1,370 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 7, 2010

First off all Sonesta club is a wunderful place to stai. We want to give our recards to the two chiefcooks. The did wunderfull food for us. We hope to return in the future and we will recommend to our friends.
Our regards to the direction.
Fam.De Jong Diemen Holland.

1  Thank venserkade
Reviewed April 20, 2010

my husband and i stayed at sonesta club march 2010.first impressions reception area spotless it was nice to have someone show you to room and take cases.rooms big and spacious clean.pool area was lovely ,cleaned thouroughly every day and clean towels to use round pool.bar staff round pool friendly enough especially if you were young and wearing next to nothing but what is it with half of a half pint!!!my husband is yet to have full glass of liquid.music round pool same disc every day got a bit annoying.plenty of sunbeds but you have to be quik to beat the russians they are very rude and don't know how to queue.i am a fussy eaterand due to disability am limited to what i can eat the pasta chef was very rude and upset me,after complaining to rep charli about this she then told food&bev manager,head chef&hotel manager.they sorted out chef involved and head chef cooked my meals personally every night for me,i was extremely grateful for the way all staff helped me.for the rest of holiday we often stopped and spoke to heshmat youssef and we have invited him to come stay in scotland.we really enjoyed stay a couple of faults,DO NOT USE FONE IN ROOM it is very expensive 380 egyption pounds(£30) for call home.it is aprox 25 min walk to naama bay ok occassionally but sometimes its too much and taxi,bus journey is too scary.entertainment not up to much dvd to start evening off at 7pm is a bit odd. we would come back especially to see ashraf,esia,khaled.head chef to make me a meal and heshmat whom always has time to stop and chat and seems genuinely interested if you are enjoying your holiday.hope to come back soon.

2  Thank kazcol
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Arrived here for a 3 day break from Cairo. First impressions lasted. The lobby was decorated like a creche. The room was sparse in much need of decoration, the beds rock hard and the limited furniture tired. The bathroom old, cracked tiles, mildew on the grout. The pools were no better with tiles peeling off at just above the waterline.
Next comes the main eating area which bore more of a relation to a school hall than a restaurant. We ate there once even though we were full board. Another annoying thing was as we were full board but NOT all inclusive (having booked the trip from a Cairo travel agent) we were not given a wrist band hence we were forever being stopped asking where our wrist bands were and having to try and explain.
After a hard night on the beds we were greeted at 10.30 by an equivalent of 'Heidi Hi' with the churning out of 'Good morning good morning'.
We ended up going and spending the day with friends at the Sofitel over the road and eating in nearby Naama Bay.
Having been going to Sharm for over 12 years now several times a year and going again in October and having stayed in over 10 different hotels over the years (including the sister Sonesta beach over the road several times which incidentally is vastly better), I can say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in Sharm or Egypt for that matter.
The only positive think I will say is that the water slides (only one of them was working) looked great for kids and the toddler area looked equally good - plenty to keep kids occupied.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Extensive selection of food at each mealtime, beatifully presented and constantly supervised by the Executive Chef Gharib

2  Thank forgottenSouthport
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Having stayed at other hotels in sharm over the past 5 years we decided to stay nearer to Naama Bay and chose the sonesta club-big mistake.

On arrival our room was very unclean with a filthy toilet, sticky cups rings on all tops, sheets which were grey, smelling stale and of body odour and the woodwork was covered in thick dust, the whole room looked like it had not been cleaned in months. After complaining we were moved to another room. We found the rooms spacious but with very little natural light, in fact we found the whole hotel very dull.

At our first evening meal I asked for a white wine, and was disgusted to find that they decant the white wine into sprite bottles and mix together to make the wine go further. In all my years of travelling I have never heard of anything so cheap. Each glass of wine tasted completely different, the only similarities being that each glass was watered down. The food was bland, tasteless and the atmosphere dreadful, and dont even get me started on the "Beach Bar"! It was a trolley serving a small selection of drinks, bread, limp cheese and ham which looked like left overs from breakfast, disgraceful in comparison to the beach bar that belonged to Sonesta Beach (which we were told "this is not for you that is your bar" as the guy pointed in the direction of the trolley). The only good thing about Sonesta club was the pools and gardens, but the down side to the pool areas was the cleanliness of the toilets. One other good point was that it was so near Naama bay we could escape each night.

The whole experience at Sonesta club was below poor, there is no way that this hotel is a 4* and I am sure that most of the people who rate it high are rating it high because they perhaps have not stayed anywhere else in Sharm.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple