Gardenia Plaza Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coral Beach Resort Tiran(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Park(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Royal Rojana Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Sea Magic Resort and Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just returned from a 2 week holiday at the gardenia plaza resort had a fab time you get what you pay for guaranteed nice weather alcohol the same as you would get in any expensive hotel I must admit when I first arrived I was made to feel very welcomed the room was big with a bed tv and nice hot shower and free safety deposit box it is in the middle of nowhere but the hotel offers free shuttle bus rides to the beach with its own bar and in thenevening free shuttle to naama bay .the animation team where brilliant and Amy and mekay were great fun and lovely people there were shows most nights karaoke and trips to space pacha and the hard rock cafe which were great fun .the staff were very friendly especially Adel who worked at the beach bar he was brilliant and was always friendly .there was plenty off food to choose from the hotel I am fussy but I ate well and suffered no reactions during my stay .met brilliant people and cried with laughter most of the time during my stay .I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday and hope to visit sometime in the near future

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Geoff P
Reviewed January 14, 2013

my son and his mate were here for a week AI here in Dec 12 and spent twice the price of the holiday having to eat out every day after the first as the food was unidentifiable, inedible slop (these lads are well travelled,adventurous and far from picky eaters) although hoovered up by the hordes of very rude, agressive russians. impossible to laze by the pool as constantly attacked by swarms of flies as if you were in a garbage tip. However, liked Sharm especially the diving and would return to the area but never the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Sandraetcharlie
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I went here last September with 3 friends and had a thoroughly good holiday because we made it a good holiday. You will have to make the most it .... you will have to laugh otherwise you will definately cry.
My room was quite nice to be fair but my friends room had a broken shower, a dirty fridge, chipped tiles and the air con didn't work.
The alcohol selections were abysmal, you can only have wine (rarely in a wine glass) for dinner and you are generally forced to drink out of plastic cups. Their idea of a cocktail is Fanta n Vodka. It really was woeful. The food was repetetive but on the whole "alright". If you are looking forward to the A LA Carte restaurant...DONT... it doesnt exist. However there is a hut made of old timber that has pasta and pigeon served from 12-1 which is utter filth as cats roam around outside. Everywhere you eat or drink you will also be covered in flies. They are really bad at this resort.
The swimming pool was old, tired and quite frankly dirty and dangerous. The swim up bar was non existent and was used as a smoking hut for the animation team. Around the pool was really bad as well as the deck chairs were all broken and alot didnt have covers. I often found myself looking for spare parts from other chairs.
The animation team were on the whole friendly but really really annoying as they try to flog you trips to clubs hourly after saying no. It is important to note that the gym is shut down, the spa is comletely derelict, they play the same music around the pool all day every day. The volleyball doesnt exist either and the activities are very poorly run. You get 30 minutes free to play pool per stay and if you want more you have to pay. The night time activities targeted Egyptians and wasnt Enlgish friendly at all. I sat there thinking "what on gods green earth is this crap".
With all this said, we met 3 other lovely girls and made the most of a bad situation. 1 of the girls I know go out with. If I hadn't of met her I would have rated this as 0 outta 5.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jonny c
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good points first -

If your a vegetarian, it's really good, lots of salad, rice, veg etc. Bread is very good.

Bad points -

Meat which is served is 3rd class, strips of beef, aren't beef, it's liver, chicken is usually thigh, with skin left on, and kofta. That's about it really for meat.

If you like wine, you can only get this at meal times. We had a bit of a bad time with this as both my wife and I like red wine with meals. We would go each evening to the bar in the restaurant and order wine, after 2 glasses (plastic), we were told, "sorry, no more red wine". What was really suspicious was the bar tender said this straight after his manager had visited him and gestured towards us. I complained the following day and the restaurant manager then said it was the bar tender, not him! We were then served wine at the table that night by the restaurant manager, which was uncomfortable, then the hotel manager came to us at the end and asked if he'd served us properly!

If you like sunbathing in peace, don't go here. If you like a drink in the bar in peace, don't go here. I have never seen as many flies anywhere!

We moved to another hotel at our expense and really enjoyed it.

If you want a budget hotel with hard beds, and aren't bothered by the quality of food, it's ok here.

ps, I had read the other reviews before we went, the flies put the icing on the cake for us. I shudder to think what it would be like in the hotter months!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank andrew w
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am very cross at the reviews on this site, I have always trusted the opinion of people on Trip Advisor to give honest opinions and I am sure that they clearly either have VERY low standards or are not telling the truth!
We arrived on Christmas Eve and first impressions were not bad the food that night wasn`t great but it was the end of evening service so we put it down to that.
There was 5 of us so I had booked 2 pool view rooms and they were very large rooms with limited English t.v the Bathroom had a nasty smell about it and long dark hairs on the tiles ( I am blonde ) it was not the cleanest but we made do, the sofa bed folded back up when pulled out, this was quickly rectified with a single bed being brought to the room.

We went to sit in the bar only to be told we would have to pay in that bar and if we wanted "free" drinks to use the other bar ( there not FREE I paid for fully Inclusive! ) consequently there was 1 bar of a evening Not what`s advertised!
Breakfast was a grim affair 1 toaster for the whole complex not much choice NO Orange juice I have NEVER been abroad and not had juice at Breakfast.
The food in general didn`t improve much I`m not one of these Brits that expects English food and am willing to try most things but nearly all the meat by which I mean beef & chicken and the fish was in some sort of sauce, there was rice and a type of potato but the food was 90% of the time cold! the only saving grace was the nice chap cooking fresh pasta and maybe the management should take note as to why most of the diners are waiting for this!? No ice cream No lolly`s for the kids No cream of any description to have with the deserts.

The hotel site states......Gardenia Plaza includes a series of deluxe restaurants, candle light cozy bars and other exquisite facilities. Total lies ....advertised is a beach with sports and a restaurant a shuttle bus ride away more lies the shuttle takes you to Sharks Bay where there is sun-loungers
and a "shed" serving drinks no games no snacks ....when I asked where the other beach was no-one knew what I was talking about! 4 pools are advertised and low and behold the only HEATED pool wasn`t working! people had reported the children getting eczema type skin conditions from the pool with the slides or cutting themselves on sharpe edges and both main pools were freezing ...to the extent that if you played a game with the animation team and lost the punishment was you had to jump in the pool!! The animation team were all very friendly and did a good job.

We had to get moved to a different room due to very arrogant rude inconsiderate Russians that had brought a set of speakers and Bass box on holiday and thought everyone wanted to listen to THEIR music at 2am! This Hotel had a majority of Russian Guests and THEY ARE PLAIN RUDE! The new upgraded Family room had beds like bricks both bathrooms had hair in the plugs the mattress on the sofa bed was covered in stains every lamp shade we saw was sewn together!! the list goes on...
I know a lot of people have said you get what you paid for but when you do your homework and research the place/area and it states a 4 star plus we paid just shy of £3.500 for 5 of us so not a cheap get away in my book! you at least expect decent food and some standard or cleanliness!

I could go on and on but I`m sure you get the idea I have took pictures and will upload them. Its a real shame as its put us off Sharm. Having said that for winter sun and the best snorkeling we have experienced you can`t beat it, We found in general the people very nice and extremely friendly you do get a little hassled but in a friendly way. After talking to many people at the airport I think we can safely conclude that Gardenia is possibly the worst Hotel in Sharm.. It needs a complete makeover and a deep clean !!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family