3,649 results
All reviewsegyptian restaurantbeach barfishmain restaurantpool restaurantanimation teamsister hotelspecial thankspool staffat lunchtimeheated poolchoice of foodtiran islandpastabaronwaitersholiday
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at the Baron Palms in June 2012 for two weeks. When you walk through the doors of the hotel you know immediately that you are in a quality establishment. The staff are always there in the background ready and willing to deal with your every request. Reception was one of my favourite places of the hotel, as it was has a very calm atmospshere, here you can use your ipad, have drinks from the bar or just tea or coffee if preferred. Served by Richel and Walid, they go quietly about their business and were always smiling no matter what time of the day or night.
The food was very fresh and varied and if there was nothing on the menu to suit your tastes, a quiet word to Lauren - Guest Relations and she arranged for you to meet with the Head Chef to discuss what you would like. Chef and his team would then ensure that your choice of food was prepared. Superb service. Room service was also very good (the cream of chicken soup was delicious). My room was spotless and kept to a very high standard. For anyone wishing to venture further afield from the hotel, you may find it is a bit off the beaten track but again this was taken care of as there is a taxi company located within the hotel and I found their rates to be very reasonable. If you are unsure of where to go then please have a chat with Lauren, this girl is a mountain of information and her advice was always spot on. She knows the best restaurants, shops and places to see. Lauren was always very professional and attentive to the guests and always smiling no matter what, she is a great all rounder for the hotel. Soho Square has lovely shops and eating places and the dancing fountains are a delight to see. Naama Bay is a bit more lively. I visited both places after having a chat to Lauren. The cold facecloths soaked in rose water were fab and just the thing when the temperature starts rise. Fruit kebabs, delicious and you don't have to move from your sun lounger as the staff come to you, exactly the same with the drinks trolley. The poolside bar was great as were the staff, always willing to serve and have a chat and of course they smiled the whole time. On the day of departure Lauren and other staff members came outside to distribute bottles of water and to wave us off.This didn't happen at any of the other hotels where we stopped to pick up guests. I can definately recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to chill out and relax in beautiful surroundings, I will definately be going back. Simply brilliant. Keep up the good work everyone.

Room Tip: Overall this is a very quiet hotel and therefore there was never a problem with noise in the room, I wasn't dure if I liked my room at first and contacted Lauren at Guest Relations and within 10 minutes she had the keys to an alternative room and was showing me around. Now that's service.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Teresa G
Ismail K, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your excellent review of your holiday at Baron Palms Resort last month. It is lovely to read such kind words for all aspects of the hotel and service and especially the staff, I shall pass a special thanks to those you have given a special mention to.
Please accept my warm regards on behalf of everyone at the hotel,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our first holiday into Egypt, we were naturally concerned about what the experience would be like overall given the warnings about food and cleanliness you hear about from other travellers. However I can say with great conviction that Baron Palms Hotel was the best hotel we have stayed in by far. The overall cleanliness of the resort, restaurants, and beach was of the highest standard. Coupled with great service from the staff who were all so helpful with any queries we had made for a truly relaxing and stress free stay.
Upon our arrival we were greeted very warmly by the guest relations manager Lauren and the front office staff - Haitham and the front office manager Tamer.
We were shown to our room which was basic but clean and comfortable - added benefit two toilets!
We did switch to a pool view room and so glad we did as it was wonderful waking up hearing and seeing the waterfall in the pool.
The kitchen staff - Chef Ashraf, Manager - Magdy and our waiter Ashraf were all so welcoming and helpful. You really are spoilt for choice in the restaurant at breakfast, lunch and dinner and the cleanliness far surpassed any expectations i had. Great selection of hot and cold food with changing themes every day. Fresh fruit and salads available all the time - i do not recall them running out of anything.
Our girls were kept entertained by the Animation team (Osama, Julie, Igor,etc) who played water polo twice a day and then had a show every evening which you must go and see after dinner.
There are 3 main places to eat - Tiran restaurant which si the main place (opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner), Pool side bar where you can get drinks and snacks - pizza, chips, toasties,etc from 10:00am-Midnight and then there si the bar in the reception for drinks and light snacks which is open 24 hours a day.
The area around the hotel is barren but you don’t need to venture out as everything you need is in the resort! However is you do want to venture out there is a great taxi service which will take you wherever you may want to go. See the taxi representative by the Bell Captains Desk.
We felt the resort safe enough to let the kids (9 and 13) walk around freely even at 10.30 at night as there were security guards at each entrance.
We have already planned to go back next year and make this our Egypt holiday destination.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel - Baron Palms (Not to be confused with Baron Resort which is same company and is adjoining)

Room Tip: Book a pool view room numbers 2xx as these are on the same level as the reception area.
5  Thank Kamal P
Ismail K, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your excellent review of your recent holiday to Baron Palms, Sharm el Sheikh, and for highly recommending the hotel.

