Firstly on behalf of the Dunn family staying in rooms 206, 208 and 210; from 13th December to 23rd December, I’d like to say a massive thank you to all the staff at the Baron Palms Resort for making our family holiday restful and enjoyable. It has been a pleasure to write a positive review for this hotel and we look forward to our next holiday with the Baron Palms Resort!
• Upon arrival to the Baron Palms we were met by the guest relations staff who directed us into the reception; whilst they collected our bags. Once in reception we were met with flower necklaces and fresh fruit juice which was lovely, especially after a long flight. Whilst we were sitting we were asked to complete check in cards. This is one of the calmest and most organised check in’s I have ever experienced and it set the tone for the rest of the holiday.
Rooms / House Keeping:
• The rooms were lovely and well-presented upon arrival, after we were shown to our rooms the bags were brought down afterwards.
• We were all thoroughly impressed with the ‘travel cot’ that we had ordered for my 18 month old nephew. This turned out to be a full sized wooden cot which we were greatly impressed with it.
• The bathrooms were equally as clean and during our stay we never had any issues with getting hot water which we have experienced previously in other hotels.
• The housekeeping standard in the first half of our holiday was ok. The rooms were not dirty however they were not immaculate. This however changed after a different housekeep took over and we noticed a significant improvement.
• We also had animals made out of towels left on the bed which was a lovely surprise.
• The TV had the odd occasion of losing signal – however this was very rare. There were a number of English speaking channels; sky news and a number of film channels.
• The beds were slightly hard however this only really became a problem towards the end of the 10 days.
• Before arriving at the Baron Palms Resort we contacted the manager to discuss the possibility of arranging a birthday cake for my brother in law for his birthday. The staff were more than happy to help and it was very easy to arrange this. On the night we’d booked the cake for the table in the restaurant was decorated with fresh cut flowers from the grounds and balloons. The waiters brought out the cake at the end of our meal whilst singing happy birthday first in Arabic and then English.
• The day after our check in the manager approached my father and said that he’d noticed that yesterday was his birthday from his passport and that they didn’t know. My father explained that they’d not mentioned it due to the late arrival of our flight etc. The manager then said that he’d ensure a cake was sent up to the room for our family to celebrate his birthday and true to his word when we arrived back from the pool there was a knock on the door and a cake with candles and a birthday card arrived. This was an amazing touch and it was greatly appreciated.
Food / Dinning Options:
• The general standard of food was good in the main restaurant. The evening meal changed each evening with a different theme menu.
• Breakfast gave you the option of hot and cold buffet style breakfast. In addition to this there was a chef making fresh fried eggs and omelettes which were lovely.
• Lunch time a fresh pasta station was available which again was great. The only thing I think that was missing from lunch time was maybe some form of light bites section for example fresh sandwiches / toasted sandwiches or Panini’s etc.
• We ate in the pool side bar once or twice during our stay; the food was nice however the number of birds was slightly off putting. However this was more down to the guest on other tables feeding the birds.
Tiran Restaurant Staff:
• We’d like to give a special mention to the staff who served on the right hand side of the restaurant; especially Emad (Captain) and Ramadan. The service they provided whilst we were there was second to none. They would reserve us the same table each night and nothing was every too much trouble. They would always ensure that drinks were never empty and remembered what each member of our party drank. In addition to this they took the time to learn names and get to know us and build a relationship with us which added to the experience; as well as being very patient when trying to teach us basic Arabic! These members of staff made our experience so memorable and we wish them all the best in their upcoming marriages!
• Emad also took a lot of time to ensure that my 18 month of nephew was amused during meal times for example creating rabbits out of napkins and using the rabbit to tempt him to eat or drink.
• The finished plates and empty glasses were always cleared away very quickly which was very good.
• There is a waiter service by the pool which usually only starts after about 10am due to there being less staff in before this time. They are happy to bring drinks for the whole party even if there is only one member sat on the sun loungers at that time which was a plus; we have previously been to all inclusive where you can only order two drinks at a time.
• The glasses by the pool are a decent size and a hard plastic glass rather than the small white plastic cups we’ve had previously in different hotels.
• The pool side toilets were immaculately clean; there never seemed to be any water anywhere which you might expect from a pool side toilet.
• The towel attendant was very pleasant and attentive. He met my partner every morning with 7 towels and helped us to lay them out all whilst giving us an Arabic lesson which was great fun!
• The pools were always flawlessly clean every day including the areas around the pool.
• The pool with the waterfall although beautiful to look at was far too cold to actually swim in; in fact it became a bit of a dare pool e.g. if you lost a bet then your forfeit was to jump in and swim under the waterfall and back again!
• The heated pool was much better for swimming in and once again always lovely and clean!
• The pools areas always seemed to be quite quiet and calm which was lovely for relaxing.
• The beach was well maintained and clean
• Clean towels were available when required.
• Toilets were slightly too far away – in fact it was easier to go into the baron resort hotel rather than walking all the way back to the ones by the pool.
• Red tags are available from the towel hut to hang from your umbrella which means that people passing up and down the beach attempting to sell things or book trips are not allowed to bother you which can be brilliant.
• Beach bar food left a lot to be desired and the staff were not really overly friendly which was a bit of a let-down, considering the amazing service from the staff by the pool and in the Tiran restaurant.
• The shopping Boulevard was brilliant and well equipped. I liked the idea that unless you cross over the black and white checked edging they were not allowed to approach you. All the owners of the shops on the right hand side were lovely and we had no problems with going in and out without being mithered (too much).
• However the shop owners at the very top left hand side near the beach were quite rude at times and made us feel quite uncomfortable. For example one guy every night would walk forward saying advertisement and hand us a book mark and then start asking for money. Another time when we refused to go into the shop by saying no thank you and explaining my nephew was tired and it was time for his nap they all then began to call things after us in Arabic whilst laughing – we have no idea what they said however it was still quite intimidating.
• We found the taxi’s (called Limousines by the hotel) amazingly expensive for example we needed two taxi’s to go to Old Sharm and back and we were quoted 650 Egyptian pounds. We then contacted a local taxi company and they quoted us 250 Egyptian pounds. This was a massive difference and they were equally as reliable and prompt.
• We never really attended any of the productions put on in the theatre at the end of the pool – but to be honest we never have.
• We did however love the performances from Mohamed the guitar player. He was utterly brilliant! We were slightly disappointed though that he was made to stop at 10pm one Saturday night due to someone complaining. Especially when the previous time he’d played it had gone on until around 11pm.
• The gingerbread house that was created and put out for display in the Tiran restaurant was amazing.
• The Wi-Fi available was of quite a good standard however it would have been useful to have it by the pool.
Over all our stay at the Baron Palms Resort was excellent and we would have no problems in recommending this hotel to others. We look forward to our next holiday here in 2013!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting location, rooted in timeless attraction; a palette of colors: blue skies, red mountains, green landscapes, turquoise sea, and golden sands, are simple descriptions of this five-star boutique-style deluxe Hotel, with an adults only concept. The award-winning Andalucian-style with Moroccan design features Resort setup amid more than 150 palm trees, offers high-quality accommodation and a wealth of onsite facilities all combined to make it 'A New Tropical Heaven'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Palms Hotel
- Baron Palms Sharm El Sheikh