“Fantastic place - shame about the animation team”

Xperience St. George Homestay
Ranked #44 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Fantastic place - shame about the animation team”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My partner and I absolutely loved it here! The staff were lovely, our room was immaculate and the food was lovely. Anyone who moans about the food will never be pleased and I can say that as my partner is the fussiest eater alive and he still thoroughly enjoyed what was on offer.

The only down side was the two girls on the animation team :-( they lacked enthusiasm and made us feel uncomfortable at times however michu was exceptionally brilliant and kept us feeling welcomed.

The night club outings (in theory) are great 500 Egyptian pounds for all inclusive for 2. However what they don't tell you is the amount of time you have there and the terrible drinks that are on offer.

I appreciate they earn a commission from us therefore they want to get as many people on board, however when you don't get to a venue until gone half 12 and the all inclusive finishes at 2 and there's only one tiny bar that you can order from. You can't help but feel ripped off slightly.

There was also alleged jibes made about us which has deterred us from either coming back or coming and not getting involved in any of the trips available.

However, on the whole this place was amazing and Egypt is a beautiful place. We felt very safe considering the goings on out there and had security staff around the hotel which was really reassuring.

We are definitely going to go back to sharm in the future :-)

• Stayed September 2013
Emad A, Manager at Xperience St. George Homestay, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Madame,

Thank you for choosing Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim . We have taken notes of your comments regarding animation team and will forward them to the concerned department for immediate action so that these situations do not reoccur in the future.

Hope we can welcome you again in Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,055)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Myself and my mum have just returned from a 14 night stay at Xperience St George Homestay, this is my 3rd time staying with this hotel and each experience has been better and better. We arrived to a warm welcome from reception staff who were very helpful in ensuring we had a room we required due to my mums disability. Can not fault anything from my experience all the staff were very eager to help my mum in and out of the pool, to the restaurant and opening doors. Animation team where amazing, they are the ones that made our holiday complete, very polite always have time to talk to you, always tried to involve you in everything where possible, amazing evening entertainment and was always a good night out with them all too.
Rooms where cleaned daily and always fresh towels supplied.
I will never stay anywhere other than this hotel, it was clean had no problems with food, always good selection. There are 2 pool areas (quiet pool & activity pool) and there is a spa also which do amazing massages, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi packages.
The bar staff where very pleasant and always ensured we had drinks with every meal etc and will chat to you when they can; always full of compliments and was greeted at the restaurant at every meal.
Please ignore any bad reviews as I will honestly say being a very fussy person myself this is the best hotel to stay at in Sharm don't let the bad reviews put you off staying here!! Thank you to every member of staff at this hotel for an amazing experience I shall be returning very soon until then I will miss you all

Room Tip: if you like loud music and activities then choose a ground floor room around the activity pool so yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lyndsey2601
Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Waiting to see you soon in your second home Xperience St.George Homestay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just got back, stayed for 7 days and it wasnt long enough! Staff were fantastic couldnt do enough for you, so friendly and would go out their way to make your holiday perfect! Personally i think if anyone had a problen with the food then there just fussy people who are never satisfied, there was a huge variety you couldnt ask for more! There was something for everyone. We want to thank all the staff who made this holiday our best one yet.. Thanks to Mina (think thats how you spell it) who looks after the quiet pool, always making an effort to talk to everyone, making sure they enjoy there holiday and just generally having a laugh with everyone! What a lovely friendly guy he is. George for our tattoos that are perfect! Hes fantastic if anyone is thinking of a tattoo, what a lovely man he is aswell. We also met two couples we will never forget we hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Overall this was a fantastic holiday with fantastic people and we will be returning next year at the same time. Thanks again to everybody! It was perfect!

Steph and terry xx

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank stephandterry
Dear Sir/Madame,

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future, we are pleased by your very nice comments about our staff.

May I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back next year in Xperience St.George Homestay.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just back from 7 days in this hotel, thoroughly enjoyed our time there, the facilities that the hotel provide are superb, choice of pool areas depending on whether you prefer loud music and activities or a quieter time by the other pools, all pool areas were very clean and it was never a problem to get a sun bed. The pool man provided clean towels and a cheerful greeting every day from 7.00am. Attendants delivered chilled flannels several times a day in all pool areas, the lovely juicy melon slices were also very welcome. Our room was spacious, clean, overlooked the pool and was serviced daily. The restaurant food was good, lots of choices, salads, rice, pasta, potato, chicken, beef seafood and vegetarian dishes, there was also BBQ food every evening. All the staff were very friendly and Michael was more than helpful, nothing was too much trouble for him. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Elaine M
Dear Sir,

We would like to send you our thanks and appreciation for your feedback regarding your recent week you very enjoyed at our Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel and it’s really nice to see, that you had a relaxing break with us here.

We are waiting for you to come back to your second home Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel.

