“Bit disappointed :0(”

Ranked #14 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
derby, England
“Bit disappointed :0(”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just Back from second visit to the Baron Palms and was not impressed this time last year couldn't fault it this year standards had dropped . First I must say 99% of staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is very clean even though I caught which I believe was the sickness bug (Nora virus) was in bed 2 days and had to see the doctor who put me on a drip for dehydration :0( agonising pain but I'd recover but lost 2 days out of a 7 day holiday .Well first the cocktails were awful coloured water was not good not lot of choice - the red wine was not as good as last year either :0( which is a disappointment when that is my favourite tipple - now for the food worst has to be the Paradise restaurant worst food ever hard meat- cold rice - half cooked fish we want there on our last night with some friends we were all so disappointed - beach bar don't eat there out sandwich was terrible bread was frozen and hardly any filling the fries were cold couldn't get a coffee on beach for 2 days as machine had broke :0( no wonder I was I'll - Egyptian restaurant again poor quality if you had the fish was the same as the buffet restaurant at lunch but they had put some tomato flavoured sauce on it and gave it a fancy name food was cold - my husband had the kebab and was not impressed as I say last year it was so much better - the Tiran buffet restaurant was about the best food was ok some nice dishes but tend to be repeated a lot a bit more choice needed but 2 BIG point to make the waiters are lovely very friendly and helpful but the Chefs that walk around checking are rude barge you out of the way and mutter at you when you are trying to fill your plate - they do like to wait a moment VERY RUDE and most importantly they need to put signs up for people to use tongs when touching food saw loads of people picking cheese bread etc not using the tongs provided not very hygienic :0( The hotel has got some good points it is spotless kept well maintained but felt standards have dropped quite a bit -and just to add our friends we met out there last year have been there 6 times and they say the standards have dropped loads and did actually speak to the management regarding their concerns - I do hope hope they sort out the problems as it is a shame because it has such lovely staff ( most of them ) sadly I won't return nor is our friend we shall be meeting up again next year at a different hotel :0(

3 Thank tilly62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was a short break and my 3rd time to Egypt. I felt that this hotel was most definitely not 5*. Whilst it was clean and the staff were fantastic the rooms were very dated and the bathroom/shower was very old with paint coming off and mould around the seals. Also paint all over the glass of the door. No lifts if you have heavy bags etc. buffet restaurant was ok but very limited and much the same every evening, again the staff were very good. The sports bar is not included in the all inclusive and no bottled water at the beach!!!! This was unbelievable! You either had to buy water from the shop or walk up to the pool bar! Also no seats or seating area at the beach bar so if you ordered food you either had to sit on sun loungers or stand to eat!! Also only limited cocktails available on all inc. NO mojitos!! No wind breakers on the beach and no toilets! Again you have to walk up to one of the hotels and use theirs. You are NOT permitted to use the sister hotels restaurant/bar without paying! I would say to anyone looking at this hotel to have a look at club magic life instead. Stayed there last year and it knocks spots off of this hotel. I would say that there is nothing majorly wrong with this hotel but for the price we paid we were very disappointed! For £400 less between us we could have stayed at a far superior hotel. We did have a nice time and the animation team were lovely but definitely not worth the money!

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank jetsetter992
ManagementBP, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest

We would first like to humbly thank you for taking the time in posting your review and thank you for praising our staff and cleanliness of the hotel.

We would to inform you that all your constructive comments have been taken into consideration and we already have started an action plan to adjust all defects inorder to reach maximum satisfaction for all our guests. Our aim is to be one of the top 5 in the industry and working hard on achieving this.

In regards to the sports bar, thus we allow our guests to enjoy playing in the sports bar, however it is not included in the all inclusive package. The cocktails available are limited according and within the all inclusive package, however if a client requests for something, we are more than happy to prepare the same for them as a compliment. The reason why there are no WC facilities at the beach is due to the fact that the area is a national park and thus not permitted by the governor to have the same facilities on the beach sections. The sister hotel though part of the group, are managed by different management with different concepts in regards to the Baron Palms.

Hope the above explains some of the points raised by your goodself. All your other points raised have already been put into consideration and thank you for sharing the same with us.

We very much would hope to welcome you back again in your next vacation and also to give us another chance to make your vacation a memorable one and for you to evaluate the improvements made. We do honor and appreciate our comments

Kindest regards from the Red Sea shore.
london
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have just returned from our first 'all inclusive' experience and I guess we have been extremely lucky in our choice of this hotel. The attention to detail is amazing; the hotel is immaculately clean with staff who genuinely seem to enjoy looking after the guests, nothing is too much trouble. The food choices were excellent, we are not fans of buffet service, preferring to have waiter service and although the service and good at the main restaurant were very good, we loved the two specialist restaurants, particularly the Egyptian. There is no limit on how many times guests book and we did not have any difficulty in making our reservations - delicious food and drinks. The management are very visible around the hotel, and are approachable, this is a whole new world of customer service and we will definitely be returning with our family soon - the holiday was a real treat.

Room Tip: Well worth paying the extra cost for a pool view room.
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time in posting a remarkable review of your vacation with us. We are extremely glad to know that our standard of service, amenities and cuisine met your expectations.

