worked well wasn't "too" noisy at all in our room.
Mattress was very firm but left my back feeling great! They had the usual criers who were given mattress toppers if required!
Maged (unsure of spelling) who works in the activity pool bar was great and helped make our stay more enjoyable!

The hotels only downside for me was as so many reviews have said before... The
Russians! But their moments of exceptional rudeness, lack of manners and inability to smile or say thank you will just make you appreciate home more when you unfortunately have to go back :)

Thank you to nubian Island's tirelessly hard working staff for a great holiday!

2  Thank Megs L
Ruslana0212, Public Relations Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Megs L!
We are pleased that you have had a good experience, while your stay at Nubian Island Hotel, and were able to enjoy our facilities and services. Excellent marks just emphasize that.
Thank you for recommending us on your review, and we hope to see you again on your future visits to Egypt.