“Vip”
Review of Ocean Club Hotel

Ocean Club Hotel
Ranked #201 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Is it true the pics of this hotel ?!! Is it dirty?????? I need some one to answer me who went there before ! Because im going a trip with my friends and they want to go there but it seems very bad to me so i want to make sure that this hotel is nice and clean in rooms and bathrooms and also food . Thnx alot

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was my first visit to Ocean Club *** stars are enough, the hotel is excellent comparing to the prices, food is not variable but taste is acceptable to good and may be very good in some cases, friendly staff, rooms are acceptable. The A/C was noisy, the mosquitoes are plentiful as there is vegetation near the hotels. Finally it is a good hotel for a budget traveller

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 3mr7assan
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I've rated our stay as very good, not due to the facilities but the people we met. My husband and I stayed at Ocean Club whilst we were diving with the fantastic Eagle Divers. All the staff in the hotel were very friendly, helpful and polite. We will definitely be returning with our daughter.
Just leave behind your best clothes and high expectations but remember to pack your manners as they go a long way in Sharm

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I booked my first trip to Egypt through a budget travel site and was not sure what i got. The small hotel is located on a looong hotel street of Sharm bay. Distance to the sea is longer I thought, about 20 minutes walk. The staff is friendly, the condition of the hotel is reasonable if you leave behind your high Western expectations. The breakfast is probably something local and needs a bit time to get used to. The buffet meals are quite OK.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank AkiAkami
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have just got back, and felt I have left my family behind. This little hotel that was meant as a diving club, but now turned hotel too! Has a very personal touch! The staff a the most friendliest people I have ever met. They enjoy to laugh and have fun, making you feel at home. There is a diving school with a heated diving training pool which is on site. The staff there are friendly too!
The hotel could do with a womans touch "Supervision" on the cleaning and maintenance. The understanding of incl. is not 100% Head Barman a miserable sod and didn't like serving drinks -so why be a barman. Would charge me for tea/coffee if the kettle stopped boiling 1min past 10pm even tho he was making teas for the other staff and sitting in the bar lounge hogging the remote control to the big screen. Just as we got into an action movie he flicks channels to WWF.
Staff not always availeble during the switch over from bar to bar. No water of drinks in room fridge which we are used to in an all incl.But local supplies are cheap enough. If you go all incl. there is a Dr on call 24/7. He speaks perfect english and told us that the mosquitos are plentifal as there is vegitation near the hotels. He said he is on call even for a bad headache (free of charge) Make sure you take a good repellent. Plug ins from £1 shops worked well for the room. We will go back again for a quick 1 to 2 weeks but will leave the suitecase and take handluggage only. No need to dress up. Good save another £90. Cheap as chips, fun as candy floss but no champayne.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room upstairs nearer the diving training pool, less vegitation. But putting the airc...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TINASTEWART
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Located in Hadaba, very near Old Market that makes great and affordable shopping. Plenty of various beaches around in a walking distance or a free bus service from hotel to one of the beaches with amazing Farsha cafe! I enjoyed my stay very much, staff is great! Nothing is a problem, very friendly atmosphere, I recommend a stay! Thanks very much Ocean Club :)

Room Tip: In winter time pick a room upstairs with plenty of sun coming through the balcony door to keep you w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've just got back from a 2 week diving trip to sharm. I was looking for a friendly, cheap & conveniently located hotel, that is exactly what I got. Although not centrally located the hotel has a bus service to the beach & Naama Bay, and taxis pass their door every minute (which are very affordable). I found the staff to be extremely friendly & helpful. The hotel has two very pleasant pools, with small poolside bar. As one of the other 'reviews' pertinently stated "if you want 5star amenities - then pay the 5star price". This is a 2star hotel, which could probably do with some maintenance around the edges, which does what its does very well. Room was cleaned every day. I left my main valuable in a safe at reception (which has a two key security - yours & receptions) however I did leave small amounts of money in my room & it was never touched. I do wonder wether some of the reviews I've read about this hotel were about the same place I stayed at? You're in Egypt - take some mosquito spray.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room, by the rear dive training, swimming pool. The room was quiet, reasonably...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo