Xperience St. George Homestay
Official Hotel
$300
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$62
  • Breakfast included
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$58
$75
$68
Movenpick.com
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$80
Hyatt.com
$58
$46
$49
  • Breakfast included
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
$50
$35
  • Pool
$182
$136
4,711 results
All reviewsquiet poolnaama bayanimation teamold marketgreat holidayfree buslobby barfishtwo weeksprivate beachrestaurant staffcouldn't do enoughsister hotelsoho squarebig thanksice creammain restaurant
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my first trip to Egypt and I thouroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the only down side was that it was on the outskirts of Sharm and there is not a lot near by. Although it advertises its own private beach, you do have to take a 20 minute mini bus ride to the beach. There is a free shuttle bus every night in to Naama Bay which a real must, we visited a couple of night and really anjoyed the atmosphere there. The Staff are really friendly and helpful, especially Carlos who works on the pool bar through the day, he make everyones holiday so enjoyable as he is such a fun character.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emad A, Manager at Xperience St. George Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing the Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be enjoyable.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in your second home Xperience St.George Homestay very near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Third time we have been gets better every time.already booked to go again this November. staff and management excellent food really good very clean and tidy.quiet pool great for peace and relaxation no harassment from people trying to sell you stuff. Thomas cook rep bent over backwards to help you even out off hours. The excursions were brilliant both Thomas cook and by the hotel loads to do. The upstairs restaurant was amazing did us grilled lobster and t-bone steak.well done St George

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank cdi3
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my second trip to Sharm el Sheikh after previously staying at the more expensive Hilton Sharks Bay Resort. The Xperience St George Homestay was a gem of a find and I really could not believe just how friendly the hotel was.
The staff do everything to help you and make you feel welcome and the animation team are also fantastic (except when they forced me to take part in their evening entertainment  ).
One thing that is normally hard to guarantee with a hotel is its other guests – but I can honestly say that this hotel seems to attract very friendly people. This was the one real difference that I noticed from the Hilton.
The food was good – again better that the Hilton, offering hot food and salads to suit guests from all over the world.
There are many hotels in Sharm so trip advisor was very important in helping me chose the right hotel. I am sometimes sceptical when a hotel receives so many good reviews – but believe me, they are all pretty accurate with this hotel.
I would recommend a boat trip and some of the quad biking excursions in the desert. We decided tp pay a little extra and book through our rep. Would normally not hesitate to negotiate a deal with a local vendor but given the current political situation – wanted to be safe. On that note – the resort is very well guarded and there was no hint of trouble.

Room Tip: I travelled with a friend and we had a family room with a single and a double bed. This was fine - however did face the road and we did hear a little traffic noise - no major issue though and didn't impact my sleeping
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank James M

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you recommend sunset boat trip, we are pleased by your very nice comments about our staff and the resort generally and that you had an enjoyable stay at our resort .

Thanks for having chosen us for your vacation and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Returned after a fortnight at St George on 10th July 2013. This had been our 4th visit to Egypt and the best yet. This may be because we are in our early 50's and thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet. As with other reviews, all staff are friendly and willing to go to any lengths to ensure you are ok. The rooms are cleaned every day. The food is very good, in actual fact this year we found something for our differing tastes each day. The hotel provides a taxi service as you are a little out of the way, however this was 50 Egyptian (£5) to take you somewhere and pick you up at an agreed time. I preferred this to constant barter with Egyptian taxis whose English is poor. They also put a bus on to take/return you to the beach and Naama Bay. There is a Dr on site 24 hrs, we didn't require his services and for the first time I didn't hear any body talk of sickness or ear ache.
There are staff who walk around tempting you to tattoos, saunas, spa etc, we didn't experience any hassle from them, once we said yes or no they would pass be polite and move on. There is a red flag that you can place on your beds and they then know not to approach.
Finally, there is an animation team, we sat by quiet pool during day and are aware that they entertain by the other pools, evening entertainment is for 2 hrs and this varies from traditional dancing, fire shows, karaoke. I personally liked the fact the team circulate mid evening talking to guests, finding out how peoples days have gone, advising if necessary on any issues, must mention Erica.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Caron L