Your honest comments are very motivating and encouraging to the resort as a whole, thus thrives us in making the best possible efforts in making your vacation as comfortable as possible.

We do hope to welcoming and seeing you soon to Baron Palms Resort.

Kindest regards from the Red Seashore.
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just back today from my third stay at the Baron Palms and this year was the best one yet, the hotel is beautiful and very clean.

All of the staff work very hard indeed to deliver a fantastic holiday experience. All the receptionists and guest relations workers in the lobby are very professional and attentive to your needs and queries.

At the lobby bar you are served to a very high standard, I would like to thank by name Richel, Michele, Mohammed and Amr from the lobby/terrace bar for their hard work and friendly professional service.

Many thanks thanks to all the guys at the paradise pool bar especially Emad! The Siesta Beach Bar provided me with great food and conversation.

Also massive thanks to The whole of the Animation team lead by Nino with Med, Courtney, Roman, Nicole, Matty, Julia, Zino, Sasha, Vitaly and Kirsty who kept me smiling the whole time :D So much so I am returning this month instead of waiting another year, and I would not hesitate to recommend the Baron Palms to all my friends!

As a footnote I recommend the Shop Ali & Ali at the beginning of the Baron Shopping Boulevard for your souvenirs and if Camel riding tickles your fancy then Cassanova the camel will provide you with a lovely safe led ride on the beach!

See you soon my friends!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank David_Barbeary
Dear Guest

First and foremost thank you so much for taking the time to post a fantastic review of our resort. We are very pleased to know that you had a fantastic vacation for the third time going and we are extremely happy to see our repeat guests at all times.

We are very glad to know that our standard of service has ones again impressed your good-self. We would also like to thank you again for mentioning all the staff that made your stay as comfortable as possible.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you again soon this month!

Kindest regards from the Red Seashore.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just home after spending a week at the lovely Baron Palms with my husband and our two good friends! We were all delighted with the friendly and professional service we enjoyed during our stay. We couldn't have wished for anything better - nothing was any trouble and always done with a smile - We were made to feel very special! The food was excellent with plenty of choice - Make sure you take advantage of the lovely Egyptian restaurant which is available to guests also, well worth the short stroll. The hotel is spotless - a discreet army of staff are constantly cleaning and buffing the marble tiles but not in an intrusive way ( usually when the guests are tucked up in bed). It is obvious the staff are happy to be working here and they are certainly well trained and geared up to make their customers want to return for more! A special mention to Michelle our lovely waitress who kept us supplied with tea and cakes in the afternoon - drinks and snacks in the evening - thank you / shukran !

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are best. Keep verandera doors closed - I had a problem with Mosquitos - nev...
1 Thank Ulsteron2ur
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'm a lucky guy as I have the luxury of taking weekends away abroad with my girlfriend. Weve been to Sharm a few times and always wanted to try out Baron Palms because of its reputation.
So, we decided to go for a long weekend in January 2013.
If honest, I'm left disappointed and have mixed opinion of the place, it certainly didnt meet our high expectations for the money we paid (this is a key point as we've stayed in Sharm for half the price and the didnt get any lesser service or quality of hotel). I won't write a never ending story but key goods and bads are;
Goods
- The majority of staff are amazing, polite and want to do anything for you...bar a couple which I'll mention below
- Hotel is spotlessly clean. We were a bit worried that there was no santizer around, but we didnt get stomach upsets
- Food - again, really nice. Lots of choice, and all good quality
- Pool - there are two big pools. One is ice cold, I went in there for a laugh but nearly died of a heart attack. However, the other is heated, which was welcome as a couple of days were chilly (and raining !!)
- Gym - we both like going to the gym daily and we were on our own most of the time. Its small but the equipment is good quality and again, all very clean
- Wifi - free around reception and the veranda area. Quite funny watching everyone on their ipads at night time - how technology has moved on.

The Bad
- There isnt a massive amount of bad things but there was enough to offset against the price we paid. It was £400 for 4 days (rooms, not the flights, we got those cheap). There are other equally good hotels for a lot less than this.
- We asked for a room without a connected door as my girlfriend doesnt like them. Guess what, we got one with a connecting door.
- The room we were given must have been the worst in the building. It sat above the entrance to where the workers come to work and so we heard them every morning at 4AM, then a generator of some sort starts at 5AM. It was room 529, so avoid this room and the row its in if you can.
- As I said earlier, most staff are amazing. The bar staff in the veranda area should be proud of themselves, they worked their socks off. However, one waiter from the pool bar was awful. Never smiled, took ages to serve, etc. We tipped the lad two of the days to try and encourage a better service, but nope, it didnt happen.

I don't want to give a complete downer on the place as if the price was right I'd be back like a shot but its much too expensive in todays competitive market.

Room Tip: avoid room 529 and the row along where that is.
4 Thank Steve C
Devon
Reviewed January 30, 2013

What a hotel. Both service, food and hotel staff made my holiday one to be remembered. Will definitely be returning later in the year hopefully. Will hopefully be returning for 2 weeks this time.
Many thanks and best regards mike.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are excellent. You have to pay a little more but well worth it. I was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mike P
ManagementBP, Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review about our resort. We are very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation with us and that our standards of service and facilities met your expectation.

We very much look forward in welcoming you back again soon, later this year.

Kindest regards from Baron Palms Resort