Hartlepool, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

it was the worst holiday me and my wife have ever been on you go on holiday to relax as soon as you got to the pool to relax you get tortured by Egyptians asking if you want to have a haircut massage facial tattoe watersports you just got tortured by them all day and every day that's the good parts the bad parts are we were there for 2 weeks and our bed sheets were not changed once our patio doors leading on to the veranda the glass was cracked bottom to the top so we were frightend to open them its getting better the food was like pig swill cooking chicken on a hot plate 1 side of the hot plate the chicken was coocked then the so called chef pored a gallon of uncooked chicken on the other side of the hot plate were he was serving coocked chicken no wonder every body had sickness and diahorea wich I had for 7 days its getting better young girls don't go because you get tortured by the Egyptians 2 girls from Manchester were in tears because 1 Egyptian man were stalking them me and my wife had to warn him of I could go on and on but best advice don't go to the holiday from hell st George homestay

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephen D
Dear Sir,

Thank you for completing a Tripadvisor review on your recent visit to our hotel. It is a pity to hear that we didn’t meet your 100% satisfaction, all your comments will highly consider.

We hope to see you in the near future again at Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel to meet your expectations.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 10 day stay at this "4*" hotel; unfortunately, it did not meet ANY of our expectations.

In short, the hotel is aimed at the British abroad (c. 98% were Brits), the vast majority of which were from north of the M25. Simply put it was like being on the set of Coronation Street and the Royle Family all rolled into one, although not quite as sophisticated!

The hotel itself is very tired, although reasonably clean. It was somewhat ironic that in the lobby area they kept on showing a video of what can only be assumed was the promo for when the hotel first opened - it bore absolutely no resemblance to how it is now and did them no favours at all.

On a positive note the staff did try their best to accommodate their guests (who, by and large, were either completely over the top in love with them, or treated them like animals) and although we had to change rooms (we were originally near to the "theatre" where it sounded like they were strangling cats - it was in fact karaoke night), the rooms were spacious and pretty clean.

As for the food, it is buffet style - typical all inclusive set up. Unfortunately, it was absolutely terrible. Typical Brit abroad food (chips with your cornflakes, sir?) and everything completely over cooked. The meat was like chalk, the vegetables mush, etc.

For some this clearly was "home from home" and ticked all their boxes (I see one person referred to the hotel as "paradise" in their review) - for us it was a complete disaster.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D R
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my partner and 2 girls from the 28th of August - 4th of September. The hotel is small compared to what I am usually used to but that did not spoil my stay.

Positives:

Transfer time was 20 mins away which was perfect as we arrived at 8pm and were all tired and very hungry.

Check in was quick and we were told that dinner will be served at 9.30 - 10pm. I was not expecting that and was really impressed that the hotel was considerate about this.

Room location I think was the best, right in the middle of the quiet swimming pool, lobby and restaurant. We were given room 1073 at the rear and had a view of the grounds and the kids play area.

Staff at the restaurant were really helpful esp Hamish the manager. He made sure that my partners hot sauce was ready on the table before we arrived at all meal times. Mina was always ready with our drinks and Rawesh the chef would come out and ask if the food was ok and if we wanted to eat anything that was not on the menu then to let him know.

The food was great all the time. Different variety everyday and tasted good as well. Best hotel food I have had I think.

Glad this hotel has a quiet pool with sunbeds always available as the main pool is always busy and blaring with music.

The beach was nice even though it was not sand but shingles where you could do many water sports and it was private to the hotel. Definitely much cooler there with the sea breeze.

Free Hotel Shuttle Bus Service

The shuttle to the beach had to be booked a day in advance and ran everyday at different times.
The shuttle bus to Naama Bay was everyday day except Tue and Sat where it went to the Mercato shopping area. Timings were 8-10 pm or 9 - 11pm
The shuttle bus to the Old Market was on Thursdays at the same times.

Negatives:

The cleanliness of the room was not that great. Esp the bathroom. The bin was not emptied everyday and the sink was never cleaned I don't think during the whole of our stay. The floor always seemed dirty.

One of the days I had put a do not disturb sign on the door but the cleaner still walked in whilst I was in the shower. Good think I had chained the door as trust me I would have had words or more with the management. The cleaner did apologise and said he will come back.

The kids club was not great at all. I have been to other hotels and the kids club has been excellent. The timings were 10 - 12.30 and 3 - 5pm. It seemed that the club worker lacked in how to entertain the kids as my 2 girls always refused to go as there was not much to do. One of the days I encouraged my girls to go to get a feel for it and 30 mins in they were off on a 30 min break and not doing much. The club it self did not have a warm feel to it either. It was very dark and dull inside. Lacked a feel of warmth and colour.

The evening entertainment was rubbish. It would never start on time. They would say 9pm but did not begin till 9.30pm or one day 10 pm.The music was just tooooooooo loud and gave me a splitting headache. I refused to go and preferred to sit in the lobby. The kids disco would start at 8.30pm every night but was a waste of time.

There is a WIFI charge but not too sure how much as did not need to use it.

Late checkout charge was around £25 from 12pm - 5pm. This would increase if you needed more hours. This was a big negative for me as our transfer time was at 6pm which meant we couldn't sunbathe as would have nowhere to shower and our luggage was left in the lobby where the hotel takes no responsibility. This was extremely difficult esp having little ones.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and did not let the negative points affect our trip. Nice small hotel with good, friendly and helpful staff. Good food and the quiet pool was definitely a blessing.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room away from the main pool area as its very noisy with the music. Request a roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment about your stay. It is our pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your overall holiday in our resort.

As for your negative remarks please note that we will pass them to the concerned department for to be highly considered.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Xperience St.George Homestay very near future.