It is a pleasure to read your kind words and praising comments, especially of our staff and commending their hard work and efforts. I will pass your messages of thanks to those mentioned.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again next year.
Please accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have just got back from Sharm last night. We are family of 2 children 9 & 13. Truly there are no words to describe the exemplary service we received from this hotel. firstly, the restaurant, with our very specific dietary requirements the chefs could not do enough for us. A big thank you to Mr Magdy and Chef Ashraf (the tall one). the array of dinning for all inclusive was amazing too. We met many families who had returned to this hotel purely for the personal service received. Thank you to the animation team for all the hard work they put in for children and adults. From the cleaners to the gardeners to the management just out of this world service - Mr Tamir, Lauren, Somaiya, Alex, Ehmed and Haithan (front desk). Mohammed from the pool side bar for working so hard and remaining ever friendly. Richael from the lounge bar and all other staff there too were absolutely fab! The concierge and the Taxi rep were ever so friendly and helpful. Every single person we came in contact with were so humble and genuine.
Overall the hotel was constantly clean, we walked bare footed every where and not once will you feel dust under your feet. Rooms cleaned immaculately. The hotel even offered a pillow menu for that comfortable sleep and yes we slept like babies every night! .The pool was cleaned constantly and all of the poolside and beaches were immaculately clean.
This is the first 5* hotel that we have stayed (and we have stayed in other few in different countries) that has gone beyond and above what customer is all about. All other hotels should learn from this one.
The SPA was brilliant here too - we all had amazing treatments and massages here too.
We met Mr Ismail Mehmet (General Manager) Mr Ahmed Khalid (Area General Manager) and they both are so humble and offered their personal services to us too. It was amazing to see management always about and talking to customers. Mr Khalid explained the Baron Philosophy to us and we understood why the service is 15 out of 10 - he said that people travel so far form their homes, they should feel at home here in every way possible.
Loving you all and cant wait to go back! Kam and Hitesha

Room Tip: all the rooms are very nice but the pool view rooms are always very nice to wake up too
6  Thank Hitesha P
Ismail K, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,
I cannot thank you enough for your continued and very sincere gratitude. Meeting you was my pleasure and it would be our honour to welcome your family back again to your new second home in the sun.
Please accept my warmest regards on behalf of all staff here at Baron Palms Resort.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We chose to stay at the Baron Palms hotel rather than the resort and for us it was a great choice. The rooms aren't as plush as some of the hotels I've stayed in but certainly good standard. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and we could have ate and drank from dawn till dusk if we has wanted to. The food in the main restaurant is good standard and apparently the chef will cook you something if you are really fussy. Where this hotel excels is with its staff. Everyone is friendly they seem to remember all the guest names. This is probably the most laid back holiday I've ever had and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: No rooms have a sea view and the pool view rooms will only get sun in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank lazydays12
ismail k, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Baron Palms Resort and for taking the time to leave your review, I am pleased you have had an enjoyable and relaxing holiday. We do our very best to ensure all our guests get the most from their holiday and it's rewarding for us when our efforts are appreciated.
We look forward to your next visit.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We have just got back early hours of this morning 25th July 2012 so what can I say about the Baron Palms apart from perfect!!! We have 2 young children 4 and 6 years and it was great for them with a brilliant team at the kids club Nina and Aslan fabulous they kept the children entertained morning, noon and night which as parents was great for us giving us some time by ourselves. The bedroom was cleaned everyday, the food was good and was lots of variation everyday. The grounds were kept in pristine condition as was everything for that matter the Manager was always out and about which was really nice and any problems you had he wanted to know about them. The staff in the main restaurant were outstanding especially Mahmoud and Samy thank you sooooo much for making it so easy for us having children, you were wonderful. I would just also like to say a big thank you to Richeal in the piano bar and our lovely friend Mohamed who served drinks around the pool all day!!! The only negative thing I would say was that the all-inclusive package did not include branded drinks, which was a bit of a let down, especially for the price of the holiday!!! Apart from that it was certainly the people that made our holiday, would we come back to this hotel absolutely.

8  Thank Andrea G
ismail k, General Manager at Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Guest,
What can I say about your review?! I wonder whether you have had the time to sleep or unpack before writing this, and I thank you for your enthusiasm. I thank you also for your kind words and shall extend your many thank yous to the staff mentioned.
It was our pleasure to have hosted you and your family and we hope to see you back here again soon.
Best Regards,