“first time in egypt”

Ranked #185 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“first time in egypt”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

When i stayed at ocean club hotel i noticed that my curtains was hanging off so when i checked the room over I found the toilet leaked and there was no shower curtain and the rail for the curtain looked loose and dangerous and i also found out that i was not alone in the room i was sharing it with a cockroach not sure how many more there was but i wont stay there again and the food was unacceptable for me i got my food from across the road as they had better choices.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrew W
Khaled A, Manager at Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Andrew

We have noticed that your review is to do with your stay at the Ocean Club back in September 2012...almost a year ago! we dont think that you will have the same experience if you decided to repeat your stay with us, we have had a management change since March 2013 and a lot of issues have been addressed.

We continu to improve and ensure that we deliver the maximum good value accommodation for our guests

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you want a 5 star hotel - pay for one!
We went on holiday to Ocean Club for 16 days in June and we saw amazing swarms of locusts but I must say we saw no cockroaches anywhere in or around the hotel.
This is a lovely intimate hotel, that has wonderful friendly helpful staff. The rooms, towels and bed linen are clean and the housekeeping staff keep the rooms well presented, clean and tidy - and we appreciated the towel animals, flowers and random designs - even a man made from towels at one point! The gardens are well looked after and it is a very pretty place. The pools are lovely and watching the divers training and the children learning how to swim can be quite entertaining. There is a good hotel bus service to various beaches and into Naarma Bay and the hotel taxi service is very helpful and offers a good price. I liked the breakfasts but my husband didnt the one thing neither of us liked was being unable to take a cup of tea/coffee out of the restaurant in the morning.

Room Tip: Rooms around the small pool are cooler
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Suebythesea
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 weeks, despite the negative reviews we read. Upon arriving, we were greeted by some excellent staff who were nothing but friendly. I cannot praise the staff enough, they did everything they could to help us. The hotel looks nice, pools were clean and a reasonable size. I do not normally write reviews, but felt this definitely needed one.

We did not expect a 5 star quality, but we did expect a little more than we got. As I said, staff were excellent and the Wi-Fi was throughout the hotel, which was also good but that is where it ends. On the second day we discovered cockroaches in our room, on telling reception they offered to clean it, but I was so freaked out over them that I asked if we could move rooms. The hotel staff were again very helpful and allowed us to choose a room without any hassle. We chose one upstairs this time and in a different block. We were disappointed to discover later that night that this one had cockroaches all under the bed and actually under the covers.

I would like to add that we did shake out all of our clothes and bags before moving to the second room. We once again called the reception who came to clean it for us. The cleaner then proceeded to crush it under his shoe (a big no no with cockroaches apparently), swept the floor and left. As soon as we could, we moved hotels. Upon learning we were leaving the hotel staff became very unhelpful and as such, I injured my back carrying my case down some narrow stairs.

The food was awful, it was lukewarm at best and had obviously been reheated, but again we weren't expecting banquets so just got on with it. A few days after we moved hotels I became very ill and upon visiting a doctor was told that I had a severe stomach infection, which usually takes a few days to incubate before it makes you ill. I cannot say for definite where I got it from, but I have a good idea it came from the previous hotel as I was very careful about what I drank and ate outside the hotel.

The final complaint was the beds. The sheets and blankets were stained and the bed sloped sideways where it was so old. This meant that my friend had trouble sleeping and often woke up with a stiff back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank mini_t90

Travelers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and although we knew you get what you paid for, the cleanliness of the bed sheets were a let down. When we arrived there was dark stains on the bed covers and hairs on the sheets. We politely asked for them to be changed in the morning which happened, but the stained bed covers remained.
A huge warning for anyone who has a bad reaction to mosquito bites, the hotel do not smoke treat for mosquitos so there is clouds of them. Lastly the swimming pools although appear like the staff are cleaning them? There is a line of green algae on the inside of the pool. Sadly this was one of my few visits a year to visit my Egyptian husband and it was dampened by these points. If these things were improved this could be a very nice budget hotel. Oh and we were charged for the key breaking in the door which wasn't even our fault.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at ocean club for 7 days. The staff where very friendly and the food was good but too repetitive. The animation team where a great laugh during the day and took us to some awesome clubs and bars. They made it a holiday to remember!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Bradleymanchester
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

If you want an impersonal 5star hotel, where people dont know your name....then go elsewhere.
This hotel is small friendly and the staff make the whole experience a magical holiday. I have been here 6 times now and will come back again n again.
My love for Ocean club is second to none it may be basic but 5star quality staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for a week and have just got back.Overall the holiday was good,however it could of been a lot better...a major downfall was the food! The food was extremely repetitive and not catered for English at all.The drink were warm and flat and often not full glasses.The animation team were great!! They were very chatty and entertained my family and especially my 5 year old daughter who one of the animation girls( English blonde hair) taught her a dance in her spare time!! The animation team also got everyone together playing ball games in the pool.In my opinion this team are really wasted in such a small hotel! They gave us all the information about naama bay and where t visit(bearing in mind it was our first time in sharm).Overall we enjoyed our holiday but the animation team made it that extra bit special!:-)

• Stayed June 2013