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing the Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

We will be gald to welcome you back once more in your second home.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 2 weeks, returning 9th July, we can honestly say we had a fantastic time throughout.
Firstly, we suggest you spray yourselves with insect repellant immediately on arrival as the mosquitoes are very hungry, and continue doing so for the rest of your stay (good spray available in the hotel shop). Secondly, maybe don't bother with exchanging currency to Egyptian pounds as everywhere is currently happy with sterling, giving 10LE for £1, any trips booked through the hotel must be paid for in sterling so either take enough real money or use a credit card which doesn't charge a premium for use abroad.
GENERAL: the service overall is extremely good, it then becomes excellent with small gratuities here and there, you can tip in sterling and the occasional 50p/£1 gratuity gains service almost before you ask for it. I'd advise you to not to drink your water too cold as it can chill the stomach and upset your digestion, as can some of the salad foods which are likely rinsed in tap water, too much sun can also upset your stomach so pre-arm yourself with pepto-bismal or gaviscon to avoid a day in your room. I had no such problems myself but was beset by prickly heat, the local pharmacy was very helpful and happy to give me antihistamine tablets and gel despite having gone without any money! I returned to settle my debt the same day though I should add that even the guard at the hotel gate offered to lend me cash so I wouldn't have to leave the grounds again. Do not expect any women staff except one at the spa, other than this ONE case it seems that women are kept hidden away throughout Sharm el Sheikh. Expect to hear 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' several times a day, even in July.
HOTEL: The rooms are fairly basic, but we found the beds comfortable and the standard of cleanliness excellent. Air conditioning, fridge and television were much appreciated, refill your water bottle at any one of the many dispensing points around the hotel. Overall, the decor is a bit tired with scuffs to the walls and problems with the flooring surfaces around the pool areas where the heat has cracked the surfaces and dislodged paint, there were ongoing repairs which were done at night to avoid disruption to customers. On the whole we found very little to complain about.
FOOD: I have seen several comments regarding repetitive food in the restaurant, none of which I agree with, yes, a few items were offered more than once but there was ample variety, all freshly prepared on a daily basis; rack of lamb, kofte, quail and stuffed duck breast were favourites, as were artichoke hearts, stuffed peppers, saffron rice and chick pea ragout. Around 12 prepared salads were available daily, augmented by the usual salad staples and dressings. Myriad cakes and desserts made choices difficult, though we thought that many of the elaborate gateaux looked wonderful but tasted of very little, there was a fantastic nougat slice and something which looked like an English fresh cream slice but tasted like a soft, gooey bounty bar. My daughter had donuts for breakfast while I ate the excellent croissants, also available were porridge, cereals, yoghurts, fruit salad, scrambled eggs, french toast, grilled tomatoes and much more.
DRINKS: All the drinks were inclusive except the fresh fruit juices (not to be confused with the orange or lemon juice drink available from the dispensing machines) and named spirit brands. Genuine pepsi and seven-up for the fizzy pop drinkers, with diet versions available. Constant tea, coffee and hot chocolate, chilled lemon or peach tea in addition to beer and cocktails, there really is something for everyone.
ENTERTAINMENT: The fire dancing and Egyptian evening were quite entertaining, but we're not sure what the Animation team thought they were doing, and we're really puzzled by the positive comments they have received on trip advisor, I cringed so much I had to leave the theatre.
TRIPS: Prebook free buses to the very touristy shopping areas but expect a surcharge to visit Soho due to the comparative travel distance. We recommend the Sunset Cruise but didn't book any other trips, a fellow holiday maker had her trip to Karnak cancelled on safety grounds due to the political unrest in Cairo.
OVERALL: 3 star hotel, 4 star food, 5 star service.
Would we recommend it? Absolutely! You could buy a more expensive holiday and get more luxury, but this suited our purposes perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family