“Excellent value”

Xperience St. George Homestay
Ranked #46 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Just returned after a brilliant weeks stay at st George. Many thanks to all the staff for looking after us. In particular a special thank you to haseem at the 'quiet' bar for his magnificent cocktails. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue B
There are newer reviews for Xperience St. George Homestay

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Well...where do I start? I'll keep this review fairly brief as most of it will have been said before in other reviews, but I'd just like to start by saying that if anyone moans about this hotel they need to take a serious reality check on how much you pay to stay here!!

I was there between November 9th and 23rd and had a great holiday, to the extent that I would definitely return one day, which is unusual as I believe the world is a huge place with many more great places to visit. There were many repeat 'offenders', as I put them, which is obviously a good sign, but to request the same room?? Pleeaaase!

The entertainment team is what made it for me... Claire, Hima, Misho, Oscar, and Mina. They are completely tireless and never seem to stop. If any young person believes this is a job anyone could do, then think again! These guys have a talent for sure. They even managed to involve myself in just about everything going, which is unusual as I'm quite a reserved person normally, but the sound of 'Alisssstaaair' from Claire just made me get up and join in every time! They are quite persuasive without being too 'in your face', and seem to have got the balance just right. 5 out of 5 for the entertainment team for sure.

If anyone moans about the food, then next time they need to book a holiday at a 5-star resort in the Caribbean and pay 3 times as much, because there really is nothing to complain about. The choice and quality is better than anywhere else I have experienced on all-inclusive for the money without a doubt.

What I really liked about this place is the intimacy. It is small enough so that you can easily make friends with people, and you certainly get to know the staff very quickly. I mean, who wants to be wandering around some massive complex feeling like another anonymous tourist? You definitely don't get that feeling at St. George. The other major bonus is that it is 98% Brits. No Russians worth speaking of... yay!! It seems to be a chav-free zone too (well, maybe one lot while we were there, with the inevitable drunken shouting match in front of everyone, but certainly nothing you couldn't ignore). Definitely a good move calling this hotel 'St. George', as it does seem to keep away the aforementioned Eastern European friends (is there actually a Russian word for 'thank you' lol?), which is a rarity in Sharm it seems.

The hotel beach is ok, but not great. I would recommend a closer beach, which costs £6 per person per day, and which has much better snorkelling, is very quiet (and is Russian-free). Just ask at reception, as the name of it slips my mind.

The evening entertainment is great fun, so I would urge you to get involved as I did. They are really good at what they do, so no-one should knock that. Even if you go along to watch and not participate, I guarantee it will bring a smile to your face!

Finally, you will probably get bitten by mosquitoes, but to all the people on here who are moaning about it, please just 'man-up' and stop portraying our country as a nation of whimps (which unfortunately we seem to be these days!). They look much worse than they are. They will itch a little and look like red dots all over your ankles and lower legs for the time you're there, but so what, and believe me, they disappear as quickly as they arrive once you return home. Buy some 'Off' from the hotel shop at £4 a can, as this will help. It certainly won't ruin your holiday, so don't worry about it.

To anyone still unsure about going to this hotel, just do it... you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Alistair H
Emad A, Manager at Xperience St. George Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both great holiday.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Xperience St.George Homestay in the very near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just come back from st George and will definitely return there. The staff are so polite and friendly and make you so welcome. Food excellent rooms spacious grounds well maintained excellent service all round

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank pat1305

Dear Madam

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in your second home Xperience St.George Homestay very near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks at the St George. Very clean, great food with varied menus. The staff were polite, helpful and friendly. Excellent value for money.
Special mention for Ata, Fady, Carlos and Nessim (best barman)
Will definitely be going back. Dave & Alex, Coventry, UK

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir

First of all, let me thank you for giving us the chance to see your comments about your stay in our hotel. We are thankful to you for your good response about our staf anf that you enjoy your stay with us.

Waiting to see you once more in Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Just got back from a 3 week stay at St George our 5 th visit and we are going back in Feb.

