Room -This was me and my boyfriends first time in Egypt and i have to say we would return again!, when we first arrived the staff were so friendly and helpful and the hotel looked amazing, alot bigger then we expected, everyhting was perfect! The staff took our luggage right to the door, at first we struggled to open the door we found the lock abit strange, but they shown us and everything was great good size room and bath room, balcony and roof terrace, great storage and very clean. The only issue we had was our bed which was two single beds pushed together when we wanted a double bit arkward as we kept falling down the gap in the middle. It wasnt too much of an issue to complain and they would have moved us with no problem.
Food - There was plenty of food at the hotel to chose from, but we found it quite repetitive, would usually be the same at lunch aswel as dinner The food in the nubian restaurant really was the major let down for this hotel. The dolphin bar had great food on at certains times in the day such as pizza burgers and hot dogs which my boyfriend loved and sometimes we found was nicer then the main restaurant/buffet. They had lovely Bbqs on certain days which were really nice great choices.
Drinks- Thier brands of spirits and beers. Great brands of soft drinks such as fanta coke sprite... juices such as orange juice pinapple. All their ice is made from filtered water and IS SAFE to drink.
Staff - Bar staff are great love banter have a laugh and a joke, loved my boyfriend always laughing and joking doing hand shakes. Cleaners were lovely made me little hearts and flowers out of my beach towels and dresses when they cleaned my room, very friendly and polite.shop owners were soo nice and not just to get you to buy things generally invited us back for tea, coke, magic tricks, banter and chit chat. Give them the time of day and you not only make good friends but learn alot too and no matter what people say no staff wait around for a tip!! all they ask for is to be shown respect manners and a good old chat! All teh staff work long hours 12 hour shifts and still manage to keep a smile on thier faces and have a joke to share. we often sat on our balcony at 4 in the morning and the gardeners were still doing the gardening or cleaning something. The tatoo/henna guy from alex salon was really quite annoying tho.
Entertainent - mainly for children, they have games and things in the day such as football matches volleyball ect... daily activities such as aerobics table tennis, water polo. all free! quite cheesy entertainment at night , singing dancing fire show. They sel shishas at the dolphin bar ar night which were 20 egyptian ponds which is about £4. water sports at the beach.
Local area/naama bay - great shops locally have everything u need, and dont hassle you or persuade you to buy things. Naama bay is very busy we found it quite easy just simply say no thanks.
Great holiday might be back next year but we do like to try new things. Loved every minute of it was sad to go! met some great people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fashionable Naama Bay, the Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh overlooks the Red Sea and the South Sinai peninsula's desert and mountains. A traditional Nubian-style resort, the property is surrounded by landscaped gardens and dramatic pool areas. Known as one of the best Red Sea Resorts, Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh with 409 unique guest rooms, the hotel is located in Naama Bay and shares its beach with Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino. Sonesta Club has one of the largest aqua parks in Sharm El Sheikh; in addition, it has two great main pools divided into seven pools and a Diving Center. The hotel also offers an open air jacuzzi for the relaxation of its guests. There is also a children's program for the younger guests. Guests can pamper themselves with a sauna, steam bath or Jacuzzi, work out in the Club's fitness center or relax with massage treatments in the health spa. The Club offers several fine dining options! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sonesta Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh - Naama Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Sonesta