“2012 holidyay”

and 1 more site!
Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #16 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Another lovely holiday, this our third visit and well up to our expectations. Hotel, staff, surroundings just as we had hoped. Magdyy, dining manager, a gracious host. Kirstie and Matt worked v. Hard in the animation team. Amed, waiter, kindness as ever. We'll be back

Room Tip: Good room pool view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jopen5
ManagementBP, Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for your amazing review about your recent stay at our Baron Palms Resort Hotel. We are very delighted, that we could provide you with everything you wish for a special holiday and we are very much looking forward to your return to our resort soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I hate to list only negatives so will do my best to balance the review as honestly as I can.
Good points:
Beach is wonderful and the waiters cannot do enough
Hotel is so clean you could eat your dinner off the floor
Bad points:
On arrival we were shown to our room which in our opinion was far too small of the 3 of us and the reception staff were very rude and abrupt insisting we had only paid for a standard room, this resulted in us upgrading at considerable cost in order to enjoy our holiday
No seating at the beach bar? Why?
Not enough general outdoor seating

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank L N

Dear Guests,
We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback either the positive comments or the negative points regarding your recent experience at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh. We are pleased to receive such comments in order to take the corrective action which through it we will improve our services more and more. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience regarding the issues which you faced during your stay with us and we will be more than happy to host you soon once more at our resort in order to show you our standard service.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This was are 6th visit to Sharm & 2nd this year. A family of 4, my daughter is 7 and son is 4 we are a frequent travellers, Booked the Baron Palms this year for its positive reviews on TripAdviser. I must say & highlight this the staff & the ANIMATION TEAM are outstanding, apart from the house keeper, knocked & entered our room at 8 am on most days, no time to answer the door! The location of the room was noisy, the fabulous view over the main restaurant kitchen Extractions was a nightmare you can probably reach out & touch it from the balcony. Let's not talk about the food, I think we gone off Chicken legs & tough gristly Beef medalions for life! It was repeated every god Damm days!!! If this is not enough to put u off" I am sure the STOMACH BUG will surely put u & ur family off.. we all had the diarrhea with constant pain & Cramps:'( I can not explain how frustrating it was to see my kids goin through this painfully experience, & sleepless nights..

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank tajim1506

Dear Guests,
We would first like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Baron Palms Resort, We feel really sorry that your holiday has been disturbed by such situations, and we wished really to share such comments during your stay with us in order to take the corrective action, however we follow proper, hygienic food preparation procedures, and we assuring that, all our healthy procedures are up to standard, however we apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you at Baron Palms in order to let you enjoy a new memorable holiday.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant hotel great service and staff , we will go back soon :.) every day we got made very welcome nothing was too much trouble beach bar men looked after us more than we could asked for we will return

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Di A

Dear Guests,
We would like to thank you for your lovely comments about your recent experience at Baron Palms Sharm El Sheikh which making us very happy and we thank you very much for your great feedback about our team members.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year to provide you with another fantastic time at our resort.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great hotel, everywhere spotless, the staff extremely friendly and extremely helpful, the seemed genuinly interested in making sure we had a good time and looked after us, especially our children for the duration of our stay. Excellent facilities, food was very good and varied in stayle and dishes were constantly renewed so no food was left standing for long. Cook station at every meal.
Entertainments team where enthusiastic and good humoured and delievered a variety of optional activites throughout the day that kept us all amused.
Shows in the eveneing wre a mixture of the entertainment team and booked speciality acts eg Egyption dancers, Chinese Circus etc.

Beach was spotless, beach staff the same as everywhere else , great.

Whilst we were there we saw no mozzies, no flies etc.

Would highly recommend it, we cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms were very good, teh ones we saw, some facing the sea, others not. The complex is surr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Martin B

Dear Guests,

We were so delighted by your wonderful review concerning your recent holiday you spent at our Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, It was so nice to see, that we could make your stay the best ever and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next year to provide you with another lovely stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have never written a review about anything before but as the Baron Palms was so well thought of on Trip Advisor, which is the reason I chose this hotel in the first place, I thought it only fair to let other prospects in on my experience. The food and restaurants very good, confusings as to what was included as part of all inclusive and what wasn't. Even the staff were unsure. Pool and beach very good. Not enough seating in public areas to accomodate the amount of guests and they were so poorly lit you could hardly see the person sat in front of you so a game of cards etc was out of the question. Room was never clearned properly, if at all and I had to constantly ask for tea, coffee, milk, shampoo, shower gel etc as these were offten forgotton. Stains on the room floor, (including what looked like blood), when we arrived that remained throughout our stay. One evening I was not admitted in to the restaurant, (and had to leave my disabled wife by herself in the lobby), because I was wearing 'smart dress' shorts as oppsed to long trouses whereas the sign outside stated smart casual and yet people were admitted with vests, sports shorts, etc so no consistancy. I asked for a coffee in the main bar and was given a jug of hot water and a sachet of Nescafe, not the sort of service I would have expected of a 5 star hotel, likewise seeing a bottle of Baileys on the shelf, i ordered one for my wife, knowing that i would have to pay for it as it was not on the all inclusive list, but was told they dont have any and the bottles are only for show. Again, not what I would expect for a 5 star hotel.This is a 4 start hotel at best with 3 star rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank chris s

Dear Guests,
We appreciate your positive points and we feel really sorry, that we could not meet all your expectations and we do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience occurred during your visit. Please assure, that all measures been taken to provide our usual high standard of services in all areas. We hope, you will give us the chance to welcome you in the near future once more at our resort to meet your expectations for totally satisfying holiday with us.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Got back last Tuesday night after a 5 night break to The Baron Palms Resort in Sharm. The weather was excellent - not a cloud in the sky! Our room - number 308 - had a view of a construction site plus planes taking off - marvellous!! I did not unpack on arrival but instead went to reception but was told there was basically "no other rooms at the inn". So fair enough - we returned to our room (which we paid nearly £2,000 for 5 nights to stay in). A bit steep really. By the way, the room itself was ok - it was the lousy view I was complaining about. The hotel overall was good. I think the hard working waiters in the restaurants make it really - lovely bunch of lads. They work so hard. The food is ok but it does get slightly repetitive.

Now this is when it gets interesting...... Alan, my husband, developed "the bug" after being there for 2 nights. I spent £30 at the pharmacy on "bug fighting" drugs - Oh and mozzie itching cream which we we were both covered in. Alan started to feel better but then I come down with it...... I had to visit our doctor back home yesterday as unfortunately I am still going to the loo... (this is my 6th day) I now have to wait for the results - nice!

All in all we spent an awful lot of money for 5 nights in the sun - I can honestly say I will NOT be doing this again in a hurry. If there's anything to report once I have my test results back then don't worry - I will share!!!!!

Room Tip: Can't say really - as we paid an extortionate amount of money and got a construction site view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple