“Good hotel, entertainment is pants”

Xperience St. George Homestay
Ranked #49 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Essex
“Good hotel, entertainment is pants”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have just come back from a weeks stay here and first time in Egypt, the room is very clean and the hotel staff are lovely. However during our stay was a female guest who was constantly drunk throwing herself around the hotel lobby laying in cheese sandwiches. Annoying most of the guests. The pool bar opens at 10am and she was there drinking everyday from 10am. She even caused a scene on our balcony with a few other people where the hotel staff had to come and remove her. The entertainment is long enough only lasts 1 hour approx 9.30pm until 10.30pm. Although there is a large variety of food it isn't very tasty & very repetitive. Around the pool your constantly being harassed to get "a spa day, snorkelling trip and many more" the best trip yo can do here is the sunset cruise £20 GBP pp they take you to the sea on a boat watch the sunset and they take you further out to sea to see the amazing dolphins swimming with the boat. Before I came out to Egypt in really wanted to swim with the dolphins after reading many reviews I decided to do it. £90 GBP although it was worth the experience the dolphins have NO teeth. The pool is far too small for 4 dolphins and the dolphins trainers actually smacked the dolphin around the face whilst performing the dolphin show. One of the girls from the animation team did not want to talk to the women only the men she would sneer at the women or completely ignore what you was asking her and would come across very slutty. The only promising thing from Egypt is the weather.. The Egyptian people try and rip you off for money like charge £3.00 GBP for a bag if crisps and £10 for 3 fridge magnets.. The mattress was very very uncomfortable and the pillows are like rock, we had a room downstairs and the balcony door locked from the inside but you can open it from the outside even though you think it's locked.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room where you can sleep knowing someone is not going to break into your room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashleigh C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,056)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here with friends for a week in July. The weather was fantastic and pool area was a great place to relax. Parasols were a little hard to come by and being peak season all the beds were in use. There was always a spare bed somewhere and it was nice to have the quiet pool as well.

I spent most of my week scuba diving leaving my friends at the hotel. They really enjoyed it and the all inclusive drinks were nice. The gym was also a nice surprise and Ahmed is probably the best masseuse on the planet.

My friends had some issues with diarrhoea whilst at the hotel which didn't affect me at all. Overall I had a great time and would visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank deewhyjoe
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The people and hotel are ok, the staff on reception are lovely and fun. The evening entertainment is totally crap and boring, most of the time we was in bed early because we was bored or we would hop on the free hotel mini bus and go to Nama bay which is teaming with life when the sun goes down. My husband got bad mozzie bites at the hotel and flea bits from the bed, the bed is so low down I couldn't sleep on it so most nights a slept on the little sofa in which I managed to avoid the flea bites, my husband is left with scars. Food good at first but got boring mid week, same food just served different. It's a hotel where most people meet up and gather year after year and they know everyone including friends and staff,I fits your first time there you feel pushed out.

Room Tip: There is a free minute bus to sandy beach but that's boring, get a hotel taxi to coral beach it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HeidiXRobin
middlesbrough
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had a fabulous time. Weather was fab, hotel very clean. Staff were excellent especially Mohammec at reception and Carlos behind the bar.

Only thing I would say is please get softer mattresses and pillows, they were far too hard.
Entertainment team were good but sometimes felt like you were being harrassed by them to join in. I wanted to relax, no means no and harrassing me won't change my mind

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank juicyjools
Barwell, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had my 4th stay with this hotel at the beginning of November 2013, however it was the first time that my 3 year old son and 65 year old mother had visited Egypt. The hotel and general staff were just as polite, friendly and helpful as they always have been. The hotel itself was just as clean and well maintained as my previous trips. The entertainment team were fabulous, this trip was more family focused than previous visits and so more time than usual was spent in the hotel and around the pool area, I was really surprised by the effort and quality of the animation program. There was something for all of our party, despite the very diverse age range. Well done to Claire, Hima, Lauren,Mina, DJ, Sam, Oscar,.Misho and Shelby. The Pyramid Divers team based at the hotel also deserve a mention, top notch day out to Tiran Island, I've been before and loved it but my 3 year old son is still telling anyone who would listen about his day out on the scuba boat!I would and do recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. Loved it so much i've already booked up for next year. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Pay the bit extra and get a family room with a main pool view if you can and you like a bit of noise...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Vickie G
Sheffield
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just arrived back after 10 days and all I can say is what a great time we had. ALL of the staff there couldn't do enough to make our stay so enjoyable from the moment we arrived and was greeted by michael to leaving and saying goodbye to Karam our housekeeper who kept our room spotless and gave us such fun with the towel art. We will definitely be back for another visit. The food was lovely and varied and the romantic dinner that we had by the pool was 1st class as too was Nathan's Al la Carte both 5*. The animation team kept you going all day, don't know where they get there energy from keep it up guys. All we can say is keep it up your all doing a fantastic job what a hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine35
Brixham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have never been on a such a fantastic holiday! Me my partner and my daughter have been back home one day and we are missing st George we have been there 4 2 weeks and the staff and food and accommodation was great but best of all the animation entertainment team they made our holiday don't split Claire nema misho oscar n Lauren mena up they were brill we r coming back 2 st George ASAP you will never find a more friendly and welcoming environment from Simon Sam Lucy n the mini disco was great for the kids!

• Stayed November 2013