First of all can I point out if you are staying more than 2 weeks in Sharm then you need A VISA.Which is £13.00 each.If you do not get one you will be fined !

Hotel Food....excellent as usual. If you are fussy you will always find something.
Pools.............there is an animation pool area and where we go, the quiet pool, is where you can chill out....perfect for a quiet read.

Beach..........you can get the shuttle bush from the hotel...we are not beach people but we did a walk down there and caught the bus back. From what we saw we thought the beach and surroundings were very impressive.

Entertainment......Sorry can,t comment as we tend to entertain ourselves with other guests just having a chat etc

Staff.....are brilliant,most have been there a long time and when you return to the hotel they are so pleased to see you come back

Rooms.....are cleaned daily and are spotless....you also get a bottle of water in your room everyday.

Coffee / Tea facilities / soft drinks / water....no need to stand at a bar or queue for these as they are available from the reception area from 7 am by means of dispensers and from the pool bars from 10 am.

Drinks....beer is ok....wine and other alcohol drinks are good

Weather....in November was fantastic...from 30 to 35 degrees everyday.

Gripe.....one ! Minority of British guests were noisy coming in from night clubs from 1 am till 4 am. We complained and hotel is aware of the problem. We eventually moved rooms and were able to get a good nights sleep.
Message for Hotel management.....

please have zero tolerance towards the minority of guests who come in drunk and noisy and have no respect for other guests.

Please make your hotel adults only

Free internet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all a great holiday and that is why we will visit this hotel many times in the future.

3  Thank bonnieb197247

Dear Sir/Madam

By reading your very praising words about your recent vacation at our hotel and that we made you happy, we felt very delighted about your comments regarding hotel and staff , kindly note that all recommendation are highly appreciated.

May I thank for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in your second home Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Returned from this hotel 1 week ago,hotel lovely, weather great and all the staff at the hotel very polite ,cheerful and helpful.The Room was large and kept very clean with some lovely towel art left for me, a little basic but you do not go on holiday to sit in your room .My room faced the road but had no problems with noise, a little traffic during the evening but when the balcony door was closed nothing heard and no mozzies in my room.Also really near the quiet pool which was nice.The food was good for AI and the meat although mostly beef and chicken in some form was tender and tasty.The drinks were fine I drank mostly white wine and diet coke though and no waiting to get served,very attentive waiters.No tea and coffee included in room but this can be added for app £1.00 a day .Did not really see the evening entertainment but listened to the guitarist who was pretty good a couple of evenings.The other guests at the hotel all friendly and some are repeat visitors for many years and mostly British.The beach also nice to spend the day at sea really clear and warm AI at the beach as well.The only problem I had was with the mozzies on the first night but got a tin of OFF from shop and ok after that but did get cream and antihistamines from the pharmacy just up the road ,I would recommend spraying from 1st day they seem to come out from 4pm ish.You did get asked about the spa every day but when told no thanks they leave you alone.Met some lovely people and the hotel gave me a cake on my birthday whilst I was there,Steve and John and Karen if you read this thanks for all the laughs and hope you got home ok.Will be back next year

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank suzique_11

Dear Madam,

We would like to send you our thanks and appreciation for your great feedback regarding your recent week you very enjoyed at our Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel and it’s really nice to see and that you are coming back again.

Once again thank you for your feedback and waiting to see you soon in your second home.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is our 6th visit to St George. Our Xperience just gets better and better.This is due to the friendly and cheerful staff in all areas of hotel.Certain people who excelled were Mina&Mamdouz at quiet pool, Ashraf at Nathens,Mena in Princess restaurant,Sabir our room attendant.I have left the best to the last this of course is Michael front of house manager.He is always there to greet you with a smile and handshake at all times and deal with any query,s you might have .Thankyou to all the staff for a wonderful 2weeks Pat&Helena Glasgow

Room Tip: Quiet Pool area room 1034
1  Thank fairfax20