Returned 10 days ago from our 4th visit to this hotel and were delighted to see that it was still delivering a quality product.
Presumably owing to the economy and recent political difficulties, it would seem that Egypt's tourism has suffered since everywhere seemed a lot quieter than usual. This has obviously reflected on the number of staff at the hotel, so that on a couple of occasions the staffing in the restaurant was not as efficient as we have known in the past. That aside, the staff were working very hard to make everthing a good experience for us.
The food was excellent and if you don't find something which you like, I think you must be very difficult to please since the range of foods is amazing, well cooked and imaginative. (I was very surprised to read mandyegg2k's review since it was totally opposite to our own experience - were they at the same hotel?)
The local drinks are perfectly acceptable and we noticed that the red wine has improved immensely from previous years.
The rooms are spacious and clean with top quality Egyptian bed linen and towels. We had a room overlooking the road and beyond, which, whilst not being as interesting as the pool, was very peaceful and enabled us to get the last of the afternoon's sun.
We booked a trip on the glass-bottom boat through Bobo's Watersports (who can be found on the beach). They were courteous, professional and a lot cheaper than going via Thomas Cook. Would definitely recommend this if you don't fancy snorkelling or diving.
All in all a fantastic break from the British winter. Will definitely be booking for next January.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting location, rooted in timeless attraction; a palette of colors: blue skies, red mountains, green landscapes, turquoise sea, and golden sands, are simple descriptions of this five-star boutique-style deluxe Hotel, with an adults only concept. The award-winning Andalucian-style with Moroccan design features Resort setup amid more than 150 palm trees, offers high-quality accommodation and a wealth of onsite facilities all combined to make it 'A New Tropical Heaven'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Palms Hotel
- Baron Palms Sharm El Sheikh