Me and my wife came to the baron palms on our honeymoon on the 8th July all I can say is wow it was amazing loved every day and we were both devistated when we needed to go home ;-(
w arrived at 5 after a short 10 min coach ride from the airport, Easy check in. When we got to the pool bar this guy in oficial hotel uniform offered to show us around as we were new to the hotel how could we refuse. Unfortuntaly it just turned into a big sales ploy as he led us to the beach to try and get us to spend £180 on a meal on the beach, seriously what a rip off, I feel sorry for the mugs who actually coffed up. The problem is for days after even though we had told him we were not interested he kept harrassing us, whether it was when we were around the pool, in the bar or even having a meal, in the en it was getting annoying but I told him to go away and eventually he did.
The pool was absolutly amazing, this is what we came for, the water is nice and chilled and there is a beautiful waterfall, the only gripe is we had to get up and be outside at 7.20 inorder to join the que to get a bed, this is a bit fustrating as there are clearly not enough beds round the hotel for it's residents which is just plain stupid, not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel!! And some of the staff were reserving beds for people, this shouldn't be allowed, I know mr hoffer says the staff don't do this but I can assure you they do.
I'm sorry for having a go because this is the only problem with the hotel, the sales pressure and lack off beds.
The food in the buffet area was fab, different theme every night, those who say there is no choice are either blind or simply moaners. No problems with the food, we also ate in the al a carte eygptian and pool resturants which were fab, we also had the Indian (but we had to pay extra for this) but this was nice.
The bars we excellent we often started in the pool bar, then the piano bar and often sat on the terrace, the staff were brilliant especially osman and sayed who always kept us refreshed, this isn't a criticism more of a suggestion but it would be nice if in the evening there was slighly stronger beers avaliable on the all inclusive as the beer is very weak. I can understand why this is served, especially during the day, as obviously you don't want all the residents constantly drunk as it would be chaos, but in the evening the choice would be nice. We had many a plesant conversations with mr hoffer and his wife, they made you feel at home, mr hoffers wife advised that we go to the pyramids, and after taking up that advice all I can say is thank you as it really is amazing. The pyramids are something you just have to do!!!!
I want to just say w met some fantastic people at this hotel and the memories will always be with us, thanks mark and Thersa.
Thanks to the excellent staff, I rate them as amongst the best in the world, the hotel whilst obviously not a 5 star (European standards) it is still an excellent, clean and well run hotel which cannot be faulted, will me and my wife be coming back? Dam right, although it will be in a few years.
Just want to also mention mohamed in the terian resturant, if everyone worked as hard like he does, there wouldn't be a credit crunch, himself and all the staff are an absolute asset to this hotel.
Thank you for making mine and my wifes honeymoon the most special and beautiful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting location, rooted in timeless attraction; a palette of colors: blue skies, red mountains, green landscapes, turquoise sea, and golden sands, are simple descriptions of this five-star boutique-style deluxe Hotel, with an adults only concept. The award-winning Andalucian-style with Moroccan design features Resort setup amid more than 150 palm trees, offers high-quality accommodation and a wealth of onsite facilities all combined to make it 'A New Tropical Heaven'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Palms Hotel
- Baron Palms Sharm El Sheikh